Bad idea to fly two P34Ks in the same general area?

Reaction score
Sorry in advance if this is a really dumb question... :p

I have a Phantom 3 4K, and my friend just recently bought one as well.

Is it a bad idea to fly them simultaneously? I didn't really think anything of it, until we were both trying them out and mine randomly just said disconnected after a while. I was anticipating RTH, but it connected again before long, and I was able to fly it back no problem.

Then a bit later in the day, my friend's did the same thing while we were both flying. His did not reconnect, but he was able to press the RTH button on the controller, and it came back and landed fine.

We haven't flown much, but neither of us had experienced this untill we had them both up in the air. We were flying in different directions, not crossing paths, but I don't think that would really make the difference.

Is this to be expected if we're both using whatever the default channel is?

Thanks!

Your biggest concern is not crashing into each other while you are learning to operate the drones. The radios will sort out the channels.

Your biggest concern is not crashing into each other while you are learning to operate the drones. The radios will sort out the channels.
Hmm alright.. I'm less worried about crashing into each other, since we went opposite directions.. Do you have any idea why we both would have had a random disconnect the same day while both flying? Both close, not nearly out of range.. both in totally different locations, and no large metal objects around or anything.. For both of us it was from full signal to disconnected.

It will be because you are both flying at the same time. The remote has the facility to select which radio channel it uses and is normally set on auto and will find the best channel. When you stand close to each other each transmitter will pick up the other signal and switch channel automatically this is why you disconnected then reconnected automatically. This happens when I fly with a friend. A couple of solutions are to stand further apart we normally stand a good 10 meters apart and don't have any problems but if we get to close one if us will disconnect as the transmitter picks up the interference from the other it will then select another channel and reconnect. This normally happens that quick it never causes a problem. The other thing if you flying in an area without lots of WiFi or interference would be to manually select your channels and go for different ends of the scale. Personally if I find I get a weak signal or disconnect when flying with someone I take a Couple of steps away from them and that seems to solve the problem. I hope that helps but it's probably not the best description or most technical one. Plenty of videos on YouTube showing you how to change channels via the app.
Basically it's interference due to standing too close to each other and the transmitter selecting channels that are too close to each other. It happens less if one of you boots up and gets in the air before the other even turns things on.

It will be because you are both flying at the same time. The remote has the facility to select which radio channel it uses and is normally set on auto and will find the best channel. When you stand close to each other each transmitter will pick up the other signal and switch channel automatically this is why you disconnected then reconnected automatically. This happens when I fly with a friend. A couple of solutions are to stand further apart we normally stand a good 10 meters apart and don't have any problems but if we get to close one if us will disconnect as the transmitter picks up the interference from the other it will then select another channel and reconnect. This normally happens that quick it never causes a problem. The other thing if you flying in an area without lots of WiFi or interference would be to manually select your channels and go for different ends of the scale. Personally if I find I get a weak signal or disconnect when flying with someone I take a Couple of steps away from them and that seems to solve the problem. I hope that helps but it's probably not the best description or most technical one. Plenty of videos on YouTube showing you how to change channels via the app.
Basically it's interference due to standing too close to each other and the transmitter selecting channels that are too close to each other. It happens less if one of you boots up and gets in the air before the other even turns things on.
Thanks for the info, we'll try keep our distance next time and see if that takes care of it!

these aren't cheap Walmart RC gear they have the ability to fly together My nephew and I fly side by side the only issue we have had is both powering on the same time if you don't know what drone is yours when connecting to it by wifi you will be trying to connect to each others drone. we power up one get it connected up then power the other and fly its a good thing to write down your drones ID and remember it so there is no confusion later as to what drone is what .

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94