Beware your P4P 2.0 could be a dangerous good

To be fair, you really need to throw Australian customs in to your “list of stuff to complain about today” as well. It was in their hands for a good part of that, I think you ought to sue them. Let us know how it goes.

Meta4 "According to my calendar it didn't sit around at Sydney airport for 8 days at all."

Left China via HongKong on 14th May
Arrived at Sydney on 15th May "Customs Status Updated 18.07"

left Sydney on 23rd May
So full days 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, to me that looks like 8 and yes it included a weekend.
If 8 days is "normal" then ok.

Arrived in Perth 25th May
I have never had an order that took 11 days. Usually about 3 or 4. I once had one that took 5 days a while ago now.
But if 11days is average for other places ok.
I have just never experienced it. This included Lipo batteries from China to my door or post office, 3 or 4 days.

Meta4 "According to my calendar it didn't sit around at Sydney airport for 8 days at all."

Left China via HongKong on 14th May
Arrived at Sydney on 15th May "Customs Status Updated 18.07"

left Sydney on 23rd May
So full days 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, to me that looks like 8 and yes it included a weekend.
If 8 days is "normal" then ok.

Arrived in Perth 25th May
I have never had an order that took 11 days. Usually about 3 or 4. I once had one that took 5 days a while ago now.
But if 11days is average for other places ok.

I'm sorry ... read it wrong
But it doesn't make much difference.
If customs don't release the goods, there's not much DJI can do about it.
As for expecting compensation .........
Talk to customs about it.
Shipping from overseas is a lucky dip.
Sometimes things come in fast, sometimes not.

I have moved on With The Birds. I love the bird, I was able to fly it for an hours window in a short gap that occurred in a storm here.
A battery would have been nice from DJI. I hope someone somewhere is a little more aware and carful and do more to move these things along and not sit on them for days on end. It would have been simple to do something on the first day rather than a week later and my emails, messages and phone calls.
How would you feel knowing it is sitting at an airport because someone or some people did not say "..lets get this package to the customer ASAP."
If I mess up at work I am held accountable for that and that is how it should be.

BTW both DHL and DJI have acknowledged that it should have arrived earlier and both have apologised.

I flew the p4p v2 indoors last night and played with the P, S and A toggle. I had left it on A and when I flew it over a lake it seemed to fly very different to the MA and MP. In a better way I mean, I cant describe it.
Anyway I will fly when the weather is better and compare the P and A modes. I have read about the different modes and I think I understand, but not totally sure.

Unless you purchased some sort of expedited guaranteed shipping, especially on international, why would they compensate you for something that was likely held by your customs department? That is why I only purchase this stocked domestically here in the USA. I understand impatience fully and can relate to that anticipation but expecting someone owes you something is bit of a reach.

Reactions: Dwilliams35
DJI guarantee within 15 days. I am sure somewhere DHL specify some time limit. But that is not the point. The point is it sat in and airport for 8 days!
Of course it was because of the Lipo. But so what? Millions are transported every day or even hour and on time.
Don't give these scoundrels excuses for poor service.
My drone is has been at the post office since Thursday and won't deliver until Monday.

Stay calm and watch youtube videos. ;)

8 days, months both are rubbish service. I have never had to wait that long for a product before. And yes Lipo batteries included, many times.
Hey it wasn't you FL_Mike that sat on my bird for 8 days was it? I bet it was you and now you are trying to cover your tracks. You rascal you.
Enough, you think its ok I don't.

Bullchips...You are old enough to remember before all this 'delivery in 2 days' crap came to be. They haven't been doing it that incredibly long and you look older so me thinks you just like to vent with some exaggerating. Glad you got your bird though.

Guess things are different in the US. When a company says a product will be delivered within 15 days, I celebrate anything shorter than 13 or 14 days. Regardless of any other info I receive along the way. The only date they are obligated to meet is the 15 days. Sure at some point it might say its 3 days out, but just as easily since it has 15 someone might set it aside to make room for a package that has to be delivered the next day. Why it stops, not an issue. You got it sooner than it was originally promised Up her thats a BIG WIN.

And I really don't get wanting compensation for getting a package early. We usually want it when something is late. Guess just another thing that makes our countries different.

I send DJI drones and extra stuff for the drone to my brother who lives in Japan. I shipped with DHL for a while and had nothing but trouble with them. They blamed customs issue. Last time I used DHL they kept asking for the correct content description over and over so after a month I told them to ship the dame package back and two days later it showed up at my brothers house. after that I only ship FEDEX and so far have not had any issue.

Just another liberal cry baby note how he gave 5% of his salary for years so because of that DJI, Customs, and the rest of the world owes him. Fly you bird and stop whining.

I had DHL do the same thing on bottle of cologne I bought in Kuwait. It sat in customs in Germany over a week before it was shipped to me in the USA. I asked why and was told by the seller that it was the alcohol content. Go figure.....

DJI stamped my order for my P4P 2.0 as a dangerous good. So it sat in an airport in Sydney for 8 days! Yes fpr 8 days.
DJI said I would have it in 3 days, well it took 11 days.
DLH blamed DJI and DJI blamed DHL. Then DJI said well we did say it could be up to 15 days.

I said I did not want an apology or explanation from either of them but some sort of compensation. Guess what I got from both for this pathetic service by both of them?
An apology.
So be warned if you are going to order your P4P 2.0, once they have your money they do not care a dam.
View attachment 99310
What sort of compensation did you think you were entitled too? Did you lose money while you were waiting?

I've had numerous disappointments with DHL, cringe every time someone uses them as a shipper to me.
I don't think it was because they marked the package as 'dangerous', just the shippers ineptitude.

The P4P took one day from China via Hong Kong to Sydney. It sat in Sydney for 8 days. Then it was transported via road, 2 days
Asia 1 Australia 10.
If that is not frustrating I don't know what is. Anyway its over.
I almost never get frustrated, just wanted my new toy to do this.

Silver Lake P4P v2.0 and BT 300
If it took Asia 1 why not 1 day for Australia?
You can bet that if you paid a company after it was delivered within a day of what was possible. Like in this case 3 days, it would happen in 3 days.

I am not a liberal cry baby. Not even a Liberal.

Yours
Crybaby

Sorry to hear about this. DJI is typically very reliable and I would say this is 100% attributable to customs. The lithium batteries are under 100WH, are installed in the equipment for shipment (which falls under a much much easier overseas classification), and the necessary battery warning and classification labels are all over the outside of the box. Someone in customs must have felt power hungry or maybe a bit eager to try and catch something without carefully observing that DJI very clearly meets shipping regulations on lithium batteries. Credit to DJI, they are one of our best vendors in terms of lithium battery shipping. They're not easy to ship overseas and when shipping in bulk it becomes a whole different situation.

Safe flying! :cool:

DHL is the absolute worst.

I can order two things the same day - something that is 200 miles from my house and shipped by DHL, and something I bought on ebay from a seller in China.

Half the time the product from China shows up first.

Sometimes, you just have to roll with the punches. Shipping is normally very reliable and quick. But ... it is never something that you can totally depend on. Maybe you need to reset expectations and relax. Life is good!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart