Are you guys registering your Phantoms?

There are only 24-hours in a day, so it would be most beneficial to use them wisely.

I'm building a server right now at work and on the forum expressing my feelings about the situation at the same time. My time is being spent wisely today.

Reactions: aka1ceman
Just wait a few weeks to see if the AMA, or other, files a injunction on the grounds of the FAA my not have standing or authority to regulate toys or something else that everone will say "well I didn't see that one coming " hopefully in a way that we do not have to register giving out personal information. My personal opinion is a quad copter with a camera under 5 pounds is not any more dangerous that a large bird or trillions of small pieces of hot lead that fly much farther than 400 AGL. Not a one gun owner needs a FAA regeneration. Its a matter of drawing a line of where government stops and risk of living in the modern world starts. The registration is another feel good policy that does nothing for saftey but just regulates law bidding citizens and does nothing to law breakers who will not register before they fly stupid and crash into a crowd at a sporting even which is much more plausible than taking down a many thousands of pound manned aircraft with a drone the size and weight of one large bird. The aircraft that landed in the Potomac river was hit by multiple large birds that got sucked though all the jet engines. Sully flew into a flock of geese not a squadron of drones. Just saying.

Reactions: ObiDon and GaDrone
The aircraft that landed in the Potomac river was hit by multiple large birds that got sucked though all the jet engines. Sully flew into a flock of geese not a squadron of drones. Just saying.

According to "msinger" in this thread those birds should've been registered like our drones, dogs ect. I'm sure they would be able to retrieve the "FAA Number" off of a drone after it got sucked through the turbine engine of a plane...

Reactions: aka1ceman
Just wait a few weeks to see if the AMA, or other, files a injunction on the grounds of the FAA my not have standing or authority to regulate toys or something else that everone will say "well I didn't see that one coming " hopefully in a way that we do not have to register giving out personal information. My personal opinion is a quad copter with a camera under 5 pounds is not any more dangerous that a large bird or trillions of small pieces of hot lead that fly much farther than 400 AGL. Not a one gun owner needs a FAA regeneration. Its a matter of drawing a line of where government stops and risk of living in the modern world starts. The registration is another feel good policy that does nothing for saftey but just regulates law bidding citizens and does nothing to law breakers who will not register before they fly stupid and crash into a crowd at a sporting even which is much more plausible than taking down a many thousands of pound manned aircraft with a drone the size and weight of one large bird. The aircraft that landed in the Potomac river was hit by multiple large birds that got sucked though all the jet engines. Sully flew into a flock of geese not a squadron of drones. Just saying.

It's not about prevention or safety per se.
It's about ignorance and accountability.

Now if someone is 'caught' there are means for accountability.
If you're hung-up on prevention you're just doing laps and burning calories.

You having car insurance does not guarantee others' safety or that you will not hit or harm me but it does provide accountability and a means for relief.

It's not about prevention or safety per se.
It's about ignorance and accountability.

Now if someone is 'caught' there are means for accountability.
If you're hung-up on prevention you're just doing laps and burning calories.

You having car insurance does not guarantee others' safety or that you will not hit or harm me but it does provide accountability and a means for relief.
How? Dan the Dummy was a dummy before paying $5 and do you really think paying $5 makes him not one? Don't think so. If that was the case we could make FAA members pay $5 each so they weren't dummys making regulations that does NOTHING for safety.

Reactions: ObiDon and GaDrone

If I never leave my property with my car, why should I be required to have insurance ? Same goes for the drone. If I'm not out flying in a public place why should I have to register it... You are required to have insurance on a car because you drive on Government Roads with it.

Are you addressing someone specific?
Your response was posted right after mine but without reference, I did not want to simply assume your comments were directed at what I said.

No not you. Just the guys whining about registration.

The FAA has no legislative power. All legislative power is in congress. So as soon as a constitutional ammendment is ratified by the states to grant the FAA legeslative powers, then I will register. Until then, f**k em.

You should get your money back from that law school you went too.

Reactions: Meta4
How? Dan the Dummy was a dummy before paying $5 and do you really think paying $5 makes him not one? Don't think so. If that was the case we could make FAA members pay $5 each so they weren't dummys making regulations that does NOTHING for safety.

Thereis no such thing as FAA Members.

Thereis no such thing as FAA Members.
1. I didn't imply membership. It was a reference to members like "belonging to"

2.Funny your commenting on someone else's errors. See your above post before looking at my splinter.

No not you. Just the guys whining about registration.

Who you calling out for whining ? Most people are just giving their opinion. You mad bro ?

According to "msinger" in this thread those birds should've been registered like our drones, dogs ect. I'm sure they would be able to retrieve the "FAA Number" off of a drone after it got sucked through the turbine engine of a plane...
Again, you're just wasting your time here. It's very clear that you don't really want to see the FAA change anything. You're just here to badger people and make a fool of yourself.

Reactions: DroneDog and Meta4
Again, you're just wasting your time here. It's very clear that you don't really want to see the FAA change anything. You're just here to badger people and make a fool of yourself.

Not making a fool of myself sir. I've earned some likes from my post today. Go back to posting links to manuals on the fourm. We are just here to discuss how we feel about the regulations. You are more like a politician for this crap.

If I never leave my property with my car, why should I be required to have insurance ? Same goes for the drone. If I'm not out flying in a public place why should I have to register it... You are required to have insurance on a car because you drive on Government Roads with it.

That's fine. Stay ALWAYS on/over your property and never enter
Not to single you out, but...

Technically BOTH sides are extremist. There are two, polar-opposite viewpoints and neither agrees to cede ground to the other. I would argue that the "pro-registration" crowd is worse, as they ignore facts, are quicker to demonize opposing viewpoints (e.g. your "extremist" barb) and use false logic to justify their position.

Regardless, it takes two to tango. If the "pro-registration" crowd spent all their "pent up energy" flying instead of arguing and stopped "badgering" those with a different point of view, these discussions would have died off a while ago. It's a two-way street.

OK Joe. State your argument if you have one but do not suggest that facts are being ignored by the "PRO" people. I can hit you with facts all day long. And if there is any "demonizing" as you put it, it's the people against it that are talking to the rest of us like we are dumb sheep. I see post after post full of misinformation, misunderstanding, or just a complete lack of knowledge of aviation. A UAS that costs $$$ and is capable of flying for miles and at altitudes in the NAS is NOT A TOY. Like it or not, if you are operating a very capable UAS and you enter the NAS, YOU ARE A PILOT. Now it is your OBLIGATION to LEARN all you can to be a safe and informed pilot. The FAA is not the enemy, they just want safety AND ACCOUNTABILITY. WE ALL DO. The augments presented against registration hold no water. Whats facts are you referring to that suggest that registration is BAD. I have not seen ONE. Just "feelings" that someone somewhere is up to no good. Really? That's LIFE. The Wright brothers didn't have a registration or license. As more and more aircraft launched into the air, regulation became NECESSARY. To most of us this is common sense. "I don't want to register because the government is out to get me or some bad guy somewhere might get my address" IS NOT an argument. Hello, anyone with the motivation could find anyone else's address and more. One last thing I am going to say about this seemingly hotly debated issue. If you want to fly ANY aircraft in classified airspace, B,C,D,E, and G you will have to follow the same rules (LAWS) the rest of us pilots do. If you don't like that. Stay in your backyard please. If you do not know what classified airspace IS, that's my point.

Reactions: DroneDog

msinger, where do these people come from?

That's fine. Stay ALWAYS on/over your property and never enter.
I was planning on it. BUT the law says I still have to register it. So what are you trying to say ? I also fly my Goblin 770 with autopilot too. It's not registered and doesn't have to be. Why is that ? It can out fly and is a whole lot more dangerous than a little DJI quad.

1. I didn't imply membership. It was a reference to members like "belonging to"

2.Funny your commenting on someone else's errors. See your above post before looking at my splinter.
what splinter, you wrote members and there are no such thing. Then you wrote "belonging to", do you mean FAA employees? Nobody belongs to the FAA. Just stating the FACTS.

msinger, where do these people come from?
I have no clue. Their intentions are pretty clear though. Perhaps the mods will take them out of their misery sooner than later.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl