Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Broken part from ESC board

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by Shaiful Rizhuan, Jun 7, 2016.

1. Shaiful Rizhuan

I accidentally damaged a tiny part from the ESC in my attempt to disassemble the body shell. The cable and connector is still okay but the base on the ESC was disconnected and broken. Is this something that I can fix myself?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

#1 Shaiful Rizhuan, Jun 7, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2016
  2. msinger

Approved Vendor

Someone might be able to weigh in with some advice if you post an actual photo of the damage.

3. Shaiful Rizhuan

The one that I put in red circle. It was broken and disconnected from board.

4. msinger

Approved Vendor

Right. But, I'm suggesting you post actual photos showing the damage in detail to allow someone who is knowledgeable in electronics to give you advice specific to your unique case.

5. RémyHeli

msinger is right, to see exact dammage we need close picture, like this example;
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

6. ack

ack

You can ´t fix it by yourself, but you can ask someone with the good smd soldering skills and the right equipment.

7. Ted4797

I would find someone good at soldering. If u have never done it u could make a mess

#7 Ted4797, Jun 7, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2016
  8. Shaiful Rizhuan

Updated the original post. Second picture shown the ESC board without the tiny part I mentioned before. The pins connected to board were broken

9. Multicoptertec

Looks like you pulled the SMT connector off the main board, leaving the pins still soldered in place. That white plastic tab on the mating connector you have in hand is a hinge that when pinched, allows easy disconnect. So, now you need a new connector for the main board installed, or a new main board.

10. Shaiful Rizhuan

Yes, I noticed that. The hinge can be connect/disconnect from connector. But it had broken and left the pins on main board. Some of the pins were missing from the board. I wish this is something that can be repaired and no need to replace the whole board.

11. With The Birds

Its hard to see from your picture with certainty however it seems the pins are intact. Somehow you managed to reef the connector clean off, must have taken considerable force.

There is a very good chance this can be repaired. As a diy proposition you could solder pigtail leads to the pins and attach a new connector to those.

12. RémyHeli

New connector is highly recommended for being on the safe side. There is an adapter to consider, and to show soldering skills ;

But ideally all pins left on the DJI board should be removed and new connector installed. Beware not free of risk.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

#12 RémyHeli, Jun 9, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2016
  13. Shaiful Rizhuan

Thinking of it too. But I don't even know what's the name of that part to start searching.

14. hunch

where are you located? i've done quite few of these.

15. Shaiful Rizhuan

I'm in Malaysia. Any tips?

16. hunch

good hot thin soldering iron and steady hand. if you were in US i would have send it over and i could re-install it.

17. With The Birds

Find someone in Malaysia with Hunch's skills and investment in equipment and pay them. The more you try to fix it the more it will cost when you inevitably take it to someone for assistance. You may actually do enough damage that it isn't worth fixing.

18. Ted4797

get on a plane and fly to America. St Paul is nice this time of year. Have a nice visit with Hunch while he makes the repair. Then u could get some great videos of the country. Drive around the different states and when u get to Florida stop in. I'll take u to Disney where they won't let u fly.

hunch likes this.
  19. hunch

LOVE IT!! :D

20. hunch

i'll send you a replacement board for $275 shipped to Malaysia. then you can re-solder the motors and LED boards, plug it in and keep on flying