BetterView roof inspections

I feel like an idiot falling for their marketing. I happen to live next to a small town - less than 5,000 - which they claimed needed lots of drone pilots as shown on the webpage. I got excited about having lots of flying jobs next to me. Then I read in this thread that picking up your IP address and nearest town is just something they programmed into the webpage.

I feel like an idiot falling for their marketing. I happen to live next to a small town - less than 5,000 - which they claimed needed lots of drone pilots as shown on the webpage. I got excited about having lots of flying jobs next to me. Then I read in this thread that picking up your IP address and nearest town is just something they programmed into the webpage.

I honestly don't even care about the misleading website. IP tracing for targeted marketing is nothing new. If there's no current demand in my area, I'd be happy to be on an availability list for future demand. The real issue with Better View is their totally absent communication. They do not respond to emails, at all. They do not follow up on the test shoots, at all. At least other questionably run sites like Dronebase redeem themselves with excellent communication and a real point of contact. Better View, like so many drone services clearing houses, takes your information and disappears.

finally heard back from them a month after i uploaded my pics. they said i passed.
Said i needed to work on my lawn mower pattern.
will see if anything comes of it. not holding my breath.

I was in that pattern also. I got a call after I test flights again and sent in certificates and the such.
Got a job that was a sincere test of my flight skills but payment was quick and instructions clear and concise.
They called again for another job that is holding for weather. Give them another shot.

I was in that pattern also. I got a call after I test flights again and sent in certificates and the such.
Got a job that was a sincere test of my flight skills but payment was quick and instructions clear and concise.
They called again for another job that is holding for weather. Give them another shot.
Nice to hear. What state are you in?

I just got a call from them after signing up back in Jan or Feb. They had me fill out a background check form and send in a headshot for a badge. They claimed it took so long to get back to me because of some kind of problem with their communication system. They also said that they have lowered their pricing and simplified the inspections to just a few shots (about 5 min of flying). They told me that there are 300 jobs in my area coming up in the next couple weeks. I told them I'd give it a shot.

Aerial, which state?
Less shots would be a plus.
My last assignment had stress levels really high. Flying blind over 75 yards of roof.
2.5 hrs over 200 shots

Aerial, which state?
My last assignment had stress levels really high. Flying blind over 75 yards of roof.
2.5 hrs over 200 shots

I'm in Chicago, IL. Wow, 75 yards of roof. It would be easier to be standing on the roof while flying in a case like that. What's the payout on a assignment like that if you don't mind me asking?

Aerial, which state?
2.5 hrs over 200 shots

Same here, but not the same time. Took about an hour. Way too many shots. Way too risky flying on top of a ten story building basically blind (not to mention breaking VLOS rule or using a VO to run circles around the building try to keep the drone in sight). Will give a couple more a try, but my first impression is these are absolutely not worth the risk or time for what they pay.

They pay $65/hour.

o boy that a live question, played out a lot here ,
but yes the OPERATOR of the aircraft needs the Priv Licence
According to Part 107, the operator does NOT need to be licensed, the FAA's term is 'person manipulating the controls'. However, a licensed pilot has to be there in person overseeing the flight and has ultimate authority/responsibility over everyone on his/her crew.

Here's an update to my last post. So I got a call from BV letting me know they had 10 assignments in my area. I told them I was interested and to send me details. A week later I got text messages with 13 assignments. I went online to accept or reject them. They don't tell you what the assignment is or the pay until you accept. All they give you is the addresses (all of which were a bit of a drive for me and in bad areas). I decided to accept one to see how many pics and what the compensation was. They wanted a gods eye and lawnmower pattern (about 30-35 pics) of a fairly large residential building for $25. NOT WORTH IT! After factoring drive time, insurance, my time on site and the risk of flying my drone in neighborhoods I otherwise wouldn't even walk through, I end up losing money. I didn't sign the contract for the job I accepted and didn't fly it. I don't think anyone would do these missions and they really need to step up their game if they expect to stay in business.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing