Can you beat this distance?

It's not really a debate at all anymore. We all realize there are those who will simply not follow the rules, regulations and "recommendations". They will keep doing whatever they want to do. We just can't whine and cry when we get exactly what we deserve when the new "laws" come down the pipe this year. Carry on.
One time this Imperial pompous country got it's *** kicked by imposing rules on the citizens without following any due course or legal process. Maybe it could happen again. Maybe 60 days is the Constitutional law that must first be considered? Maybe drones need to be in a category all of there own.

I usually cache beforehand. On this flight I actually had wifi connected though to a network.

3.04 miles.PNG

Do you just cache the maps before you fly or do you connect via Bluetooth like I currently do?
I have a data plan on my iPad mini 4 but when I go places that I am not sure if I have service I cache the maps ahead of time.

dirklod - nice. But try for 21000 ft :)
Also Dav from your topic name and your screenshot which was 10,692' I did go farther .You didn't put up a flight that far or I missed it .
I know the LB smokes the Standard and really was just messing with ya ;)

I have been able to get to 3600 ft. But I noticed it depends on my device choice. That was with my iPad air. With my nexus, I was only able to do 2500 ft. I didn't push past 3600. I have a p3pro
Actually, the device you use has got absolutely zero influence on your range.

Reactions: FrequentFlyer
It's not really a debate at all anymore. We all realize there are those who will simply not follow the rules, regulations and "recommendations". They will keep doing whatever they want to do. We just can't whine and cry when we get exactly what we deserve when the new "laws" come down the pipe this year. Carry on.
Just like its against the law to go faster than the speed limit, but everyone does at one point in their lives.

Reactions: m0j0
Just like its against the law to go faster than the speed limit, but everyone does at one point in their lives.
True. This comparison is usually trotted out by those who wish to undermine any attempt at authority over their lives. And I'm right there with you! However, this is a vastly different animal. We can actually "fly" a craft, way up there in the great blue yonder! But the problem is, there are many of thousands of other aircraft up there as well. And every one of them is in contact with each other and/or a tower that coordinates all of this. Us? Not so much. As a matter of fact, we are totally blind to other aircraft, unless and until they appear on top of us.

So, I won't argue or debate the point, that's been done to death. All I will ask............................ is that surely you can at least grasp the enormity of the problem at hand? Small drones filling the skies with no integration into the National Air Space at all?! Like it or not, something will have to be done. I hope it's not the draconian measures some speak of. Surely we can figure out a way that's acceptable to all parties. Can't we? I sure hope so!

Reactions: eaglegoaltender
I have had my P3P 8,000 feet away (200 ft. altitude) with 100% signal, no loss at all. The Bird and the RC are stock, only added windsurfers. I think I could have done that with no windsurfers, just stock.. I dont have any interference around me, so I transmit a clear signal.. I'm surprised at the low operating range some people are getting.

So, I won't argue or debate the point, that's been done to death. All I will ask............................ is that surely you can at least grasp the enormity of the problem at hand? Small drones filling the skies with no integration into the National Air Space at all?! Like it or not, something will have to be done. I hope it's not the draconian measures some speak of. Surely we can figure out a way that's acceptable to all parties. Can't we? I sure hope so!
I'm not for weakening any laws, but I'm also weary of those pious individuals that always tout limits like they never go over them.

Yes, any UAV into the air on mass will always be an issue. But the current range and capabilities are limited for national commercial airspace. But that's not to say there shouldn't be clear guidelines and education. I'm sure birds pose more of an everyday risk to commercial aircraft than drones. Well at least at this present time.

I have had my P3P 8,000 feet away (200 ft. altitude) with 100% signal, no loss at all. The Bird and the RC are stock, only added windsurfers. I think I could have done that with no windsurfers, just stock.. I dont have any interference around me, so I transmit a clear signal.. I'm surprised at the low operating range some people are getting.

Mine is stock as well with windsurfers. Max distance from my driveway was 8740'. Great signal the whole way. Any much farther and I'll lose LOS and reception due to trees around the area.

Good point, however, I would like to point out that I was standing on a rooftop deck in the middle of a large city with plenty of opportunities for interference.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl