BOYCOTT DJI!

So, you believe there are more Iris fans here? Only time will tell I guess :cool:

All I'm saying is that I see more bashin of DJI than of 3dr

With at quick view in different forums, you will see mostly see the same complainers, and not "errors" with the unit, - if you remind that DJI have sold > 3 mill. P2/P2V/P2v+ units, then its not a lot of "errors"

. Like every great company there are lemons
I can tell you I owned a double six figure sports car that was a lemon.. Made by the most prestigious car company.

This is one of the greatest forums out there .. Great interaction and always speaks the truth .

Having owned several cheapy knock-off trying to be something other than a DJI quadcopter, I can appreciate what DJI has accomplished.

You might want to buy another one..

ianwood said:
DKDarkness said:
Phantompilots is a fan club, not a place to find objective information on which to base a purchase.

That's cute. And wrong.

I agree with Ian, Phantom Pilots is not a fan club, many of us have addressed issues in the field that DJI has reacted to when addressed correctly. I have a small fleet of DJI equipment & DJI equipped UAVs. I've had good luck w/majority of DJI equipment and when an issue arose, they were always more than coordial to address it.I hear all the rants of no call backs or return emails, I can't say that's happened to me, I've always have gotten a reply in one fashion or another. I've gotten a phone call from Andy director of Sales (China) addressing a fly away.

My skeptisism w/DJI is their product releases, lack of field testing before release and the way they approach (or appear to approach) long term parts and service. This is the second year now that their big "holiday release" has gone awry. Not to mention the drop off of support and updates for Phantom 1s and updates to frames like F450 & F550 - what about those customers? That too is customer service and if they want my undivided attention & $$$ - support the products I've already own & odds are I'll buy their new gear. I had an order in on the Inspire but when release dates kept getting pushed back I asked for a refund and purchased instead an Align M690l. If Align puts this quality into a smaller "Phantom like platform", DJI is doomed.

+1
People will post a lot about problems, not so much about successful flights. Those who fly sporadically may never even look for a forum. This results in a high percentage of negative posts, though reality will not be that bad, you'd have to find DJI's percentage of returns/replacements.
Its pretty much the same with car forums. Every car looks like a bucket of trouble when you look in the Service/Help sections.

I, for one, have decided to wait for a better product since I can not continue to throw money into a hobby that has problems but blames the user. I wish we could go back to version 2.0 and have fast flying drones with mission planning and 20 minute flights.

I am not a hater, just a person that can't always be an early adopter.

i never had any problems with my p1-i love it.
that said,when dji went with proprietary equipment,well,that was it for me.i hate apple type products.

Bill_Burkert said:
I, for one, have decided to wait for a better product since I can not continue to throw money into a hobby that has problems but blames the user. I wish we could go back to version 2.0 and have fast flying drones with mission planning and 20 minute flights.

Meanwhile I am enjoying mine no end! If you are so much against DJI why are you still here? We all know they are not perfect neither is their products but they are very much flyable and compared to some other brands their technology is generally innovative and fairly good.

If these forums are anything to go by some have had warrenty repairs, including me and some have had warrenty replacements. You can't in all honestly tar all problems with same brush. If you keep waiting your missing out on those beautiful winter flying days (like today here in Ireland), and all the risks add the spice. Go on Bill, stick with it. I'm staying flying warts and all. DJI's warts are better than other manufacturers warts. Just my experience and philosophy. Have fun...oh and Happy Christmas everyone!

Bill_Burkert said:

I am also sure that many that have crashed because of their own mistakes want to fall under the veil of the FLY AWAY and blame DJI. That's how a lot of people are. I want something for nothing even if it's my fault and I will lie to get it.

Bill, when you say can't always be an early adopter do you mean the Inspire 1? I agree with you if that's what you mean.

The delays are dissapointing but I would rather they delay than bring a wonky model to market. However these days all products are to a certain extent beta tested by early adopters, that's just the way manufacturing goes these days. At some point the decision to launch is taken, meanwhile the development continues. Not the way we all want it, but hey, that's the way it goes.

nwillitts said:
i hate apple type products.

Apple is very open to developers making compatible hardware and software, as long as they follow guidelines, which ensures perfect function.
Working with things like the GoPro app is just so easy and functional.
If you mean the lightning connector, well, its probably the best power/data connector I've ever seen. Same goes for the Magsafe power connector.

Bill_Burkert said:

:roll:
This makes no sense.
DJI Phantoms have been available since 2007. The company continues to innovate.
I've built kits that have been as expensive as a Phantom and not boo hoo'd when I crashed them. Sorry, if you can't deal with the loss, find another hobby!
As for your "performance" issue, I run version 1.08 and have never had 20 minutes on one battery. I usually need to take a break, let the heart rate return to normal. I must have read the manual or just been lucky?
GS is not my idea of fun. I want to be in contact and control at all times.
So you want speedy automatic flight? Bullet proof and indestructible? Fool proof, water proof, zombie proof?
Dream on.

Interesting discussion. I have to say I agree with the posters who have been saying that this is more of a cutting edge part of the RC market and that we kind of buy into the warts of new technology. That said... The only problems I have had have been generally caused by me. The only exception to this was the funky altitude readings the ground station provides.

In the end... They are pushing the envelop and creating a pretty cool consumer market quad that has opened up the hobby (for good AND bad) to hobbyists who are new to aerial RC products and photography. I think we should be continuing to provide them feedback, but boycotting them will only hurt innovation.

This is an expensive hobby. My first crash of my TREX 600 flybarless cost me $250.00 from a stupid blade strike on the ground! My first couple of mistakes with the Phantom cost me $20.00 total.

I get it if you're one of the people with a lemon that you're disappointed. But I'd be willing to bet far more people have had positive experiences than negative ones with this product. If you want tried and true technology... Stick with RC heli's for another year or two :)

Ps... You're complaining because you're getting less than 20 min flight times? lol try 5-7 minute flight times of a 450-600 heli. Anything over 10 mins on a battery powered flying RC is pretty amazing.

So basically what I'm getting from your complaint is, your not getting what you want, how you want it, when you want it, for the price you want it? Cause you bought something.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl