Broke the 1 mile barrier tonight.

Reaction score
I know, not record breaking or anything. But I'm happy! Next goal 10,000 ft.

Capture.PNG

It takes' a few auto RTH and having your bird come back home to develop confidence in your craft, those are real pucker factor flights. I remember my first out over the ocean flights and not going out too far, one day my wife said "what's the difference in dropping in the ocean a couple of hundred yards out or a couple of miles, it's a gonner either way" Then what really made me braver is when she said " well if you lose it we will just get another one" gotta love that woman!:D

So I have a question. I'm still kinda new with my phantom 3 and I am using litchi to fly but my question is, is it possible to do any distance like this straight up? Can you set maybe a waypoint at 5000 feet up?

I know, not record breaking or anything. But I'm happy! Next goal 10,000 ft.

View attachment 75522

Nice! I hit 7500 feet (1.4 miles) today. Did the magic mod along with the Alfa antennas on the Argtek. I think I could go further, but I live in the east bay area in N California...lost of hills and interference. I should head out to the beach and test there. Is that St. Claire lake near Chicago?

Reactions: Matts175
Nice! I hit 7500 feet (1.4 miles) today. Did the magic mod along with the Alfa antennas on the Argtek. I think I could go further, but I live in the east bay area in N California...lost of hills and interference. I should head out to the beach and test there. Is that St. Claire lake near Chicago?
I thought the magic mod was only for drones outside of the US, is that not true?

So I have a question. I'm still kinda new with my phantom 3 and I am using litchi to fly but my question is, is it possible to do any distance like this straight up? Can you set maybe a waypoint at 5000 feet up?
It can go basically as high as you want it to but anything over 400 feet is considered too high as far as I know

Operation at or below 400 Ft AGL (Above Ground level) is a requirement (waiver possible) for commercial flyers. It is interesting to me that this limit is a "Safety Guideline" for the "Fly for Fun" operator. Perhaps I will learn more about this tomorrow as I start the Emery-Riddle sUAS course.

Lake St. Clair is just north of Detroit. It's technically not a Great Lake, but it's pretty dang big.

I thought the magic mod was only for drones outside of the US, is that not true?

Operating in the US automatically sets the Tx power to 27, so it's not needed. You can, however still use Magicpower in the US if you wish to lock in a certain wifi channel or lowering your Tx power to 20 for amplifier use.

I'm surprised that people are not saying you have to have LOS. Good job. I've had mine out to 11,000' with just a $10 antenna booster.

I'm surprised that people are not saying you have to have LOS.

Actually, I could see it the entire time. It is pitch black out on that lake and I had my 24 LED headlamp on. I took a video of the run, but didn't post it because you can't see a thing on camera.

Reactions: Y2KGTA
I have a little over 6 hours flight time, 3 crashes, one serious. I get nervous every time I fly it. I don't know why but when I send her straight up in the air I get super nervous and a bit dizzy.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I have a little over 6 hours flight time, 3 crashes, one serious. I get nervous every time I fly it. I don't know why but when I send her straight up in the air I get super nervous and a bit dizzy.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I have flown 56 missions for a total of over 6 hours with my Phantom 4 with no crashes or issues. Knock on wood. On any given day when I fly my drone I always do a compass calibration. I use DJI Go and Litchi both.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub