Are you guys registering your Phantoms?

First, there is no Amendment to the Constitution giving us the right to keep and bear Drones. The appropriate gov't body has always had the right, and the responsibility to protect the citizens of the US from harm regardless of the source. We have driver's licenses, doctor's licenses and even plumber's licenses. We have pilot's licenses. We have voter registration. We must be vetted to get thru airport security. We must have a passport to get back into the US. Nothing says we've done anything wrong, it's a way of reducing possibilities of us doing something wrong. You are going way over the top with your suggestion that all those personal identifiers (retinal scan, prints, etc.) could eventually be required.

Your missing a big point! you DON'T have to get a license for much of what you listed if you only do it privately or for free non professionally. For one this registration presumes that 1" off my back lawn is now public (not private) space(and not the relm of states authority). You don't need pilots license for ultralites, gliders, one man balloons, ect. No Plumbers license to fix your own or a neighbors sink, no medical license to do basic medical for you or others, No drivers license to build a Big Foot monster truck and run it recklessly on personal property. Now your right about about needing a passport but if ONLY drone owners needed a passport or had to submit to a search It would be a legal issue. And lastly voter registration is NOT universal law, many states like mine have tried but can't require people to register or even be required to show proof of citizenship! Another good example to compare is Ham Radio licenses, yes you need a license(as you should) for higher power levels but low levels require nothing and mid levels only require a simple license that is not data based in a way that the police can instantly respond. They would have to investigate and tie proof together to "reasonably believe" I may be a suspect, and that is part of "Due Process". This drone system drone lets presume guilt just because I'm a known drone pilot in the area.

Your missing a big point! you DON'T have to get a license for much of what you listed if you only do it privately or for free non professionally. For one this registration presumes that 1" off my back lawn is now public (not private) space(and not the relm of states authority). You don't need pilots license for ultralites, gliders, one man balloons, ect. No Plumbers license to fix your own or a neighbors sink, no medical license to do basic medical for you or others, No drivers license to build a Big Foot monster truck and run it recklessly on personal property. Now your right about about needing a passport but if ONLY drone owners needed a passport or had to submit to a search It would be a legal issue. And lastly voter registration is NOT universal law, many states like mine have tried but can't require people to register or even be required to show proof of citizenship! Another good example to compare is Ham Radio licenses, yes you need a license(as you should) for higher power levels but low levels require nothing and mid levels only require a simple license that is not data based in a way that the police can instantly respond. They would have to investigate and tie proof together to "reasonably believe" I may be a suspect, and that is part of "Due Process". This drone system drone lets presume guilt just because I'm a known drone pilot in the area.

Well said

You anti registration nuts really need to find somewhere else to play. Maybe you should move to the Yukon and go hide in the mountains. The limit is COMMON SENSE. If anyone doesn't get it, ITS YOU! I don't know where you live or where you grew up, but you should talk to someone about your paranoia. Your slave references are offensive. You are offensive. You have insulted many on this forum and again have convinced no one of your silly argument. Not that you don't have a small point, but it's dull and doesn't write very well. Why don't you take all this energy and find something productive to do with it besides annoying the rest of us who love this country and do not believe that the FAA UAS registration require has some nefarious motive. Believe me the government could care less about YOU. If you can't put it together in your head why this IS appropriate than I recommend you do something that doesn't involve the government. Good Luck! Maybe you should go to the Conspiracy Theory forum and talk to them. You'll find more friends that way. Maybe move to the Arctic, you'll be safe there.

You anti registration nuts really need to find somewhere else to play. Maybe you should move to the Yukon and go hide in the mountains. The limit is COMMON SENSE. If anyone doesn't get it, ITS YOU! I don't know where you live or where you grew up, but you should talk to someone about your paranoia. Your slave references are offensive. You are offensive. You have insulted many on this forum and again have convinced no one of your silly argument. Not that you don't have a small point, but it's dull and doesn't write very well. Why don't you take all this energy and find something productive to do with it besides annoying the rest of us who love this country and do not believe that the FAA UAS registration require has some nefarious motive. Believe me the government could care less about YOU. If you can't put it together in your head why this IS appropriate than I recommend you do something that doesn't involve the government. Good Luck! Maybe you should go to the Conspiracy Theory forum and talk to them. You'll find more friends that way. Maybe move to the Arctic, you'll be safe there.

Thank You!!!

Reactions: Buckaye
This is not correct. AMA sanctioned fields are not a requirement. If the AMA can show you were not flying within their guidelines, regardless of your location, they will not pay out. But if you were following their guidelines (or they can't prove otherwise), you are covered, no matter where you fly.

I'm covered through my homeowner's policy, as I suspect many other are. You are correct about payouts and it is not limited to AMA insurance. Virtually no insurance policy will honor a claim caused by illegal or willfully negligent activty.

I'm covered through my homeowner's policy, as I suspect many other are. You are correct about payouts and it is not limited to AMA insurance. Virtually no insurance policy will honor a claim caused by illegal or willfully negligent activty.
I'm covered as well by my standard homeowner's policy although I also have a rider to cover possible 'grey area' damage. My agent has stipulated that hobbyist copters are covered by the standard policy.

All I can say is bring on the drone operator's license. Registration alone is not enough. I prefer to have barriers to entry to help dispel the widely held notion that the drone community is an uninformed and reckless danger to society.

Reactions: Jahbass
All I can say is bring on the drone operator's license. Registration alone is not enough. I prefer to have barriers to entry to help dispel the widely held notion that the drone community is an uninformed and reckless danger to society.

Licensing alone is not enough. ALL drones/model planes should be completely banned. They serve no purpose. Get your "fun" doing something that doesn't infringe on the valuable national airspace and endangers others. "If only _ONE_ life could be saved or one injury prevented!"

It's for the children. You aren't against children, are you?

Whenever you write this, I can't help but thinking of the scene with Dr. Zaius crumbling the paper plane.

:: place tongue in cheek emoticon here::

Reactions: JKDSensei
Hmmmmm.
Did someone get up on the wrong side of the bed this morning?

I just registered. Now, how long again until the men in black arrive on my door to take away my freedoms? 'Cause I've just put a roast in and I'd hate to see it go to waste.

Are you addressing someone specific?
Your response was posted right after mine but without reference, I did not want to simply assume your comments were directed at what I said.

The FAA has no legislative power. All legislative power is in congress. So as soon as a constitutional ammendment is ratified by the states to grant the FAA legeslative powers, then I will register. Until then, f**k em.

The FAA has no legislative power. All legislative power is in congress. So as soon as a constitutional ammendment is ratified by the states to grant the FAA legeslative powers, then I will register. Until then, f**k em.

Congress empowered the FAA with regulatory powers to oversee all aspects of civil aviation. That was in 1958. The FAA's regulations are law. If you don't believe it, feel free to test it.

I just registered. Now, how long again until the men in black arrive on my door to take away my freedoms? 'Cause I've just put a roast in and I'd hate to see it go to waste.
Since now you are a registered offender, does that mean you have to put a sign on your door at Halloween?:eek:
It's just a registry isn't it? :)

My question is why do we have to register, but these 1/4 scale helicopters and airplanes with 10'+ wing spans doesn't have to....Can't they do more damage than my little DJI Quad ?

....I agree. Your beating a dead horse here.
By the way..... you do NOT have to register "yet".

....I agree. Your beating a dead horse here.
By the way..... you do NOT have to register "yet".

Kind of like how you don't have to register farm equipment, if it stays on your property. Why would I register my drone, if I only fly at my property...

Kind of like how you don't have to register farm equipment, if it stays on your property. Why would I register my drone, if I only fly at my property...
It's a little different since your drone is capable of malfunctioning and automatically flying miles away from your property.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20