Bye. DJI

Na. I loved the drone but way to many problems. All software. All since the update. Was at San Onofre beach near camp pendleton. Few my rc plane just fine. But drone said no fly zone.
Even though i had permission from the base.
Or near grand canyon. No fly zone.
Who gave dji to say where you can and cant fly.
Even a AMA park near the airport where i fly my plane. Drone said no fly zone
I get green screen on the ipad
Camera says slow writing then stops recording. And all camera function have NA.
I call dji cant understand them + on hold for ever. Problem not resolved.
Sorry. Just venting.

Shame some bad experience with the P4P for what I read from others.
I've purchased p4p+ back in February of 2017. Thru a 3 party vendor that tests what they receive in from DJI before selling. There support is fantastic and answered all my concerns n questions and they offer information I wasn't even aware of. They support everything from DJI and fix down to the component level before sending vack to DJI.
I never once had a complaint. Even after the new firmware that I have read so many complaints. Not sure why I'm not seeing this other than maybe, purchasing straight from DJI is the actual problem. Maybe China's production line at DJI may have produced defective numbers an overlooked quality control. Things like that do happen especially coming from China. Company here in the US takes pride in quality control to make sure that they are selling the merchandise that DJI manufacturers. This give this 3rd party company good credibility in the states which draws attention for consumers to purchase from.
I am very happy with my purchase and will continue to look forward enjoying my investment. I have lifetime support and lifetime on the actual controller since they upgraded the mod.
In today's modern electronic age one has to be careful who is selling the product who is Manufacturing their product and if they do they have quality control at each level and also what kind of guarantee will back the product from working the way it was designed. It seems nowadays not many manufacturers have good quality control at each level before the product is complete for sell. It is becoming more quantity than quality for the companies to make its quota for profit than pleasing their customers.

I have many years experience n certified and schooling with this sort of Technology I've experienced and supervise and managed production lines in the past. Lot of sneaky things happen on these lines which consumers are never informed. Just to make quota disregarding the quality of what their Manufacturing. And the sad part is US consumers rely on what we are purchasing for the quality of what the product is supposed to do. Must do research before getting involved in such an expensive piece of technology and who you're dealing with.

Another more reason to stay with my humble phantom 3 standard. New firmware in this machine works fine. I don't need the new fancy phantom 4 as I read they are having a lot of issues with the new firmware.
I'm with you, Macoman. I can afford the higher end machines but I decided on the P3S. I don't need 4K and all of the high-tech bells and whistles. For basic video and photography it works great. I'm still a nervous wreck flying a $500 toy. Just imagine a $1,200 - $1,500 machine. It would never leave the ground!

Reactions: macoman
Well, my replacement Phantom 4 has performed perfectly! Of course, I have NEVER updated the firmware and fly only with Litchi so guess DJI can't get to me? Anyway, I love flying and using waypoints on Litchi. My first P4 inverted, and flew into the ground from 200 feet but that was with the original firmware circa October 2016. DJI would not tell my how this happened even after trying for a month to get some information. They finally sent me this new P4 to shut me up, but still won't answer my question, as to, how the heck can this happen?????
Thanks,
Jim
WA5TEF

P4P, all completely up to date, DJI Go 4 4.1.5 too and no problems at all.
Took it out tonight, had a great time, ran down a couple of batteries.
So far, I have purchased, updated everything, everytime it was requested. It all works, no real problems, only required me to recallibrate everything with the last DJi Go 4 update, that also updated the AC.
Maybe I am just lucky?
You are VERY lucky ... your experience is NOT the norm for the latest release of firmware !!!

Noticed my local gumtree (our version of craigslist) is full of DJI drones for sale, perhaps one or two a week would appear and sell very quickly, now there is 30/ 40 adds and none are selling.
Something big is going down here, DJI are losing it and very quickly.

The tips and tricks you get from here and Youtube are priceless in this hobby or business! Never thought I would be a Youtube Head but you just can't help it. LMAO

Na. I loved the drone but way to many problems. All software. All since the update. Was at San Onofre beach near camp pendleton. Few my rc plane just fine. But drone said no fly zone.
Even though i had permission from the base.
Or near grand canyon. No fly zone.
Who gave dji to say where you can and cant fly.
Even a AMA park near the airport where i fly my plane. Drone said no fly zone
I get green screen on the ipad
Camera says slow writing then stops recording. And all camera function have NA.
I call dji cant understand them + on hold for ever. Problem not resolved.
Sorry. Just venting.
I agree and stopped buying DJI as well. Too much control over the product causing more anxiety than fun IMHO. Never been more disappointed with a company. Not the product I purchased. I take my H out mostly - it never fails me. (might fall out of the sky but it'll be in the sky)

I think there are two issues.

The first is that flying drones requires technical competence of its user. It's a fast-moving world of technology requiring many updates in software and firmware. If you do it right everything works if you don't do it right you have problems.

The second issue I believe is that DJI does not exhaustively test their software. I find I never have problems with the basic functions. All my problems involved the intelligent mode software for getting into and out of the intelligent flight modes.

So I spend a lot of time practicing my flying skills and camera movement skills so I don't need the intelligent flight modes. The camera, the obstacle avoidance, and the ability to use Moverio BT-300 glasses have made the experience very worthwhile.

For those who are not photographers, I believe that the Phantom 3 Pro is a good option.

Every time you turn the damned thing on it was a firmware update, they have just become a major pain in the backside.
Now with this NFZ and lets have your credit card details to store in a country with no data protection laws.
Well, the GDU Bryd II which can lift a sony SLR and operate lightbridge through it looks to be a far better option.
DJI are really loosing it for me now and I mean really loosing it, I certainly would not buy anything new.

They are like betamax and VHS, Betamax was it for video, until they started with area code locking and boom, they were gone.
Very similar with DJI, they are locking products you own by hacking the firmware forcing you to bow and grovel just to use it again.
Finished in my eyes and finished for good.

Reactions: The Roach
Every time you turn the damned thing on it was a firmware update, they have just become a major pain in the backside.
Now with this NFZ and lets have your credit card details to store in a country with no data protection laws.
Well, the GDU Bryd II which can lift a sony SLR and operate lightbridge through it looks to be a far better option.
DJI are really loosing it for me now and I mean really loosing it, I certainly would not buy anything new.

They are like betamax and VHS, Betamax was it for video, until they started with area code locking and boom, they were gone.
Very similar with DJI, they are locking products you own by hacking the firmware forcing you to bow and grovel just to use it again.
Finished in my eyes and finished for good.
Yup - I agree, I too will not purchase another DJI product. And you are correct, many other options are becoming available. Many are selling 'no-geofencing' as a feature now. I'll check out the GDU, looks like a good potential. I've never been so upset with a that I have even set them an email to complain but I've just lost it with DJI; started working on www.dji-advocacy.com. Slowly putting it together but it looks like I'll need to work faster!

No internet. And i figured a teacher is way better the u tube. U can ask questions

No internet!!! How did you respond to this post?!?

Just teasing. I know what you mean. If you’re new to a subject it’s better to have a human being there who can give you immediate feedback. It helps save you from learning by crashing.

I understand that some people have problems with the P4P but in reality that is a very small percentage of the ACs being used. You have to keep in mind that almost all of the posts on these forums are from people who are having a problem and looking for help so that is what you are seeing, not many users jump on the forums to say how well the AC's are performing. I fly a P4P+ two or three times a week for work and it performs beautifully with current firmware, no problems. Many of the people with the problems either do not follow the update instructions or simply do not understand them. Also many people are trying to do things with the AC that are "risky" at best, such as flying out of sight miles from the home points, flying well above the 400 foot ceiling, trying to fly in NFZs and flying in tight spots without ever practicing with the simulators or fly in beginner mode for a while. Just my opinion of course!

I understand that some people have problems with the P4P but in reality that is a very small percentage of the ACs being used. You have to keep in mind that almost all of the posts on these forums are from people who are having a problem and looking for help so that is what you are seeing, not many users jump on the forums to say how well the AC's are performing. I fly a P4P+ two or three times a week for work and it performs beautifully with current firmware, no problems. Many of the people with the problems either do not follow the update instructions or simply do not understand them. Also many people are trying to do things with the AC that are "risky" at best, such as flying out of sight miles from the home points, flying well above the 400 foot ceiling, trying to fly in NFZs and flying in tight spots without ever practicing with the simulators or fly in beginner mode for a while. Just my opinion of course!
You say flying in a NFZ is risky behavior, but what if your whole state is a NFZ? Are you in MA? Perhaps there is still freedom loving there but the skies are off limits here in NJ.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka