Broke the 1 mile barrier tonight.

Why are people getting so low of a range with extenders?!? My stock P3s goes 6000ft 100% stock before even the video feed gets bad!

Reactions: makokiller
My best at my house was yesterday, 2082 ft, video cut out and bird initiated return. Not sure if the high humidity (82%) or enormous wifi in the neighborhood has anything to do with it.

My all time best was still only 3800 ft in a wide open park next to the Niagara river.

Freezing rain right now, don't really want to test it in this weather.... hoping it stops raining today.

Why are people getting so low of a range with extenders?!? My stock P3s goes 6000ft 100% stock before even the video feed gets bad!

Atmosphere/Territory is everything when dealing with RFI. Everyone is flying in different areas which will have different opticals to deal with that may or may not cause performance degrade. I have learned to understand working in the cellular industry that even the antennas can come with different tolerances per part meaning not all of them perform the same as the next coming off the line. We know that many are flying further distances then what DJI has listed in the manual which tells me they tested and listed the average performance as a guide.

For your reading pleasure to get a better understanding of RFI: Electromagnetic interference - Wikipedia

My best at my house was yesterday, 2082 ft, video cut out and bird initiated return. Not sure if the high humidity (82%) or enormous wifi in the neighborhood has anything to do with it.

My all time best was still only 3800 ft in a wide open park next to the Niagara river.

Freezing rain right now, don't really want to test it in this weather.... hoping it stops raining today.
I also just purchased the antennas from Matts175. Cant wait to see your results. You must be in buffalo area? I purchased a used stock P3S in october and got 2.09 miles out over lake ontario straight out and straight back. I have since sold that one.

I also just purchased the antennas from Matts175. Cant wait to see your results. You must be in buffalo area? I purchased a used stock P3S in october and got 2.09 miles out over lake ontario straight out and straight back. I have since sold that one.
Which antenna are you referring to? Matts175??

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spaz_12