Can't concentrate flying when children are present

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I really hate when I visit a beautiful park with a nice lake view and there are children present. When they see the drone they start making noises and can't concentrate. This is why I prefer to visit any park very early in the morning, when they are not people around that can bother me.

I really hate when I visit a beautiful park with a nice lake view and there are children present. When they see the drone they start making noises and can't concentrate. This is why I prefer to visit any park very early in the morning, when they are not people around that can bother me.
Yip same early or evening flights or spectators start lineine up,,,I don't mind but very distracting,,,even had question about motorbike carb when I was flying,,,gezz ..:)that was a concentration lapse,,,,

Right there with you. I don't like anyone around when I fly.
They always have plenty of questions that I would rather not answer.
Where'd ya get that? How high will it go? Does it have a camera? What did it cost? etc......

Luckily they never come to ask anything but children usually make noises and I hate it. People don't understand that some of us just don't flight just for fun... I always try to make cinematic quality footage and this require concentration to create the best film.

Yip just happen again,,,kid watching on bike asks if he have a turn,,40 min ago

(Little Johnny comes up with chocolate covered fingers and asks) "Hey, can I fly that too?"

If that was the case, I will reply to him that I am filmmaking something and need put attention to what I am doing or I can lose the aircraft. Explaining to him also that flying over deep water and low altitude can be dangerous.

Reactions: trevornewkirk
You guys sound like you need some Ritalin.

This is not about ADHD... I don't flight only for fun just like most people in here. I do it because I love filmmaking great video footage. I do not like people around me, they can be far away and it's fine. But I really hate when they start bothering and specially their kids.

If they can't see you they wouldn't be able to ask you questions. Sounds a lot like you new to put more thought into your finding your take off point.

That's why it's really great when I go very early in the morning... you can find peace to do the job and nobody around :)

Reactions: Nighthawk5112
Kids will be kids. You probably don't remember just how many questions you asked when you were young. ;)

I totally agreed and understand that but if I was just flying for fun or I have a regular RC plane... I don't care if there are 100 kids around me. I can let then fly the RC plane if they want to do it. But like I said before, I use my phantom for other purposes.

I totally agreed and understand that but if I was just flying for fun or I have a regular RC plane... I don't care if there are 100 kids around me. I can let then fly the RC plane if they want to do it. But like I said before, I use my phantom for other purposes.
If it's not fun your not doing it properly.

I love flying with people around. Happy to answer questions and deny them the chance to fly my $2000 investment LOL! But seriously, never had an issue flying with people asking me stuff. I kind of enjoy it.

I will say I have been flying manual RC (non autonomous) gas planes since i was 13 (although the drone was the first RC Ive flown since about my 20s).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan