Anyone tried this hood?

Thanks for sharing..I'm liking it more all the time and I haven't even received it yet. Shouldn't have to worry about customs slowing it down.

"DF" - Did it finally turn up - have you tried it out yet? :)

Reactions: Dounin Front
"DF" - Did it finally turn up - have you tried it out yet? :)
Yes- it came last week.
Bottom line: I really like it , mostly because of the extra length of the shield and the weight.

It comes as a flat, very strong piece of plastic with score lines cut in it to fold into shape. I ended up pressing the folds in a vice to get crisp breaks.
They included 2 pieces of velcro to secure the shield to its sides. Unfortunately, they sent 2 hook pieces and no loop pieces. That was no problem - I just used my own.

My old hood, the standard design seen everywhere, has a much shorter shield area. a standard hood for the ipad mini is 6.5" - this new hood is 11" and tilts back around 25 degrees, blocking much more light.

The tilt makes it a little harder to get my fingers up to the top edge of the Mini to tap, but it's worth it I believe.

All in all, I found it well worth the investment. (It's actually less expensive than many crappy ones)
The extra shield length is a real plus.

One note: I also added 2 small pieces of velcro to the back-side corners of my Mini to secure it to the hood. I found that it additionally stabilized things.

Yes- it came last week.
Bottom line: I really like it , mostly because of the extra length of the shield and the weight.

All in all, I found it well worth the investment. (It's actually less expensive than many crappy ones)
The extra shield length is a real plus.

Glad you like it I cant fault mine ether, a great buy for the money ... :)

Reactions: Dounin Front
I've been researching a sun shade for ages. Looked a heap ones from China for next to nothing and for good reason,
The one that I do like is the Hoodman with the extender, as several others have commented.
Hoodman makes many highend eye pieces or loupes and the are involved with pro sports on the cameras and viewers that the refs use.
I'm pretty sure I'll go with that style.

Drone Aviator hood kit for iPad (includes HAV2 & HAV2E) - HAV2KIT in Drones, Phones and Tablet

While it is half the price, the quality of build doesn't seem quite as good. Of course that's just my opinion.
The big thing I find when ordering from mainland China is delivery times. I waited 2 months to get an upgrade for my device holder, it never arrived! I did get a full refund mind you but still.

While it is half the price, the quality of build doesn't seem quite as good. Of course that's just my opinion.
The big thing I find when ordering from mainland China is delivery times. I waited 2 months to get an upgrade for my device holder, it never arrived! I did get a full refund mind you but still.
I think it would be hard to skip to much on quality. It is just a simple piece of stiff plastic wrapped in vinyl.
You can order them on Amazon for $4.00 more and have it by Tuesday guaranteed.
If you do not like it, they have free returns. I think the risk is well worth the $60.00 savings.

I think it would be hard to skip to much on quality. It is just a simple piece of stiff plastic wrapped in vinyl.
You can order them on Amazon for $4.00 more and have it by Tuesday guaranteed.
If you do not like it, they have free returns. I think the risk is well worth the $60.00 savings.
Do you have a direct link to the amazon item?
Thanks

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl