Batteries have different charging lights

Reaction score
Hi,

I bought a Phantom 3 standard a few months ago and have just bought a second battery for it. When I plug the old battery in to charge from 25% (for example) it blinks the 1st light until it's charged to 50%, then it it blinks the 2 lights etc...

The new battery however, when plugged in cycles through all 4 lights twice then starts blinking the 1st light like the other battery. It seems to charge fine and fly fine but I'm just wondering if it maybe has old firmware on it? I haven't seen any way to check the battery firmware or be able to update it through the app?

Any ideas?

You ensure your battery has the latest firmware by powering it up in the AC while you have the latest FW update file on the SD card.

I don't have the firmware and it appears that DJI have removed any reference to it from their website and upgrading is only available from the app now...

I don't have the firmware and it appears that DJI have removed any reference to it from their website and upgrading is only available from the app now...
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Phantom quadcopter’s.

Why not use the app to do it?

DJI does not link the P3S firmware updates on their website since they are all installed through DJI GO. I have them listed here.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94