Are you guys registering your Phantoms?

I was planning on it. BUT the law says I still have to register it. So what are you trying to say ? I also fly my Goblin 770 with autopilot too. It's not registered and doesn't have to be. Why is that ? It can out fly and is a whole lot more dangerous than a little DJI quad.

Can and do you fly your whatever it is in classified airspace? Can it fly for miles, out of sight, at say 300-1500 ft AGL or more? AMA members did a great thing and regulated themselves, that's why. They stay within
VLOS and typically at a field specifically for them. Have you flown your aircraft out of sight and at altitude? The other issue on their side is that they are a small community. I do not understand why you think your aircraft is more dangerous than a DJI quad, as if that's the only model out there. There are all sizes of UAS's. UAS registration goes up to 55 lbs. It's about CAPABILITIES.

I have no clue. Their intentions are pretty clear though. Perhaps the mods will take them out of their misery sooner than later.

Why should that happen ? Because you don't like what I say ?

Reactions: aka1ceman
AMA members did a great thing and regulated themselves, that's why.
It looks like the AMA is transforming now. There are quad owners joining -- and, they have no intention of flying solely at AMA fields in VLOS. It'll be interesting to see how long the AMA will be able to keep that image alive.

It's fine to share your opinions. You've taken it a bit too far though. There is no need to attempt to belittle other forum members.

Can and do you fly your whatever it is in classified airspace? Can it fly for miles, out of sight, at say 300-1500 ft AGL or more? AMA members did a great thing and regulated themselves, that's why. They stay within
VLOS and typically at a field specifically for them. Have you flown your aircraft out of sight and at altitude? The other issue on their side is that they are a small community. I do not understand why you think your aircraft is more dangerous than a DJI quad, as if that's the only model out there. There are all sizes of UAS's. UAS registration goes up to 55 lbs. It's about CAPABILITIES.

Yes it can fly out of sight. It has a camera mounted on it. It has 780mm carbon fiber blades on it. That's the only reason I said it could be more dangerous than a drone if compared. I have heard stories of people getting decapitated by them, but not by a drone. I was just trying to open your guys up to why only the drone guys have been centered out.

It's not that we don't like what you say. It's that you are ill-informed. we are trying to help but it seems feelings trump facts. This is forum to learn and get information about everything UAS. When misunderstanding is evident, it should be addressed for clarification and education for all.

It's fine to share your opinions. You've taken it a bit too far though. There is no need to attempt to belittle other forum members.

Well sorry you feel that way, but it almost feels like you would like to hurt the drone flying community as much as you help it with assisting people on the fourm. You realize all the people that won't get into the hobby now that the government is so involved. That's only my opinion and I'm sure you think I'm incorrect.

Yes it can fly out of sight. It has a camera mounted on it. It has 780mm carbon fiber blades on it. That's the only reason I said it could be more dangerous than a drone if compared. I have heard stories of people getting decapitated by them, but not by a drone. I was just trying to open your guys up to why only the drone guys have been centered out.

I already explained that. "Centered out" and RIGHTFULLY SO.

I have no clue. Their intentions are pretty clear though. Perhaps the mods will take them out of their misery sooner than later.
Really? What are my itentions? Just because I'd rather inform the public to things that your side of the coin doesn't want revealed? Your allowed to feel strong about your opinion, and you want Mods to "take us out"because we don't agree with you? That would make it easier for you wouldn't it? Nobody to refute you ?But would it really benifit the members to only see 1 side of the situation? Are you afraid they might make a decision on their own?

what splinter, you wrote members and there are no such thing. Then you wrote "belonging to", do you mean FAA employees? Nobody belongs to the FAA. Just stating the FACTS.

FACTS / definition

Member : a constituent piece of a complex structure.
Does that not fit the FAA?
Dude really?

Reactions: GaDrone
Well sorry you feel that way, but it almost feels like you would like to hurt the drone flying community as much as you help it with assisting people on the fourm. You realize all the people that won't get into the hobby now that the government is so involved. That's only my opinion and I'm sure you think I'm incorrect.

I am part of the "drone flying community". Your example for people not getting into it, WHAT? That's like arguing we should remove the requirement for a pilot's license for small Cessna's pilot's so more people "will get into it". No I don't want you getting into it if your not going to follow the rules that the rest of us do.

Reactions: DroneDog
Really? What are my itentions? Just because I'd rather inform the public to things that your side of the coin doesn't want revealed? Your allowed to feel strong about your opinion, and you want Mods to "take us out"because we don't agree with you? That would make it easier for you wouldn't it? Nobody to refute you ?But would it really benifit the members to only see 1 side of the situation? Are you afraid they might make a decision on their own?

FACTS / definition

Member : a constituent piece of a complex structure.
Does that not fit the FAA?
Dude really?

You haven't reveled anything except your lack of understanding of the aviation community. Seriously, FAA membership. LOL Refute PLEASE! Hit me with some FACTS and not government conspiracy theories. "Easier for me" I have no clue what you are talking about. Go register your UAS and become a member.

I am part of the "drone flying community". Your example for people not getting into it, WHAT? That's like arguing we should remove the requirement for a pilot's license for small Cessna's pilot's so more people "will get into it". No I don't want you getting into it if your not going to follow the rules that the rest of us do.

And by registering a drone you all the sudden are a drone pilot now ?

I am an FAA Certificated Private Pilot with an Instrument rating for ASEL. YES I AM A "REAL" PILOT. And I fly UAS's too. So yes I do bring a different perspective to this debate than you. Any more questions about aviation? If I don't know the answer, I know how to get it.

I will call myself a UAS pilot too when the UAS Airman Certificate becomes available hopefully next year. You too can learn about the NAS, take the test, pass, and call yourself a UAS PILOT.

You haven't reveled anything except your lack of understanding of the aviation community. Seriously, FAA membership. LOL Refute PLEASE! Hit me with some FACTS and not government conspiracy theories. "Easier for me" I have no clue what you are talking about. Go register your UAS and become a member.

Yes Mr Webster, redirect away from your mistakes. But only since i dont want to hijack this thread on my spelling there Mr Webster, and avoiding the point....No I'm not registered. No its Not against the law... those are 2 FACTS whether you like it or not.

I am an FAA Certificated Private Pilot with an Instrument rating for ASEL. YES I AM A "REAL" PILOT. And I fly UAS's too. So yes I do bring a different perspective to this debate than you. Any more questions about aviation? If I don't know the answer, I know how to get it.

How do a few of you guys think you know it all ? Do you know I don't have a pilots license ? My question to you was if a 14 year old goes and gets a drone, after he registers it his now a good drone pilot ?

I seriously don't get the belittling of people ON both sides FROM both sides.
The near future will reveal where this is headed. Why do people on each side of this issue feel the need to convince the other side. Or "be right" about their views on it.
Like I said, the future of "registration" and what it means to the community will be clear in two years, tops.
If someone doesn't like registration, so what? They will either not fly or face penalties regardless of the reasoning behind their thoughts. No need for them to be called crazies or nut jobs.
Same thing goes for someone pro registration. If you think it's a good idea, then it's great you support the program and will get to continue to fly. No harm, no foul.
I guess I'm just disappointed there can't be more respect among the people on this forum that have a common interest. Even if their opinions differ on a subject.

How do a few of you guys think you know it all ? Do you know I don't have a pilots license ? My question to you was if a 14 year old goes and gets a drone, after he registers it his now a good drone pilot ?

I can tell you don't by the way. And you don't do you? When did you ask that question? If a 14 y/o is at the controls flying a Cessna 152 with an instructor in the right seat, is the 14 y/o a pilot? Perfectly legal. There are many teens who fly manned aircraft extremely well since 14 y/o and wait to take his/her written and practical exams on their 17th birthday a become official pilots. If a 14 y/o old is piloting a UAV, yes he is pilot, maybe not FAA Cert. but a PILOT ALL THE SAME.

I can tell you don't by the way. And you don't do you? When did you ask that question? If a 14 y/o is at the controls flying a Cessna 152 with an instructor in the right seat, is the 14 y/o a pilot? Perfectly legal. There are many teens who fly manned aircraft extremely well since 14 y/o and wait to take his/her written and practical exams on their 17th birthday a become official pilots. If a 14 y/o old is piloting a UAV, yes he is pilot, maybe not FAA Cert. but a PILOT ALL THE SAME.

I am saying by registering his drone he is now a good pilot ? What is the difference if you register....doesn't change your skill set. You can't tell anything about me from a thread on a fourm...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT