Any using the new hdmi output board with Fat Shark Dominators

Reaction score
We've been cursed with a stretch of extremely sunny days and I'm finding it almost impossible to see my screen. I'm using an Ipad mini with the DJI sun shade and it's just about impossible to see composition and proper exposure.

Has anyone out there successfully used the new HDMI output board with Fat Shark Dominators or any other FPV glasses? I really need to see!

We've been cursed with a stretch of extremely sunny days and I'm finding it almost impossible to see my screen. I'm using an Ipad mini with the DJI sun shade and it's just about impossible to see composition and proper exposure.

Has anyone out there successfully used the new HDMI output board with Fat Shark Dominators or any other FPV glasses? I really need to see!
Yes :) Headplays.

I just flew this weekend in sunny Breckenridge Colorado. It was spectacular using Sony HMZ-T3W. Very little light leakage using the rubber sun shades. I had modified the head mount straps with an easily adjustable construction helmet suspension that easily slips on and off. As soon as I took off my bird flew out of the heavily forested area, my wife had a very difficult time keeping LOS but I easily flew it about and used the small diamond flight director to return to my location. Absolutely great way to fly the P3. Landing was a little rough but the terrain and location of the landing spot made it challenging. It was not until I was airborne I saw a large clearing not to far from where I took off. I will try takeoff from that spot next time. This was a true reconnaissance mission. Recorded in 4K for purpose of terrain analysis after the flight. Got really good information for future use from that flight.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: srweaver69
I just flew this weekend in sunny Breckenridge Colorado. It was spectacular using Sony HMZ-T3W. Very little light leakage using the rubber sun shades. I had modified the head mount straps with an easily adjustable construction helmet suspension that easily slips on and off. As soon as I took off my bird flew out of the heavily forested area, my wife had a very difficult time keeping LOS but I easily flew it about and used the small diamond flight director to return to my location. Absolutely great way to fly the P3. Landing was a little rough but the terrain and location of the landing spot made it challenging. It was not until I was airborne I saw a large clearing not to far from where I took off. I will try takeoff from that spot next time. This was a true reconnaissance mission. Recorded in 4K for purpose of terrain analysis after the flight. Got really good information for future use from that flight.

Outstanding footage! Thanks for the info.

They do look outstanding but I'm concerned about their size. I would like to be able to flip the goggles up and down for visual flight. Is that possible?
It's kinda like a pair of ski goggles, you can pull them up with one hand and position them on your forehead. But that's the case with any goggles that have a sun shield installed.

Outstanding footage! Thanks for the info.

So I searched Craigslist and found a pair of HMZ-T3Ws someone was trying to unload and got them for $400, all the accessories and case. At 1280X720 they are a perfect match for the HDMI output of the P3, equivalent to about 100" tv at 10 feet or so. So here is exactly what you get on the FPV if you haven't seen it before. I wired my remote to my HDMI capture port of my computer and flew my back porch. It looks exactly like that on the FPV except the HMZ-T3W's display is a whole lot bigger.

Reactions: Itay

Yes, I am...

I have tried FPV flight with my iPad Mini 3 using both the BodyGuardz anti-glare screen and the Hoodipad sun shade. The combination was a big improvement, but nowhere near what I had been used to when flying my other FPV aircraft equipped for use with goggles (I was using the Dom V2).

I have since acquired both the HeadPlay "goggles" and the new Dom V3 goggles. They are different in their viewing experience though both are excellent for FDPV use, especially if you are flying long-ish range FPV flights.

On balance I am now tending toward the more traditional FatShark Dominator V3 goggle form factor as they are very easy to pop up on your forehead when you need / want to look at your device screen. The HeadPlays offer an truly amazing FOV an immersive experience and are light, but are very bulky to handle and transport.

Make sure that any goggles you get support a 16:9 aspect ratio so they match up with the DJI Light Bridge output.

:harry

This may help with your question as well. Cheers!
Fatshark Dominator v3 - FPV goggles - Review | DJI Phantom Forum

It was spectacular using Sony HMZ-T3W.

So, do you connect the P3P HDMI board output directly to the Sony HMZ-T3W battery unit?

I need help guys, i can't get a picture on the fat shark v2 when i connect the HDMI cable to the controller. Is there a way to change the settings on the goggles themselves?

I need help guys, i can't get a picture on the fat shark v2 when i connect the HDMI cable to the controller. Is there a way to change the settings on the goggles themselves?
I am not 100% positive for the v2, but for the v3 the module needs to be turned off (v3 has a switch that says 0/1 and you just toggle that and the picture should show up).

Where is that botton on the goggles exactly? I don't see anything that says 0/1

Where is that botton on the goggles exactly? I don't see anything that says 0/1
opposite of the top? lol, by the IPD sliders. v2 might not have something like that, I am just referencing my v3.

So, do you connect the P3P HDMI board output directly to the Sony HMZ-T3W battery unit?

Yup, mini-HDMI on the upgrade board of the DJI controller to the HDMI input on the HMZ-T3W, and drop the battery pack in my pocket of my pants/shorts.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen