Can you beat this distance?

Screenshot_2016-01-20-21-36-57.png

I believe the second one because it is 4.5 miles out and back. The first one - not so much. Even with an extreme battery mod, a live video feed wouldn't work 8 miles out thus the only way I could see this happening is a preprogrammed mission with a ridiculous battery mod (and no live feed through most the mission)
Is that enough proof for you? I'm the Flytrex distance leader I get 32 minutes flight time and I use an FPVLR V2

It's totally possible to go more than eight miles even 9 miles if you have the right set up so you can call BS all you want all the proof there pal

Please explain the "set up". After multiple battery mods it would be pretty much a custom quad I assume. And what type of antenna set up would you need for true live feed at that distance?

It's totally possible to go more than eight miles even 9 miles if you have the right set up so you can call BS all you want all the proof there pal
I am curious about the right set up too....I am getting less than 20 minutes flight time on fully charged batteries.

Thanks unknown, I didn't have a screenshot to offer him and that's the only way he was going to be satisfied
Its cool man I wouldn't have believed it either without seeing some proof I thought I posted a screenshot when I answered this post it must not of uploaded.

I believe the second one because it is 4.5 miles out and back. The first one - not so much. Even with an extreme battery mod, a live video feed wouldn't work 8 miles out thus the only way I could see this happening is a preprogrammed mission with a ridiculous battery mod (and no live feed through most the mission)
I'm using nothing more then a boosted FPVLR V2 3000MW sunhans x2 and a battery mod. Did you look at the screenshot that flight was over land and it was 8.5 miles away full signal at 400 feet I have flown 8 miles without the boosters and still had video feed. Light bridge is awesome bro it's not the same as the p2 the signal is so good it's like a given I worry about battery life not signal

Reactions: Ed209
Dude its a regular phantom 3 with a battery mod no bird side modifications just a lipo tray cut down to fit the p3 and some carbon fiber reinforced props

Dude its a regular phantom 3 with a battery mod no bird side modifications just a lipo tray cut down to fit the p3 and some carbon fiber reinforced props
another thing that would be beneficial to you if you want max range and battery life get back on firmware 1.19 or 1.32
1.41 and later really takes away your ability to gain speed from tailwinds 1.41 you're not going to go much faster than 36 or 37 miles an hour even with a 10 mile an hour tailwind in GPS mode. Firmware 1.19 for example with a 10 mph tailwind you will be 40+ mph that makes a huge difference when you're trying to get range.

Reactions: Azmopic
I fly my drones myself I have a matrice 100 now which I am going to use to try to break 10 or 11 miles and come back I'm using the exact same antenna on my m100 controller as I did on my p3 and it uses the same light bridge setup it has a a wider stance so that will probably give it a little better signal because it's a bigger drone but other than that its the same setup. I'm not the only person who's taking a p3 further than 8 miles it's not hard just have to have the battery life that's what it all hinges on.

Reactions: Azmopic
I am curious about the right set up too....I am getting less than 20 minutes flight time on fully charged batteries.
I'm sorry bro I didn't see you asked me a question you need a battery mod and a couple 4s LiPo packs to get more then 20 minutes flight time. FPVcustoms.com sell modded P3 batteries. For example this setup right here with these high voltage venom batteries this modified P 3 battery from FPV customs and battery tray will put you 29 min to 10%20160120_224319.jpg

I'm sorry bro I didn't see you asked me a question you need a battery mod and a couple 4s LiPo packs to get more then 20 minutes flight time. FPVcustoms.com sell modded P3 batteries. For example this setup right here with these high voltage venom batteries this modified P 3 battery from FPV customs and battery tray will put you 29 min to 10%View attachment 41320
Thanks very much, I did not know about these battery options...thankyou

I'm sorry bro I didn't see you asked me a question you need a battery mod and a couple 4s LiPo packs to get more then 20 minutes flight time. FPVcustoms.com sell modded P3 batteries. For example this setup right here with these high voltage venom batteries this modified P 3 battery from FPV customs and battery tray will put you 29 min to 10%View attachment 41320
Thanks again will order this battery mod.
Best regards

It's not to bad for a STANDARD.

Reactions: dirkclod

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1