BetterView roof inspections

Interesting... Do they have a 333 exemption?

Fascinating business model - getting someone else to put their $1K-$3K drone at risk for $65/hour, while you accept essentially zero risk and (presumably) charge 2x-3x what you're paying the pilot/owner.

Interestingly, this might be an application for which the P4 is a much better aircraft - the collision-avoidance capability seems likely to be very helpful in a busy environment like rooftops.

Reactions: Jerprin
Got a Pilot's License?

Otherwise forget it (for now).

I'm actually not sure that's true - the 333 holder needs to be a pilot, but I'm unclear about their employees doing the flying. Does anyone know the answer to this for sure?

I'm actually not sure that's true - the 333 holder needs to be a pilot, but I'm unclear about their employees doing the flying. Does anyone know the answer to this for sure?
From what I understand the person doing the actual flying must be licensed. The 333 holder doesn't need a license.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

o boy that a live question, played out a lot here ,
but yes the OPERATOR of the aircraft needs the Priv Licence

Interesting... Do they have a 333 exemption?

Fascinating business model - getting someone else to put their $1K-$3K drone at risk for $65/hour, while you accept essentially zero risk and (presumably) charge 2x-3x what you're paying the pilot/owner.

Interestingly, this might be an application for which the P4 is a much better aircraft - the collision-avoidance capability seems likely to be very helpful in a busy environment like rooftops.

Im pretty sure P3s can do the job just as good.

Reactions: Apilot101
This has already been posted by them in the classified forum. I'm unclear why it needs to be posted again.

Guessing the poster didn't see it in the classifieds section. Not everyone knows every thread in existence on these forums [emoji6]

On topic, when anyone else views the link, does it say they are looking for business in their home town? Like it's picking up your location and saying business is needed there...

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Guessing the poster didn't see it in the classifieds section. Not everyone knows every thread in existence on these forums [emoji6]

On topic, when anyone else views the link, does it say they are looking for business in their home town? Like it's picking up your location and saying business is needed there...

Looks that way to me, because they got within 50 miles. Likely got the nearest big city IP for the viewer's area.

When I visit it the list across the bottom has a town "sort of" close to me but nothing immediately close. If that helps any.

I filled out the initial form and here's the email I received... I didn't click on the links, seems suspicious:

"Prasannakumar Ghadage [email protected] via playbookhr.com
10:06 AM (0 minutes ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

to me
cleardot.gif

Hi Greg,
Thank you for your interest in flying for BetterView. If you have a DJI Phantom 3 or equivalent drone and want an easy way to make great money flying it, you could be a perfect fit on our team of 400+ operators across the country.

We just have a few follow-up questions about your equipment and availability (it only takes a minute).
Please fill out this form:Fly For Us – Secondary Info : BetterView

The next step in our on-boarding process will be to complete a test flight. You can pick any building that is convenient to fly, like your home. We will send you instructions on how to fly a BetterView roof inspection, you go out and fly it, and then we analyze the photos you took.This simulation will ensure that you are successful on your first job and that all of your questions get answered.

Once you fill out the form, we will send you the flight instructions, example photosets, and a link for uploading the photos. We look forward to building a great partnership in this exciting new domain.

Thank you,
Prasannakumar Ghadage
mn61NtAcurAenqBcWTrlKRp7toHsrfE1Ccl77rZQ8pYIl4-4gxX2zfHTV6wVbYsTpvg4GKHc6I--Fm5qQoVhr-dcUZnLDqkrXpGZ6pTZwvTLZxapGoRslenNc-AwdkT1ylMaT2-oFr6sn-VoE6upOw=s0-d-e1-ft

Last edited:
When I visit it the list across the bottom has a town "sort of" close to me but nothing immediately close. If that helps any.

yeah, it's the same here, not my exact town, but my guess is the page is scripted to pull your location and try to sell you info on business garbage. it does seem more like a scam. I'd bet you have to give them money to be "certified" through them to do business lol

who's gonna try it

Last edited:
Reactions: technics1200mk
I'll give it a whirl. Looks like a fairly straight forward "Test Flight" and evaluation.

From what I understand the person doing the actual flying must be licensed. The 333 holder doesn't need a license.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Correct. The Pilot in Command must have a pilot's license.

Where do you think he got that link ;)
I'd bet there :)
Also Google the OP'S name from classifieds on this and you will see him .

:D you got me, you win. now maybe you can add something useful to this topic and quit pointing out my flaws in life...
Wasn't trying to win o_O
;)

Reactions: lookin4pain

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31