Anyone using the Strong Arm kit from UAVBITS for stress cracks?

With out the strong arms it is far worse for cracking I still think that the strong arms help.my first shell was cracked all pods.this post is ment to help and be aware that things still can be a problem.i will still use them with out the strong arms it will be worse.looks like I will have to buy an inspire next time...this is still the V1 shell and to be clear about things I am also using battery mod more weight and flying in sub zero temperatures.i will be installing the new V2 hope this works no more cracking!!!!!i will still use the strong arms as well !!!Fly safe

Last edited:
Well well well take a good look at this even with strong arms!!!!!! Flukkkkkkk....body replacement 2-3hrs 80.00 bucks new shell. it's still under warranty but the hassle!!!! Ccccccrrrraaaaaaccccckkkkkeeeeeddddd Again seems to be more frequent on back motors #3 podView attachment 40428
It shows crack not on the motor mounting screws but somewhere on shell's neck.

Last edited:
I haven't heard any negatives resulting from installing the kit. My phantom is on the way. I will be purchasing a set and installing them.

I haven't heard any negatives resulting from installing the kit. My phantom is on the way. I will be purchasing a set and installing them.
Infinity hobby has alloy strong arms much better.i have the Carbon fibre strong arms as well,but I like the ones from infinity hobby.same price.

image.jpeg
infinity hobby strong arms.

Reactions: UpTo90
How do you like the Infinity hobby ones? Are they heavy? How long did it take to get them? Sorry for all the questions.
I like them better then the carbon fiber.i had ordered them from China it was about a week the shipping is expensive so you might want to take a look at the phantom parts and see if you might want to purchase some other things as well.in the search bar type in phantom not p3.they also have a US ware house.as far as weight yes 8gr a piece x4=32 gr the CF are 8gr for all 4.fly safe!!!

Reactions: moto_jw
I had the uavbits version. I like the idea spreading the stress of the vibration over a larger area. The only issue to be aware of is that some of the cases with a custom cut insert are too snug to allow the extra 2mm radius increase of the motor pods to fit. You'll have to cut and modify the foam to fit it, but then the foam looks ratty. The Think Tank backpack doesn't have that issue, nor does the Chinese Cheapy, however GPC and Microraptor don't fit with strong arms installed.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl