Anyone using the Strong Arm kit from UAVBITS for stress cracks?

My P2 has been opened/closed a dozen times with original fasteners (no added TL) and never had any vibrate loose.

If you got that much vibration they'll be other issues noticed first.

Here's how the plates look. Just came back from a 10 min flight test. I checked all the screws. Tried to tighten them all to see if any was loose, none was loose.

Attachments

• 1446668883762-354274801.jpg
    1446668883762-354274801.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 619
Quick question. If you over tighten the retention screw, what exactly will happen? The screw just won't thread anymore and keep spinning? I've cracked screws for other materials, but not plastic.

I have a p3 pro bought in July . It has over 1.8 million ft of flight time on her. I inspect it before every flight and have never had a crack. But I did go ahead and put the strong arm plates on her. I figure they couldnt hurt. She definitely Flys more stable and feels more solid. Only time will tell if these strong plates prevent cracking.

Yeah I knew they were 3d printed I just couldnt think of the word for them not being smooth. They seem to fit the shell fine, Ive got 2 of them sanded down already going to get some silver paint and paint them to match my p3a. But they seem like a decent solution since dji wont give us one. I almost sent my p3 back since it was only like 6 easy flights in when i noticed the first crack but a new one will do the exact same thing and mine flies great with no other issues. I figure eventually dji will redesign the shell then I will just change it out.
Morning......
Bought the strong arm plates...did you use regular sand paper to sand down......Did you use any nail polish on the screws when you installed....hesitant....thanks for your time..James

You should not need to sand them unless you plan on painting them. If you want a different color let me know and I will simply 3D print them in that color for you.

Ive had the strong arm reinforcement plates for a few months have no cracks flies like a dream never used nail polish and have never had to tighten mine

Dear Mike,
You should be able to exchange your Phantom for a new one if you just purchased it.
I hear the shells on the new line are reenforced, but I have not read any reviews as yet.
LUCK has nothing to do with a defective product.
I know it sucks but don't give up it a great hobby.
P.S. Just be prepared, theres a lot of negativity heading our way with all the unfair reporting about drones owners. Government registration is happening now. Join the AMA, members have a good
chance of being exempt from registration.
Sincerely,
William E. Burrows Jr.
Thanks, it is still a on going issue with the return but it is going forward. I joined the AMA about a month ago but I am using my P3P professionally so I will probably need the registration. I am all good with what ever the outcome, it's going to get crazy out there. So many people are still unaware about the crack issues and now DJI is outright lying to vendors about the shell issue.

Lets keep it cool in here guys. Step away from the monitor if you start getting hot under the collar. ;)
He wins, I'm to old to be harassed. I became a member for information about Drones. If a say something stupid I have no problem being pointed in the right direction.
But this forum is not for me.
Best Regards,
William E. Burrows Jr.

He wins, I'm to old to be harassed. I became a member for information about Drones. If a say something stupid I have no problem being pointed in the right direction.
But this forum is not for me.
Best Regards,
William E. Burrows Jr.
Don't pay any attention to the hotheads-- there is a lot of good information here and a lot of calm folks handing it out. Just ignore the ignorable.:):)

Cheers

Reactions: alokbhargava
I am sorry to hear that. The forum has a lot to offer and I am sure that if you were to hang around you would benefit. This is an internet forum like most and are made up of many people from many places. Statements get challenged sometimes so you have to be prepared for that with facts to back up your statements. Everyone who follows the guidelines here are welcome to participate including you. Give it a chance and see how it goes. ;)

Reactions: bobmyers
So back on topic..... I just removed my uavbits Strong Arm brackets after 3mos of flying with them installed. After close inspection of each screw hole, I have no cracks yet, I'm good! I'm not sure if I would have had any cracks without the brackets, I'll never know, but the motor arms sure do feel stronger with less flex when installed. I'm happy, going on strong.

OK.. lets break this down to simple evidence
We have people that don't use any kind of "Strong Arms" support products
We have people that do us a variety of "Strong Arms" support products
Some people with no support don't get cracks
Some people that don't use support do get cracks
Some people that do use support don't get cracks
Some people that do use support do get cracks
We know from another thread that the cracks are very likely NOT heat related
We know from most every crack related thread that at the very least, stock DJI props are close to balanced, but none are perfect. Some are way off.

All that evidence together proves 2 things-
1. It is absolutely random whether you will have a crack issue of not
2. Strong Arms brackets Don't prevent cracks

That's not to say that its WRONG to use added support. But at the same time it definitely says that using them gives zero return.

With that said, I will continue to tell people that spending money on added support, be it Strong Arms or otherwise, is very simply, a waste of money and time.

I will continue to tell people that spending money on added support, be it Strong Arms or otherwise, is very simply, a waste of money and time.

Unless you want to avoid the situations where the motor has ripped away from the arm.

The reinforcements may not stop the cracks, but they will help hold the arms together at their mounting points.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20