Best "Monitor" for Phantom 3

My Nvidia Shield came in today. I havent actually flown with it yet, but I have hooked it up with everything on. Recorded some video, took a couple of shots. It seems to be a beast. The screen recording feature is really nice too. It doesn't have a ton of bloatware either, just a few of the Nvidia apps for gaming(which is its main focus anyway). I can't wait to get out and fly it some tomorrow with it.

My P3A should arrive on next thursday. I have already order Nvidia Shield, so it would nice to hear your comments...
Have you test broadcasting feature (Twitch or Youtube live stream)?

Couldn't find a recommendation for flash memory size on the DJI site, so anyone have a recommendation? With an SD card, wouldn't 16G be fine?

It comes with a 16gb.. I use cards no larger than 32gb. Its really a bad idea to use sdcards as storage devices, imho. Take your video and photos and dump them to something else. If a card gets corrupted then its no big deal.

Make sure you get high speed cards though, this is the critical.

Reactions: Buzz313th
Blade,

Is the compression processing variable depending on the write speed of the card? Would faster cards than recommended take load off of the buffer and thus give more headroom to the post processing?

Blade,

Is the compression processing variable depending on the write speed of the card? Would faster cards than recommended take load off of the buffer and thus give more headroom to the post processing?

No, you will just get an error that the card isn't fast enough and more than likely less than 30sec of video.

Sorry, I wasn't clear.. I was asking if a faster card than recommended (For future Reference) would take some load off the buffer and processor allowing for better compression.

Sorry, I wasn't clear.. I was asking if a faster card than recommended (For future Reference) would take some load off the buffer and processor allowing for better compression.

I haven't seen anything that would suggest that. I would have to check with R&D to get a solid answer.

It comes with a 16gb.. I use cards no larger than 32gb. Its really a bad idea to use sdcards as storage devices, imho. Take your video and photos and dump them to something else. If a card gets corrupted then its no big deal.

Make sure you get high speed cards though, this is the critical.

I dont know much about this kind of thing, what would you consider a "high speed" card?

For future reference any card that has better write and read speeds than what is recommended ... I'm refereeing to "Faster Cards" that may not be available yet.

I had a similar post a few days back looking for the biggest screen compatible with the P3, Samsung 12.2" Pro was suggested with Android 4.4 Kit Kat OS, 1.9GHz Samsung Exynos 5 Octa processor. Think this will work? I know I will have to come up with a mount, but I'm determined.

First flight w an Nvidia Shield ... thing is quick, resolution is clear, noticed no lag. Popped the SD card in after the flight, so nice to be able to edit and share right off the SD. Screen is reflective and it was dusk so can't speak to daylight view ability, but overall pretty impressed (after 1 flight)

Great to hear and congratulations!

Try these, they help me a lot and come right off if you don't like them.

http://www.amazon.com/SUPERSHIELDZ-...pershieldz+screen+protector+for+Nvidia+shield

Reactions: bbfpv
Well, I wasted my money on anti-glare screen protectors for my iPad 2 Mini, seems it makes it harder to see the screen in the sunlight than without. Seems the iPad 2 already has a sunlight friendly screen with the brightness turned up. Oh well, live and learn, at least the hood looks and works great. Also the detachable prop guards (for indoor flying) and control knobs. Getting all of the needed accessories together now I just need the darn quad!

So i have an ipad mini A1432 which appears to be gen 1, so im screwed.
Right now is there any option out there with the HDMI out to go in to an HDMI in pair of Headwear glasses? I can always buy a cheap android device, but id rather invest elsewhere

So i have an ipad mini A1432 which appears to be gen 1, so im screwed.
Right now is there any option out there with the HDMI out to go in to an HDMI in pair of Headwear glasses? I can always buy a cheap android device, but id rather invest elsewhere
If you have been reading this forum there are a hundred mentions of the Nividi Shield tablet, which has plenty of horsepower, and HDMI out. Unless you are locked into Apple, then just get an iPad Mini 2, mine works great, even in sunlight, the Shield is very reflective and will require a anti-glare shield as well as a hood, although a hood is a good idea for any monitor used outdoors.

Thats the one that seems to get brought up yes, im just curious if anyone knows if you could go Receiver to tablet to glasses with ease?
would be awesome
thanks

Thats the one that seems to get brought up yes, im just curious if anyone knows if you could go Receiver to tablet to glasses with ease?
would be awesome
thanks

I know there will be an hdmi board but I was hoping it would already be available. So I dont what to give any time line.

When my Phantom 3 arrives I will be using the iOS Version of the pilot app.
My question is has anyone here used an iPhone 6 Plus with the app? Is the iPhone screen big enough or will I need to go to iPad mini size?
Thanks.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl