Anyone using the Strong Arm kit from UAVBITS for stress cracks?

By the way, does the strong arm kit not act/function exactly like a washer for the screw/nut? Seems like a tried and true technique.

Far more structural integrity added since those mounting points are now connected to reach other via the plate and so will resist twisting or bending laterally (mostly).

The strong arm kit is now $15. Given the way it is mounted I think it is safe to say that it adds additional structure as well as bigger area to distribute pressure leaving the neck potentially the weak spot.

To me, even if the shell rack at its usual spot, this provides additional insurance against the entire motor separated from the craft with obvious catastrophic result. So why not? I dont see a down side. Worse case I wasted $15. Best case I save $1200.

No brainer really.
i bought a set of these after they first came out.
paid 24.00 for them.
ordered a second set for 14.99 to put on my second phantom.

I have a set of the detachable prop guards mounted and I have to say the mounting bracket appears to add considerable stability to the end of the arm. Not sure if it's worth adding the strong arm version that allows for these or not.

I have a set of the detachable prop guards mounted and I have to say the mounting bracket appears to add considerable stability to the end of the arm. Not sure if it's worth adding the strong arm version that allows for these or not.
I have the same and they have worked well for me even though I don't used the prop guards much anymore.:)

I saw this idea mentioned on the DJI forum and I'm wondering if anyone is using this kit? It basically seems pretty simple by stiffening the ends of the arms with another piece of plastic. I have detachable prop guards on my P3P so the base on my prop guards essentially does the same thing. Just wondering if this Strong Arm kit would be worth using?

Strong Arm reinforcement plates with Motor Caps
I just got the reinforcing plates for my drone after a minor crash caused a fracture in one of the screw holes. they really beef it up. and make the crack a non issue. I also now use the prop guards as well (they would have saved me from the crash if i had them at the time). 2 things to note! what prop guards you use is important, I use 4 hole quick release guards. the ubv website only mentions the 2 hole type, so I emailed the owner and he does make them for 4 hole type and made sure I got the right ones. he was very friendly and helpful. the other part of note has been talked about before but I will mention it again, it is loss of flight to weight with this rig, my current setup has 3 mods, the carbon fiber gimbal guard 7grams, strongarm plates About 75grams, and the prop guards themselves about 113grams. 195grams total, 1g=1sec flight time loss so total loss becomes significant at 3min 25sec. personally I feel its worth it for the protection, but that will be up to each person. hope this helps

Finally got the Permatex plastic safe thread locker delivered and installed these: Standard Tech Operation - Motor Reinforcement Mount for Phantom 4pcs/ Silvery 10570008

They feel solid, and look great. We will see how it goes.

image.jpg

Reactions: Tron_X
Yes the strong arms work great I purchased the carbon fibre set then I seen infinity hobby has aluminum silver and gold color so I order them as well like the fact that they are metal.more weight yes but strength is important.when installing the CF strong arms two of the supports snapped off not to impressed with 3D printed stuff glued and fix them.order 3D printed wifi booster mount from drone evolution same thing cracked installing battery...I live in Canada so when it gets cold plastics don't seem to hold up.notice that 3D printed stuff not working so great...if the printing is made thick it seems to be ok but the thin areas crack easily.

Does this Strong Arm product really work? I removed mine not long ago because I was going to send my Phantom in for repairs (not related to any cracking). A issue with the 1.6 firmware causing vibrations, but that's a different topic. I just haven't got around to installing the reinforcement plates again. I noticed some white nail polish on the bottom of the arms where the plates sit. Scrapped it off with a nail filler. Should I reinstall the plates again for extra strength?

This may be a silly question, but if you're not supposed to have metal anywhere near your P3 when calibrating, why would you attach metal to the actual unit itself?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

This may be a silly question, but if you're not supposed to have metal anywhere near your P3 when calibrating, why would you attach metal to the actual unit itself?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Calibration issues would only be caused by Ferrous metals (i.e. magnetic). These plates are machined aluminum. No interference.

Yes these strong arms work fine I have purchased the carbon fibre then decided to buy the aluminum set.i just don't want to buy another body replacement is about 2-3 hours.safe and sound no problems..

Reactions: Silverwingflinx
So it shouldn't hurt to have the strong arms installed right? Just want to make sure it doesn't cause any harm. Hopefully it helps stress cracks though :p

Well well well take a good look at this even with strong arms!!!!!! Flukkkkkkk....body replacement 2-3hrs 80.00 bucks new shell. it's still under warranty but the hassle!!!! Ccccccrrrraaaaaaccccckkkkkeeeeeddddd Again seems to be more frequent on back motors #3 pod
image.jpeg

Reactions: Kevin Cabral
Well well well take a good look at this even with strong arms!!!!!! Flukkkkkkk....body replacement 2-3hrs 80.00 bucks new shell. it's still under warranty but the hassle!!!! Ccccccrrrraaaaaaccccckkkkkeeeeeddddd Again seems to be more frequent on back motors #3 podView attachment 40428
That's awful! I had mine installed but removed them because I thought I needed a repair from installing firmware 1.6. Haven't installed them back. I used white nail polish for loctite. Noticed white nail polish on the shell and inside the screw holes. Had to scrap them off. Well tried the best I can. Left markings on the shell from the scrapping though. The plastic should handle scrapping no? After your photo, I'm not going to install the plates. Lol...

I am sure I read before that they are a waste of time on the phantom 3 thread on rcgroups. It was a engineer explaining that the stress has to go somewhere and they made it worse.

I might be wrong but worth looking into.

Reactions: Kevin Cabral

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing