Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Broken Antenna??

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by oo7tk, Jul 14, 2015.

1. oo7tk

So I got my first P3P off my local DJI dealer here in Ireland and the compass was magnetised so had to sent it back, a month later I get sent a brand new unit with a broken antenna?? So that 2 brand new u its I have gotten with problems.. No hopefully the antenna is ok but still I'm not to happy having to glue it back together...

Anyone else have this problem and what did you do?? I'm thinking just a spot of silicone where it's snapped off to try stock it back... N I have to say even the other antenna does not feel too sturdy...
    ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1436873136.353125.jpg ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1436873152.587935.jpg

2. RoyVa

To much money involved. Have your dealer swap it out. Of course they will probably say you broke it. Give it a try anyhow

3. Kenfl

Sorry to hear about your broken antenna. Are you saying the unit came broken out of the box? If so I agree you should take it back and exchange it. I would recommend unboxing it at the store and verifying that the entire P3 & controller are perfect.

4. BenDronePilot

That's all kinds of wrong. BUT.. there's a silver lining.. use it as an excuse to mod the controller to use any RP-SMA compatible screw on antenna. You'll get better range and more options.

5. oo7tk

No was a brand new unit that I was sent out from my local dealer... I got my P3P and end of May and only got he new unit back yesterday and still have not had one flight between the 2 units .

Going to take it out later just to see if the antenna is working ok...

6. Morphious

7. oo7tk

Wow that does look interesting alright, anyone ever used them???

8. Morphious

Best you can buy, I use on my P2V3 and have ordered one for my P3P..
    Best you can buy, I use on my P2V3 and have ordered one for my P3P..