Broke the 1 mile barrier tonight.

I know, not record breaking or anything. But I'm happy! Next goal 10,000 ft.

View attachment 75522
You pilots are creating a nightmare for us all by flying beyond FAA regulations! There are coalitions and FAA Task Force committees trying to get laws relaxed, and it is flying like this that will cause more regulations and restrictions. Not to mention violation of Air Space Regulations and cities imposing unbearable restrictions. Lets keep it safe: 400 Ft, and Line of site (unless you have a waiver).

Looks to me like he kept it below 400 ft and flew over the water about a mile. Maintaining VLOS at a mile is certainly at the limits of human capability, though some claim they can do it. If he was not flying within Class B airspace, or five miles of an airport, I don't see any FAA regulations that were violated here. As an FAA licensed pilot, and also a drone pilot, I'm definitely interested in protecting the interests of both. But I don't see a problem at all in this particular flight.

Reactions: stones
Tested my Dbs antenna today and turned drone around at 6800' still had full bars for control down to 3 bars for video. That's twice as far as windsurfer and three times the max distance stock in same location.

Sent from my SM-G935V using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:
You do the compass ever time? I now have 446 flights and I have a place in Ca. and Az. USA about 400 plus miles apart.
I can't remember the last time I did the compass. When I start the Go App I get a verbal saying that my home point has been updated. When I in large the map that is in the lower right to full screen it shows me the street that I am on and the adjacent streets.It seems to keep track when I move to both locations. I am flying GPS.
Others that read this do you need to up date yours ever time?

You pilots are creating a nightmare for us all by flying beyond FAA regulations! There are coalitions and FAA Task Force committees trying to get laws relaxed, and it is flying like this that will cause more regulations and restrictions. Not to mention violation of Air Space Regulations and cities imposing unbearable restrictions. Lets keep it safe: 400 Ft, and Line of site (unless you have a waiver).

So, you were there with me? I had line of sight. The entire time. You don't think I could see 24 super bright LEDS out over a pitch black lake at a mile distance? And I was under 400 feet.

Forums cops. :rolleyes:

EDIT: So if YOU follow all of the rules and always fly line of sight. Why have you had to use "find my drone" twice as you say. If you were watching it, you should have known exacatly where it was. This IS you, right?

I've flown Litchi on > 100 missions. The App works well. Like already mentioned. Did you have it set to RTH if it lost the signal? Also I've used the Litchi App Find my Drone feature twice when I had to land it. That works really well. You can go towards it and the screen will show your progress in finding it. The only down side I have had so far is it needs more work on the tracking mode, but it s great APP.

Last edited:
Reactions: SkyHog
I've owned my P3A for eight months. Many flights from different parts of my state. One calibration before my first flight. That's it. I don't want to risk a bad calibration.

I got mine out past a mile today for the first time with stock setup. Don't mind the ***** shape, it wasn't on purpose... :)
Capture.PNG

got my matts175 antenna mod today and installed it, can't wait til tomorrow to test it.

my max distance in my neighborhood is only 2082 ft, i got it to 3850 over by the river.

dipole antenna.jpg

got my matts175 antenna mod today and installed it, can't wait til tomorrow to test it.

my max distance in my neighborhood is only 2082 ft, i got it to 3850 over by the river.

Not sure if you realised that you have your FAA number in this photo. Just an FYI

Why does it matter if he has his FAA number in a photo??

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

It might not to him but I know some has posted that they recommend to not post for privacy issues. Just giving him a heads up in case he didn't realise it.

Reactions: Rosey
It might not to him but I know some has posted that they recommend to not post for privacy issues. Just giving him a heads up in case he didn't realise it.
I suppose...But what's the worst thing that happens with an FAA number? Someone manages to find your real name out??

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

It takes' a few auto RTH and having your bird come back home to develop confidence in your craft, those are real pucker factor flights. I remember my first out over the ocean flights and not going out too far, one day my wife said "what's the difference in dropping in the ocean a couple of hundred yards out or a couple of miles, it's a gonner either way" Then what really made me braver is when she said " well if you lose it we will just get another one" gotta love that woman!:D

Sounds like a smart women!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart