But does it work well with the P3S?

2016-02-10 08.05.55.jpg
2016-02-10 08.06.16.jpg
2016-02-10 08.06.31.jpg
2016-02-10 08.06.46.jpg
Here is what I found on Amazon will it work?
Amazon.com: Yosoo Classic Tablet Holder Mount For DJI Phantom Inspire 1 Vision For 7.9 Inch Tablet, ipad mini, mini2, mini3: Toys & Games

Tony, I tried that one. Much better than the stock Phantom 3 Standard mount. If you search Amazon you can find that for $11.99 with Prime shipping. What I didn't like, when you have the tablet mounted it ends up be very close to the controls and lays somewhat flat. I like the tablet tilted more towards me. This is what I purchased, DJI part # 45 Amazon.com: DJI Inspire 1 Part 45 iPad Mobile Device Holder: Computers & Accessories
DJI part # 38 is the same thing with the plastic bracket and usually cost less. I removed the bracket and used this so I didn't have to drill into the controller AF Phantom 3 standard Mobile Device Holder (support DJI-PH3-P38)
I attached some more pictures2016-02-10 08.05.55.jpg 2016-02-10 08.06.16.jpg 2016-02-10 08.06.31.jpg 2016-02-10 08.06.46.jpg

Last edited:
I just checked and my closest Best Buy won't have any until Friday.
I just placed my order and with their (free) expedited delivery they say I will get it to my home on Friday. Saves me a trip to the store. I already installed the Inspire 1 mount so I should be good to go by the weekend if the weather cooperates.

Bought the Insignia Flex Elite at Best Buy for $100 and it works awesome. Pretty good processor, 2GB Ram, GPS, and best of all has a really high resolution screen that allows you to take the SD card from the P3 and drop it in the tablet to play 2.7K video on the spot. Check your footage while you're standing there and re-shoot if you need to.

Reactions: Ron Arnson
yes I'm with tony want the arm and holder but where on amazon

Thanks everyone for all the help. I have a iPad Air. But it's 9.7 inches. Not sure it will work. If not. I guess I will get the iPad mini. Don't really want such a big tablet. But I wonder if I can get more distance based on the big wifi antenna inside the tablet as opposed to phone. Maybe my video will not fade. Just wondering.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

But I wonder if I can get more distance based on the big wifi antenna inside the tablet as opposed to phone. Maybe my video will not fade. Just wondering.

The tablet connects to the remote control, not the drone. If the drone has a strong connection to the RC than the image quality will stay strong.

-"I may be tall but I want to feel even taller!"

Thanks everyone for all the help. I have a iPad Air. But it's 9.7 inches. Not sure it will work. If not. I guess I will get the iPad mini. Don't really want such a big tablet. But I wonder if I can get more distance based on the big wifi antenna inside the tablet as opposed to phone. Maybe my video will not fade. Just wondering.

THe DJI tablet mount that I have on my Standard (OEM for the Phantom 3 Adv/Pro and Inspire) only extends to 6 1/2 inches. If your tablet is wider than that it will not fit. I'm not sure of the other mounts people are posting here.

they have mounts in stock now

I am almost certain that the square jellyfish tablet holder comes in different sizes.

I thought the DJI Inspire Holder goes just barely wide enough to hold an iPad Air 2? Also, there are lots of mount extenders out there for the DJI mount that let it hold larger tabs as well, in that same $10-$15 price range.

I see the parts but how does the mount and tablet holder connect?

-"I may be tall but I want to feel even taller!"
The tablet holder is meant for a tripod so it has the threads on the bottom. The mount should have an extra screw that will fit through the hole in the square part of it.

Edit - added photo for your viewing pleasure.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1455148859.175992.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl