Bye. DJI

None back to model aircraft
DSC_3324em.jpg

Another more reason to stay with my humble phantom 3 standard. New firmware in this machine works fine. I don't need the new fancy phantom 4 as I read they are having a lot of issues with the new firmware.

I bought my p4p in January support sucked. No one to help you.
Classes almost as much as the drone.
Cost. Always a problem

Reactions: Squirrel!
I bought my p4p in January support sucked. No one to help you.
Classes almost as much as the drone.
Cost. Always a problem
I'm sorry your experience has been so bad. Just wondering, why do you feel the need to take a class? I've found it to be pretty easy to learn the basics online (through YouTube & this forum) and then just go. Then it's just time in the air to build muscle memory and fine tune your technique.

No internet. And i figured a teacher is way better the u tube. U can ask questions

Gotcha. Yes, I can see that without internet access it would be difficult to get all of your questions answered. I am so used to using the internet for tutorials and forum answers that it never even phased me to learn this way. Most tech these days has very limited paper instructions because they assume you'll check out their instruction videos online. Welcome to the future. :-/

Reactions: yoyoman
Another more reason to stay with my humble phantom 3 standard. New firmware in this machine works fine. I don't need the new fancy phantom 4 as I read they are having a lot of issues with the new firmware.
E X A C T L Y. after peeking in and out of here for a year and a half and wading through all the blah blah blah about the Phantom 4 and all the bells and whistles, I patiently got to appreciate my Phantom 3 Advanced. If I thought I was going to take professional aerial pictures I would buy something that can do that or tie my Nikon to a bundle of birthday balloons.

I have a p3 but since getting the p4p it's all but impossible to go back to the p3 camera. My p3 overall is a solid bird but I stopped upgrading firmware fairly late in the game but still in time to avoid problems. My p4p is also solid and I haven't upgraded the firmware yet and probably won't. I turned off all the bells and whistles. I don't need that stuff. Just a solid bird with an awesome camera.

I actually just got rid of my Phantom 4 professional and my Mavic Pro. Going back to standard photography. The whole drone lifestyle is just too stressful. I started with the Phantom 1 in 2014 and it was a lot more fun back then.

Reactions: JetLife
P4P, all completely up to date, DJI Go 4 4.1.5 too and no problems at all.
Took it out tonight, had a great time, ran down a couple of batteries.
So far, I have purchased, updated everything, everytime it was requested. It all works, no real problems, only required me to recallibrate everything with the last DJi Go 4 update, that also updated the AC.
Maybe I am just lucky?

Well Guys. I have had enough grief with my phantom 4 pro. Sold it today so you all take care.
Fritz
Yip get a p3s for the closet,never know,planes still cool couple real old fellas fly local here and i could watch all day easy,best of luck,you be back one day :)

P4P, all completely up to date, DJI Go 4 4.1.5 too and no problems at all.
Took it out tonight, had a great time, ran down a couple of batteries.
So far, I have purchased, updated everything, everytime it was requested. It all works, no real problems, only required me to recallibrate everything with the last DJi Go 4 update, that also updated the AC.
Maybe I am just lucky?

May I ask which tablet or mobile phone you are paring with the RC?

iPads seem to work the most consistent because there is only one manufacturer, unlike Android. The DJI iOS team seems to have a better handle on producing reliable apps that just work, not to mention the iOS don't have to deal with multiple hardware vendors and CPU architectures. If you live in a warm area during summer you'll want at least an iPad Mini4 with A8 CPU, as the iPad Mini2 with A7 CPU will overheat in temps over 90F. The iPad Air 2 is my favorite with a larger screen and A8 CPU.

Samsung "Galaxy" Tab S3 9.7" Android 7, new one from Verizon, Cellular, GPS, Wifi.
Sorry for my mistake earlier on the model.

Last edited:
I started with P4's last year. Excellent birds! No troubles really at all. Then I jumped up to the P4 Pro last Nov. No way could I ever go back to a lesser quality image such as P3! My P4 Pro is flying awesome with new update. Horizon problem almost gone completely. Fixed a gimble twitch that was happening too. The NFZ crap has not affected me where I am at all. Thank God. That would really be a pisser! But if you don't have internet it's gonna be tough if your fairly new to drones. Youtube is a God send for these machines tbo.

Reactions: Sharpshooter7

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka