Beta Testers requested to fix Compass Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
7500 ft. It could be a factor, but I'm not convinced. I would not be surprised if the elevation caused stability issues, but I cannot see how it can significantly affect track errors. I see very few issues with stability (except when I tested with marginal satellite coverage, which is to be expected). I'll just keep testing. Maybe I need to upgrade my second P2 to 3.05 just to see if it is consistent, i.e. consistent with my inconsistent results.

Anyone know anything about the descent rate comments regarding 3.05 posted here?

Sar, i would personally suggest updating your other P2.
That would be the best way to test another P2 against your current test P2. Possibly there is a problem with your current P2. I personally would like to hear how the Two compare flying 3.05 and identical gains settings.

At 7,500 feet, i would think the air is much thinner and thus making the P2 work harder just to stay aloft. Also, do you have a clear view of the sky? You should be getting more sats then what you reported.

Xrover said:
Sar, i would personally suggest updating your other P2.
That would be the best way to test another P2 against your current test P2. Possibly there is a problem with your current P2. I personally would like to hear how the Two compare flying 3.05 and identical gains settings.

At 7,500 feet, i would think the air is much thinner and thus making the P2 work harder just to stay aloft. Also, do you have a clear view of the sky? You should be getting more sats then what you reported.

View of the sky is fine, and the number of satellites acquired is generally in agreement with the constellation predictions. Plus - I'm closer to the satellites up here...

I'm inclined to agree that the next step is to compare the two P2s.

White Sands is 200 miles south. They do intermittently run GPS interference tests down there, but they always issue NOTAMs, and the effects do not extend this far north.

i've given up on this... way to long... Phantom sold. building a Hexacopter. They will come up with a Phantom 3 for xmas before they come up with a fix for all the issues.

The Naza-M v2 doesn't have this issues do they?

The yaw instsbility is more on quadcopteri have heard much less issues eith the mazamv2
I ihave an extra naza mv2 and iosd mini if someone wants it.

Xrover said:
The yaw instsbility is more on quadcopteri have heard much less issues eith the mazamv2

with GPS? how much ?

d4ddyo said:
Xrover said:

with GPS? how much ?

It has the GPS Ant. And iosd mini.
I will send you a PM

Did the second beta show up? It was supposed to be here soon.... two weeks ago.

landonkk said:
Did the second beta show up? It was supposed to be here soon.... two weeks ago.

I am not sure what schedule you are referring to. I was expecting it would be ready last week but that was purely my own speculation based on not very much. To answer your question, it has not turned up yet. After a few nagging emails, they told me late last week that it is imminent. They have not given dates. And they have never given dates for this fix. It would be nice if they did but I cannot force them to.

If they don't get it out to us this week, we will need to get some answers as to why. That means we will get more forceful which means we can slowly get the drunken sparrow to squawk up some noise over social media if we don't get those answers.

I am assuming there has been no further communication from DJI on a Second Beta release?
What is our next step?

Hi all, I am not a beta tester but wish I where. This is what my experiences are with my two Phantom V2+'s

I have done extensive testing of the 2 phantoms I have:
1. Done advanced calibration in Assistant
2. Checked all values and they are correct and within limits (all including compass)

In field: done all pre-checks.
1. Done compass “dance”
2. More then 6 satellites = green lights
3. Model do not hover in place doing “toilet bowl” to the right for the first 5-10 minutes then settles down.
4. Model do not fly straight, deviates to right.
5. When model stops and stays in hovering, started GS app and set waypoints, waypoints are not accurate to map, seems to be to the right.
My conclusion: Magnetic Declination is the problem and needs to be updated. I am at 18.6 + in Halifax Canada and about 15-20 degree seems correct to me.

cougar said:
Hi all, I am not a beta tester but wish I where. This is what my experiences are with my two Phantom V2+'s

2. Checked all values and they are correct and within limits (all including compass)

1. Done compass “dance”
3. Model do not hover in place doing “toilet bowl” to the right for the first 5-10 minutes then settles down.
5. When model stops and stays in hovering, started GS app and set waypoints, waypoints are not accurate to map, seems to be to the right.
My conclusion: Magnetic Declination is the problem and needs to be updated. I am at 18.6 + in Halifax Canada and about 15-20 degree seems correct to me.

Lol. Little late on your findings. Read the whole thread. We are way into beta 2 and they are dragging their feet. We have been dealing with this forever!

d4ddyo said:
cougar said:

1. Done compass “dance”

Lol. Little late on your findings. Read the whole thread. We are way into beta 2 and they are dragging their feet. We have been dealing with this forever!

Agree, have looked at the posts. Only reason I did post this is my location.
Hope there will be a fix soon, Thank you

Cougar,
Stay tuned to this thread. Your findings are what this Beta testing is all about. Hang in there! It's been a long drawn out process getting the issues corrected. As of yet, there has not been a final fix!

Xrover said:
Cougar,
Stay tuned to this thread. Your findings are what this Beta testing is all about. Hang in there! It's been a long drawn out process getting the issues corrected. As of yet, there has not been a final fix!

Thank you Xrover.

Have been in contact with DJI about this and just received the following email:

Thanks for the details, seems all work well.

We will release the new firmware next week. Maybe Friday.

Thanks&Best regards,

DJI Tech-support

So still have hope. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peoplelogic