Can my battery be saved?

Reaction score
I have a malfunctioning Phantom 2 Vision battery, possibly after I destroyed two propellers in a messy landing.

I first noticed it after wanting to recharge the battery, the process surprisingly finished in like 30 minutes when the battery was supposedly almost depleted. Also it stays at bar 1 for a good while, and the other bars fill up much quicker. Sometimes it goes to 4 bars, sometimes only 2, then the charger goes green and won't charge it anymore.

If I try to fly with it, I get about 3 minutes of flight time before it wants to auto-land and the bars quickly deplete to 1, so obviously it's not safe to use.

I think there's something wrong with cell 2, see images:

Depleted after the malfunction:

Charged after the malfunction:

Sometimes it will say 100%, but that's not really true.

I was wondering if it's possible to force charge the battery somehow with a different charger? I guess not, since the smart battery itself supposedly controls it, but I thought it'd be worth asking.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2014-02-07 19.55.10.png
    Screenshot 2014-02-07 19.55.10.png
    91.5 KB · Views: 550
  • Screenshot 2014-02-07 20.41.28.png
    Screenshot 2014-02-07 20.41.28.png
    68.7 KB · Views: 519
Probably can be saved. You may need to run your battery down and then recharge. Check youtube for vision specific tips. For example you could discharge the other cells to the level of cell two and then recharge. Again check for vision specific info as I own a V1.1.1

The only way for me to run it down ATM is to force my phantom to hover until the battery turns off. I guess what I need is a smart charger that let's me discharge all cells fully and equally. I'll scour YouTube for a solution in the mean time, maybe I will just order a new battery and try to fix this one as well. I need more batteries anyway. :)

Sent from my M9pro using Tapatalk

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl