Are you guys registering your Phantoms?

Yeah, some of these guys just want to hurry to be on the sex offenders registry, I mean the drone offenders registry, shoot....you know the 1 I'm talking about ....hahahahaha.
(Same difference)

Last edited:
Reactions: GaDrone
Yeah, someof these guys just want to hurry to be on the sex offenders registry, I mean the drone offenders registry, shoot....you know the 1 I'm talking about ....hahahahaha.

I'm still waiting for an air traffic stop at 350FT requesting my ''Drone registration".

Reactions: Jahbass
It's a little different since your drone is capable of malfunctioning and automatically flying miles away from your property.

Just like my dogs or livestock, which are capable of running miles away from my property and causing damage. Oh, wait. I DON"T have to register my dogs or livestock.

Registration and all the rules in the world do nothing to prevent a flyaway/equipment malfunction or mitigate the damage it might cause.

Registration and rules are (according to its proponents) to provide accountability and promote safety. In other words, to prevent intentional and avoidable unsafe activity. In that context, the farm equipment and dogs/livestock comparisons are completely accurate.

Reactions: aka1ceman
It's a little different since your drone is capable of malfunctioning and automatically flying miles away from your property.

And my "unregistered" Goblin 770 helicopter can't do that with autopilot ? It can fly off just like a quad. It would cause a lot more damage I can assure you with 780mm carbon fiber blades.

Lucky you. Where I live, all dogs must be registered and kept on leashes.

You must live in California where everything is regulated. Nancy Pelosi will make sure of that.

You must live in California where everything is regulated. Nancy Pelosi will make sure of that.
I live in PA.

But, to get back on topic, the FAA is not trying to mitigate the damage caused by a flyaway/malfunction. They want to be able to easily track down the person that caused that damage.

Probably not. Just out of principle.

I don't plan on doing anything stupid with my quad anyway, nor do I expect the only people who will enforce this (local police) to care.

Lucky you. Where I live, all dogs must be registered and kept on leashes.
So you admit that a "blanket" rule or law may not be needed everywhere?

So you admit that a "blanket" rule or law may not be needed everywhere?
I'm not sure what you're trying to talk me into.

I think everyone should be required to register dogs -- if that's what you mean. There are a lot of irresponsible dog owners. And, it's not possible to tell which are responsible. This same logic can be applied to drone owners.

I live in PA.

But, to get back on topic, the FAA is not trying to mitigate the damage caused by a flyaway/malfunction. They want to be able to easily track down the person that caused that damage.
.....and I'm still waiting to see any benefit to this process.

I'm not sure what you're trying to talk me into.

I think everyone should be required to register dogs -- if that's what you mean. There are a lot of irresponsible dog owners. And, it's not possible to tell which are responsible. This same logic can be applied to drone owners.

So I guess the government should just control everything we do on a day to day basics. According to you that is the case. Regulation nation.

So I guess the government should just control everything we do on a day to day basics. According to you that is the case.
Hah... and, here you go... jumping off the deep end. I never said everything needs to be regulated. Dogs and drones? Yes, I agree we should regulate both of them.

If everyone was responsible, there would be no need for regulation. Since everyone will never be responsible, regulation is a necessary evil.

Hah... and, here you go... jumping off the deep end. I never said everything needs to be regulated. Dogs and drones? Yes, I agree we should regulate both of them.
Deep end? No, we just choose not to jump into a pool full of excrement.

If everyone was responsible, there would be no need for regulation. Since everyone will never be responsible, regulation is a necessary evil.

I hope we don't have to many registered voters like you or we might be only allowed (1) Drone per household in the near future.

I hope we don't have to many registered voters like you or we might be only allowed (1) Drone per household in the near future.

Sounds like the Burger Meister Meister Burger. "I Hate Toys" "Either they are going or I am going!"

You are what is known as an extremist.

If you really care about what's going on, then you should go spend all of this pent up energy on working directly with the FAA. Badgering people on this forum is not going to help sway the FAA.

Reactions: Meta4
You are what is known as an extremist.

If you really care about what's going on, then you should go spend all of this pent up energy on working directly with the FAA. Badgering people on this forum is not going to help sway the FAA.

Not to single you out, but...

Technically BOTH sides are extremist. There are two, polar-opposite viewpoints and neither agrees to cede ground to the other. I would argue that the "pro-registration" crowd is worse, as they ignore facts, are quicker to demonize opposing viewpoints (e.g. your "extremist" barb) and use false logic to justify their position.

Regardless, it takes two to tango. If the "pro-registration" crowd spent all their "pent up energy" flying instead of arguing and stopped "badgering" those with a different point of view, these discussions would have died off a while ago. It's a two-way street.

If the "pro-registration" crowd spent all their "pent up energy" flying instead of arguing and stopped "badgering" those with a different point of view, these discussions would have died off a while ago.
The discussions are fine. That's why forums like this one exist. My point is that discussing this here is not going to "improve" the situation for those who are currently unhappy with what the FAA is doing. There are only 24-hours in a day, so it would be most beneficial to use them wisely.

I don't mind registering myself with the FAA, the simple form doesn't ask for any information about any actual UAS(s). I do have a big problem with giving them my CC/bank account info for a $5.00 fee that will supposedly be reimbursed. They say it is to "verify" the applicant. I left an email with them, after trying to call them 5 times, and asked for an alternative method of payment. Does anyone else here share this concern and if so have you been able to find another way of registering without giving up such vital information? Thank you in advance for your time.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20