Camera Settings

Reaction score
According to Tom, of Tech Times, the settings like sunny and cloudy are for what you want the video to look like. I thought they were for the conditions of the day.

Yeah those are white balance settings which is the single easiest thing to adjust in post production. It's basically irrelevant if you will do any work in post. If not, setting a white balance will drastically change the look.

Reactions: sonof40
According to Tom, of Tech Times, the settings like sunny and cloudy are for what you want the video to look like. I thought they were for the conditions of the day.

Fairly certain the presets should be used to get neutral colours in certain conditions.

If you are shooting in incandescent light, the incandescent preset will boost the warm colours to give you a more natural colour(instead of really cold colours).

I know this is the case for my Sony A77(however As jiggyb21 said, I do all my white balance in post).

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Have you got a specific link to this? Remember that English isn't Tom's first language, so like some people here, he perhaps sometimes doesn't explain things quite as well as he could.

But there again, I don't think that I would be very good explaining something technical about a drone very well in German either... :)

If Tom said that, he's incorrect.
It's all about the colour temp of the light source which the camera will correct for to get neutral colours.
If you are shooting on a sunny day, you set sunny etc.
Of course you could just select auto and have no need to worry about it.

Reactions: Steve7777
He talks about that here.
Thanks msinger. If it is, indeed, that one and that section then, yes, some of his sentence-phrasing can be a bit ambiguous but he does clearly say '...actually, the white balance's job isn't giving the picture a style, for example, an action-scene style, it's always only about having the white being white, so if you see a piece of paper or the white housings (sic), they should be white and not bluish or reddish..."

To me, that seems to be a fairly reasonable and correct general summary of the white-balance-function settings.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michello