Can't believe the spark

I sold my P3A as soon as I got wind of the Mavic. I was getting ready to buy Mavic...then this happens....my oh my. I'd hate to be someone who just bought a P3 or P4 the last couple months. What a colossal waste of money that would've been.

Not really, they are still better then a spark. That is a selfie toy. Fun but doesn't replace a phantom...
Agreed, the Spark looks like a boy's toy. The phantoms are stronger and capable of flying much farther away.

Watch this video made with the Spark. If I can do this... my P3P will never see the light of day again.

Your P3P can do better video (better camera + 3 axis gimbal vs Spark's 2-axis).
The points of buying Spark is portability, versatility (selfie - from hand, with phone as remote, with remote) and obstacle avoidance system.

Fom all other perspectives Phantom is better - more stable, longer flight times, further flight distances, etc.

But - it's same as to compare a desktop with ultrabook - they both are computers, but serve different needs.
The best all-round scenario is to have both of them :)

I don't think of the Spark as a selfie drone, although no doubt I'll be used as one. I think as others have stated, its filling a void in the market. It will definitely have its uses. I am interested in it as a complement to my full size P3S (but not at the current price point). It's very similar to having a point-and- shoot camera as a complement to a DSLR. The convenience factor of the Spark will be huge.

Transmission Distance
1.2 MI(2 KM)
With the optional remote, which is an additional$150-200.
Also, if DJI claims a 1.2 miles range, in reality it's 1/4 of that. Just like the Phantom 3S. This uses wifi to control it.

This is more me. My P4 is now on the market. Having to lug around a large backpack and spend 10 minutes getting it the air kills the enjoyment. This looks perfect for my requirements.

Reactions: top boy roy
Hmm, Am i understanding this correctly using a phone as the controller you only get 100 yards but if you buy a DJI controller separately you then can get the max. range of 1.2 mi. ?

Yes, for just $500 you can get a drone that flies 100 yards (presumably in ideal conditions with no interference).

$500 for 100 yards dont sound like much of a deal when compared to a P3 , unless smaller is worth the difference to you..

I think they're targeting people who basically just want an ultra tiny selfie-type drone, but at $500 I'm not sure how big that market is - time will tell.

But it can spiral up!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie