Binding button on sonar not responding.

Reaction score
I have just replaced the bottom shell on my 3 pro because of hairline cracks around a motor base.

Never been crashed or damaged in any way other than the hairline cracks from motor torque.

firmware was up to date at the time of replacement shell.

when I turn it on it won’t connect to the tx and if I set the tx to bind mode with the flashing blue light and press the bind button on the P3 sonar nothing happens. I have a flashing red and green coming from the sonar and a flashing red from the gimbal.

It won’t allow an update as it has the current firmware already.

Also when I power it down it takes about 15seconds to shut down.

Where to go now?

Sonar ?

Nigel

Sonar is a part of VPS module.

I have just replaced the bottom shell on my 3 pro [...] when I turn it on it won’t connect to the tx

Replacing a shell should never have caused the tx to unbind.

if I set the tx to bind mode with the flashing blue light and press the bind button on the P3 sonar nothing happens. I have a flashing red and green coming from the sonar and a flashing red from the gimbal.

Actually, the light is on OFDM board, not on the sonar (VPS) board.

It won’t allow an update as it has the current firmware already.

Good. If it succeeded, you would likely damage the camera irreversibly. Messing with software is the worst way to fix hardware issue.

Also when I power it down it takes about 15seconds to shut down.

This is normal when Flight Controller cannot communicate to camera. FC connects to camera through OFDM board.

Where to go now?

Your OFDM board isn't working correctly:
- Try loosen its screws. If screws on VPS are over-tightened, this may cause VPS and OFDM modules to touch.
- Try removing the sonar board (but leaving OFDM board installed)
- Try re-connecting cables between OFDM board and the ESC Center board
- Try disconnecting the camera completely

The drone should work as usual without the camera and VPS (except, obviously, functionalities for these devices).

Quaddamage .... my Sonar ? was based on his misunderstanding of the Bind Light on the board. I am aware of the VPS system.

Nigel

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robvalduga