Beta Testers requested to fix Compass Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
robby666111 said:
cougar said:
We will release the new firmware next week. Maybe Friday.
DJI Tech-support
This is a bit slack imho. It is really dragging on isn't it. There should be more urgency from DJI on this.

Considering it's been months, getting word the actual FW release may be just 1+ week away I think is good news.

damoncooper said:
robby666111 said:
cougar said:
DJI Tech-support
This is a bit slack imho. It is really dragging on isn't it. There should be more urgency from DJI on this.

Considering it's been months, getting word the actual FW release may be just 1+ week away I think is good news.

It's definitely good news but for some of us the DJI's reputation is tainted.

cougar said:
Thank you Xrover.

Have been in contact with DJI about this and just received the following email:

Thanks for the details, seems all work well.

Thanks&Best regards,

DJI Tech-support

So still have hope. :D
Thanks for contacting them. That's what brings this issue up in their pile of issues. If there is no noise they assume all is well.

Hello people,
may be that this behavior is due to the magnetic declination?
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-kQ4Bolk5E[/youtube]
I was trying to simply go STRAIGHT parallel to the road (which is straight for 2km) but despite repeated corrections the drone was always shifting to right.

DJI emailed me yesterday and asked if I would be available to test the "2nd firmware" at the end of this week. I don't know if that is another beta as originally planned or a release candidate. Cougar's post might suggest it is a release candidate. But DJI's left hand often doesn't know what the right one is doing so it may mean nothing.

ianwood said:
DJI emailed me yesterday and asked if I would be available to test the "2nd firmware" at the end of this week. I don't know if that is another beta as originally planned or a release candidate. Cougar's post might suggest it is a release candidate. But DJI's left hand often doesn't know what the right one is doing so it may mean nothing.

great...

Well if they as you to test something this week.. That makes more sense. I remember you asking for the 2nd beta.

Smb said:
Hello people,
may be that this behavior is due to the magnetic declination?
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-kQ4Bolk5E[/youtube]
I was trying to simply go STRAIGHT parallel to the road (which is straight for 2km) but despite repeated corrections the drone was always shifting to right.

It looks to me like it could be but we would need more info....
What mode were you in GPS or ATTI ?
IOC on or off ?
was there a crosswind ?
What is your declination ?
etc

No general release is coming. It's only going to be another beta. Don't expect a fix for another few months as it has been 4 months so far and no fix. The beta testers got their phantoms fixed with the 3.05 beta firmware they got. DJI can make a general release of the current 3.05 firmware they gave to the beta testers so we all can fly safely and without the J hooking and TBE. DJI can release the firmware and release updates to it as needed.

Lenny7118 said:
No general release is coming. It's only going to be another beta. Don't expect a fix for another few months as it has been 4 months so far and no fix. The beta testers got their phantoms fixed with the 3.05 beta firmware they got. DJI can make a general release of the current 3.05 firmware they gave to the beta testers so we all can fly safely and without the J hooking and TBE. DJI can release the firmware and release updates to it as needed.

One thing that I do know, is that I don't know when DJI does anything, they are very hard to predict. I do look forward to the general release, there will be many happy people!

John Shaw said:
It looks to me like it could be but we would need more info....
What mode were you in GPS or ATTI ?
IOC on or off ?
was there a crosswind ?
What is your declination ?
etc

Phantom mode.
Light wind.
According to http://magnetic-declination.com/ my declination is only 2°46'

Lenny7118 said:

This is really unacceptable. I understand that I'm late to this game (just got Phantom 2 in early May) and that others have been waiting much longer, but in my particular case I cannot do the shots that I need to get without the craft flying (mostly) straight. And especially because I'm flying into and over our campus here. If we can't get a full release by the end of this month, then the management here is going to be very upset that we're unable to use this new technology and have to keep waiting. Very frustrating - the heat needs to be turned up a bit more to get DJI to release a fix soon after confirmation that the 2nd beta is stable and fixes any remaining related issues that the 1st beta didn't catch.

--Joe
Tempe, AZ
ASU - Barrett Honors College

JoeatBarrett said:
Lenny7118 said:

This is really unacceptable. I understand that I'm late to this game (just got Phantom 2 in early May) and that others have been waiting much longer, but in my particular case I cannot do the shots that I need to get without the craft flying (mostly) straight. And especially because I'm flying into and over our campus here. If we can't get a full release by the end of this month, then the management here is going to be very upset that we're unable to use this new technology and have to keep waiting. Very frustrating - the heat needs to be turned up a bit more to get DJI to release a fix soon after confirmation that the 2nd beta is stable and fixes any remaining related issues that the 1st beta didn't catch.

--Joe
Tempe, AZ

They don't get a lot of complaints about the issue so they are like..."meh"

Yeah... they certainly don't seem to give a fluck.

JoeatBarrett said:
Lenny7118 said:

--Joe
Tempe, AZ

Joe, not sure how skilled you are yet in flying, but in the meantime you can fly in Attitude mode (windless day preferred) & it will fly straight. The manual will give you the procedures to turn on Naza mode to access this feature. Practice somewhere safe to get the hang of it first. Alternatively you can use the waypoint system (just released for iphone) to programme runs using GPS locations. Requires pre planning of your shots, but works well.

Pazz said:
Alternatively you can use the waypoint system (just released for iphone) to programme runs using GPS locations. Requires pre planning of your shots, but works well.
Only problem here is the the Phantom "crabs" on an angle when flying waypoints mode, so recorded video is well off centre, even though the path was followed correctly.

sar104 said:
I think if that were the case then they wouldn't be writing and testing firmware fixes.
..said he who is probably one of the beta testers.

It really is a case of the have's and have not's within this topic. Those who are beta testers are nice a patient and don't want to rock the boat, while those who aren't keep getting more and more frustrated.

Personally I am happy to wait for the release, as the issue doesn't stop me flying or reduce the enjoyment. I would like to get straighter video, so it will be nice to get the fix, this side of Christmas.

Cheers,
Rob.

robby666111 said:
sar104 said:
I think if that were the case then they wouldn't be writing and testing firmware fixes.
..said he who is probably one of the beta testers.

It really is a case of the have's and have not's within this topic. Those who are beta testers are nice a patient and don't want to rock the boat, while those who aren't keep getting more and more frustrated.

Personally I am happy to wait for the release, as the issue doesn't stop me flying or reduce the enjoyment. I would like to get straighter video, so it will be nice to get the fix, this side of Christmas.

Cheers,
Rob.

OK - so your opinion is that they are writing and testing firmware fixes, but that they don't care at all (to paraphrase the original accusation). Are not that observation and assertion somewhat contradictory? And yes - I am one of the 3.05 beta testers, but I don't think that 3.05 fixes the problem, or possibly even tackles the fundamental issue, so I am also impatient for them to fix this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT