Can't believe the spark

With the optional remote, which is an additional$150-200.
Also, if DJI claims a 1.2 miles range, in reality it's 1/4 of that. Just like the Phantom 3S. This uses wifi to control it.
Most probably so, but my P4's range was listed as over 3 miles but I went 200 feet short of 5 miles.

With the optional remote, which is an additional$150-200.
Also, if DJI claims a 1.2 miles range, in reality it's 1/4 of that. Just like the Phantom 3S. This uses wifi to control it.
I'm sure a lotta folks are going to be a little disappointed with trying to use there phone as a controller in full sun and then discover separate controllers are available for another $150-200

I sold my P3A as soon as I got wind of the Mavic. I was getting ready to buy Mavic...then this happens....my oh my. I'd hate to be someone who just bought a P3 or P4 the last couple months. What a colossal waste of money that would've been.

Ummm You're kidding right? :D

P4P and it rocks! :p

Would be tempting if not for price. Bought my P3s last Dec for 478 with a spare battery. 650 is a chunk. On flight time remember to maximize battery life stay at orvabove 30%.
Of course for its target market it will be launch, hey yall watch this, shoot, revovery

Would be tempting if not for price. Bought my P3s last Dec for 478 with a spare battery. 650 is a chunk. On flight time remember to maximize battery life stay at orvabove 30%.
Of course for its target market it will be launch, hey yall watch this, shoot, revovery
Recovery may have more than one context.

I sold my P3A as soon as I got wind of the Mavic. I was getting ready to buy Mavic...then this happens....my oh my. I'd hate to be someone who just bought a P3 or P4 the last couple months. What a colossal waste of money that would've been.
Spark isn't capable of flying the range your P3A, 2+miles. If you buy a Spark I think you'll be disappointed, it's not nearly as capable as your P3A. Assuming you fly more than a half mile away, Spark will leave you bored. Keep in mind, this isn't using Lightbridge, it's a Wifi drone. I expect DJI's estimation of 1.2mi (with controller) in the US is overstated, since most wifi drones (Yuneec-Blade-Karma) are good to about .75mi at best, unless you're in the desert or up in the mountains. Then there's the flight time compared to P3A and Mavic. DJI estimates 16 minutes for Spark, but if they keep their normal pattern of estimating, that's really 12-13min (I hope I'm wrong).

Spark is great for it's intended purpose, vacation video and photos, IMO. It's portability is pretty incredible, given the quality you'll get from the video. Mavic is great too, but you cannot be as spontaneous as the with Spark to snap quick photos. I'm considering one myself, I'm just not sure how often I'd use it. I think my wife would use it all the time, she's always taking selfies on vacation and weekend trips, etc. I'm not that much of a selfie guy.

Casey Neistat on Twitter

Pretty huge deal when Casey Neistat says that the Spark is his new favorite drone!!!
What does he know about flying? Have you watch his videos when he is trying to fly a phantom or mavic? He is clueless and just slapping the sticks around. He has ran into buildings. Walls etc. Lol. He is entertaining to watch though.

I don't think you were using a stock P4 RC, right? The P4 is anemic IMO, compared to the P4P.
Windsurfers and the 32 channel hack. I can't remember now, but I came back with about 2% battery left. But again, the range distance posted by DJI should always be taken with a grain of sea salt. There are too many environments to give a more accurate distance.

I agreed, the spark to me is like a glorified $100 dollars drone with a few new improvements. I rather prefer my phantom 3 standard.
Phantom 3 standard still is unbeatable for the price, has a decent transmitter, higher fly time, 2k camera identical to the advanced, 3 axis gimble and handles the wind very well.

Reactions: macoman
Phantom 3 standard still is unbeatable for the price, has a decent transmitter, higher fly time, 2k camera identical to the advanced, 3 axis gimble and handles the wind very well.

Close but not identical camera. The standard uses a Panasonic sensor while the advanced uses Sony and shoots in 60fps.

True, that's why i said it was 'identical'. Still much better, with much more options on the app for professional use than the spark. Thx [emoji106]

True, that's why i said it was 'identical'. Still much better, with much more options on the app for professional use than the spark. Thx [emoji106]

That's why you said it was identical[emoji848]

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl