BetterView roof inspections

I passed the flight test months ago and never heard a word from them. I emailed them and 2 weeks later they email me and tell me they have been calling me for jobs and they can't get a hold of me. I'm not wasting my time with this BS. Never got a call from them.

Reactions: AyeYo
I originally submitted my test photos in October. I did not hear any feedback from them. I received some emails from them as a part of a group about filing for waivers, if necessary, and on using the new DJI Ground Station Pro app. Then, I receive a phone call from them the week of Feb 13 for a flight about an hour away from me. I live in the Kansas City area. I took the job, flew it, submitted the photos the next day and was paid the day after that. I immediately was offered another job an hour away in the other direction but it was cancelled by the client before it was completed. They haven't responded to me unless I'm involved in a job so far. But, the one job was clear instructions, easy to submit the photos and paid very quickly. Some photos were done manually and the orthomosiac was done with Ground Station Pro. I'm checking out Dronebase now.

Yes. Depending on the number of buildings in the job and the square footage. The best job was a group of new apartments in Arkansas which was an hour and twenty minutes away. I did 16 buildings in about 3 hours and made $700. Smaller jobs such as a Church for $150. The best paying jobs seem to be apartment clusters where you can do groups of buildings all in one trip.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using PhantomPilots mobile app

There was a job that BetterView declined on because it was too aggressive to do in the time frame the client wanted it. 100 roofs which was set to pay about $3000. Not enough battery and the timeframe was too narrow to get it done. It was an apartment complex.

How long is typically taking people to get a meaningful response after submitting the test photos? I submitted them a week ago and just keep getting emails about the need to submit them... and of course they don't actually respond to my emails to them.

I submitted my test last Thursday and finally received word yesterday that it was approved. The email said I will receive word as soon as orders open up in my area. There is still a "demand" in my area listed on their website.

They use IP locator to basically put your location in the list of "immediate demand" areas automatically. I inspected the source on their website because I was bit skeptical.

<ul class="list-with-icons"><li>[geoip_detect2 property="city"], [geoip_detect2 property="mostSpecificSubdivision.isoCode"]</li><li>Colorado Springs, CO</li><li>San Antonio, TX</li><li>Des Moines, IA<li>Springfield, MA</li></ul>

I notice the first place on their list for work is Washington, DC... good luck with thst
So you live in or around DC? All the website did is read your IP, and then put that in the first place as 'demand'.

With my VPN connected to new Zealand, the first place on the list is aukland.

How long is typically taking people to get a meaningful response after submitting the test photos? I submitted them a week ago and just keep getting emails about the need to submit them... and of course they don't actually respond to my emails to them.
Did you ever hear anything from them? I submitted my pictures on the 12th and have not received any update.

I emailed them because I never heard anything from them and I got a email back a week later and they said they have been trying to get a hold of me which is not true. I live in Michigan and they said they had a bunch of jobs they wanted me to do in Detroit which is 50 miles from me. I told them first you never called me or emailed me and second you couldn't pay me enough to work in that Ghetto. Risk my life for peanuts lol. Good luck with finding someone for that job. That city is too dangerous .

Did you ever hear anything from them? I submitted my pictures on the 12th and have not received any update.

Not a word. After submitting the pictures I received no less than FOUR emails in the following four days asking me to submit the pictures. I responded to every email saying I had already submitted them. I haven't heard a word since. Actually just emailed them yesterday for an update. I don't expect to hear anything back.

Last edited:
I"m also wondering if Better View is some sort of scam - to collect drone pilot information for marketing or some other reason. After submitting the pics and my info - I get random batches of emails about either submitting pics or using the DJI ground station.

I"m also wondering if Better View is some sort of scam - to collect drone pilot information for marketing or some other reason. After submitting the pics and my info - I get random batches of emails about either submitting pics or using the DJI ground station.

I've often wonder this too. Not about BV, but other companies doing the same.

There is a person on here who has shot several properties for them for good money. Then they turned around and gave them a bunch more....

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl