Arrested today

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is too sketchy to be believable. More "fake news" in my opinion. Absolutely zero details. Guy just wants/wanted hits on his you tube channel. I won't even attempt to view as I don't want to encourage him further. And even IF this is real, the cops wouldn't take everything he claimed and only questioned him for 2 hours and then release him. It's just a hoax to get people to view/provide 'hits' to his channel, nothing more.

Spoken like someone who didn't even read through the first page of posts. Here's your sign...

Warning to all - (I have had a really bad day please don't give me any grief about this I just want to help/warn others).

I had the Police turn up at my house today with a search warrant. They took my drone, my phone, my pc and and memory cards + usb sticks they could find.

They took me to the police station and have interviewed me for just under 2 hours and have various avation charges against me because someone has made a complaint about my youtube videos.

I have been released on bail and will be going back 15th February. I know there are lots of videos on youtube not to dis-similar to mine and they are really trying to push everything they can at me.

You can view my channel here which contains the videos in question.
Aerial Videos with DJI Phantom 3 Standard - YouTube

I didn't intend to get in any trouble or cause any harm to anyone with my flying. I just love flying my drone and love the aerial photography. I just intend to warn people to be quite vigilant and I don't want anyone to be experiencing.
Warning to all - (I have had a really bad day please don't give me any grief about this I just want to help/warn others).

I had the Police turn up at my house today with a search warrant. They took my drone, my phone, my pc and and memory cards + usb sticks they could find.

They took me to the police station and have interviewed me for just under 2 hours and have various avation charges against me because someone has made a complaint about my youtube videos.

I have been released on bail and will be going back 15th February. I know there are lots of videos on youtube not to dis-similar to mine and they are really trying to push everything they can at me.

I didn't intend to get in any trouble or cause any harm to anyone with my flying. I just love flying my drone and love the aerial photography. I just intend to warn people to be quite vigilant and I don't want anyone to be experiencing.

Hi OP. Do not be pushed around by the police. They are supposed to be trying to improve their image after Hillsborough etc etc particularly the Yorkshire police (don't know where you are in UK). A search warrant cannot be issued willi-nilly, so get yourself really au fait with drone regulations before 15th and express "surprise that the police are not up to date on the regulations" !!

Your videos are marked Private.

What laws were you breaking? Flying near airport, too high, out of line of sight? Hovering over someone's property for long periods? I've been stopped and asked to land twice by police, but explained them what I can and can not do and where and shortly let go, just asked to leave because of concern for people on ground.

Here's my guess, you never were arrested, this post was set up for you to promote your own vids on youtube, it's an old but tested con.

Reactions: Squirrel!
I never believed that he was arrested, it's an old con trick used to get people to wach their vids, it's old but tried and tested.

Reactions: Squirrel!
Spoken like someone who didn't even read through the first page of posts. Here's your sign...
Watch it youngster. I read the whole 1st page which only the gullible would believe.
chp.gif

For one, he's made the videos private so there's not much to look at.

Second, you say the cops wouldn't question him for two hours or take the data storage devices. I really don't see why not, if they're doing an investigation. There's no reason to hold him at the station, but questioning him makes sense.

There was this other Youtuber from the UK who posted the email from the police where they are nicely asking him not to drone over populated areas (someone reported his videos). It looks like they stepped up (or a different police officer decided to handle this case differently).
Correct. They aren't going to question him for only 2 hours if the charge is serious enough to get a search warrant, confiscate his computers, memory cards, drone etc...they wouldn't just release him. If he indeed were arrested, there is much more to the story than is being let on. The OP is extremely vague in his post, when anyone else that would do this would tell actual details. The OP doesn't even know the charges. That in itself should be a major red flag to all as to the viability of the story, keyword, 'story'. ;)

YouTube shows Videos as private.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    218 KB · Views: 393
Before the deluge of comments start, please note that the OP is located in the UK.
Ah, I see now. Sadly, our Brit friends have never had the individual freedoms and protections that Americans built into our Constitution and Bill of Rights. Many Americans are surprised to learn that Britain is very much a Beaurocratic Dictatorship with very few actual freedoms and protections for individual citizens from police search and seizure for any reason. No right to bear defensive arms. In fact Brit Police will usually arrest and jail a home owner who tries to defend him or her self from a break-in burglar.

Are people really this effing dense? Before getting to the bottom of the very first page (never mind every other post for the subsequent 7 pages) people are pointing out that the videos are gone/deleted/marked private. Yeah, no ****. Yet the last few posts are restating this like they discovered a new priceless fact. Jesus folks... READ. COMPREHEND. THINK. Then if you're still convinced you need to restate the exact same stale facts for the 50th time, be prepared to get flamed.

I think he's right also but unlike you I don't feel the need to insult someone who disagrees with me.
I mostly agree, however this falls into that difficult logical conundrum also found in the Gordian Knot of, "is a person tolerant if they're intolerant of intolerance"?

Is it uncivil and rude to be rude to someone over being rude? Sometimes, sometimes not.

Always keep in mind Ralph Waldo Emerson's wisdom: "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds"

While as a rule it is generally wrong to be rude and insulting to another, it is not strictly the case 100% of the time... on occasion it is not only ethically acceptable, it is appropriate.

For me, people that go around falsely accusing others of scurrilous behavior without any evidence at all fall into this category.

Reactions: DonHouse
Are you from Somerset. The police had a drone on there Facebook page. They said they arrested a male and took his drone, laptop etc as was flying over contested areas. Ive tried to locate the FB story but its been removed now.

Before the deluge of comments start, please note that the OP is located in the UK.
Even though this seizure incident was not in the USA, if you fly in areas with people and homes, count on harrasment at some point. My bigger concern is that the DJI software will simply wrest control from me decide to land the aircraft in the middle of a road or freeway if it decides I am in a temporary restricted area, even if it expired two weeks ago or doesn't begin until two weeks into the future. This perhaps is the most disturbing thing to me and violates the fundemental laws of robotics....in my humble and often undereducated opinion. The machine takes away control from the PIC, and indiscriminately lands, and you will absolutely be held accountable for it's actions, ie, freeway pile up, etc. As an aircraft pilot, I would also potentially lose my license, and be held to a much higher standard. I have pretty much quit flying becuase of this unecessary risk DJI has imposed on me. I'll be listing my P3 & P4 stuff on ebay soon and cancelled my Mavic order. Was fun while it lasted.

Are people really this effing dense? Before getting to the bottom of the very first page (never mind every other post for the subsequent 7 pages) people are pointing out that the videos are gone/deleted/marked private. Yeah, no ****. Yet the last few posts are restating this like they discovered a new priceless fact. Jesus folks... READ. COMPREHEND. THINK. Then if you're still convinced you need to restate the exact same stale facts for the 50th time, be prepared to get flamed.

No I beleave this has carried on enough and until @BigR contacts me when he's ready to post anything else .
This horse is dead .
CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl