Antenna wire broke

Reaction score
So the antenna wire on my Standard broke. Not sure how but I just noticed it when I went to open the antenna out and saw it. See picture below. I found an antenna part for the standard but I'm not quite sure if it's what I need. It looks about right but I'll let you check it out. Here is the link to the part: Buy Phantom 3 - Receiver Antenna 5.8G (Sta) | DJI Store

Attachments

• 20151011_083859.jpg
    20151011_083859.jpg
    806 KB · Views: 500
DJI does not sell that antenna. Try contacting a repair shop. They might have some spares laying around.

Wrong antennas bro . Hold on and will see if I can find what ya need .
Nope ...like msinger said or a member here that has modded theirs and still has that you can get maybe it's time to step it up and
get a better one :)
You gonna have to go in it anyway to fix it or send it off .
This is the second one I've seen so far to break .
From going in mine that cable is almost to short or was in mine and looked to me like too much moving it back and forth
was the cause of it to break . Mine was stretched all it could . No Slack .
Hey...upgrade ;)
Just my thought :)
If ya don't do anything in a couple of weeks I will send ya mine as I'm putting the itelite on mine .

Nope ...like msinger said or a member here that has modded theirs and still has that you can get maybe it's time to step it up and
get a better one :)
You gonna have to go in it anyway to fix it or send it off .
This is the second one I've seen so far to break .
From going in mine that cable is almost to short or was in mine and looked to me like too much moving it back and forth
was the cause of it to break . Mine was stretched all it could . No Slack .
Hey...upgrade ;)
Just my thought :)
If ya don't do anything in a couple of weeks I will send ya mine as I'm putting the itelite on mine .
Upon taking it apart, I did see that the wire is way too short. I don't understand why they did that. I might just go ahead and upgrade to a better antenna. I saw a couple videos of someone showing how to install a new one but had to grind out the opening of the hole so that there was no gap in the controller. Is there a good antenna where I do not have to do that?

When it says that the flat panel is not included, is that the piece on top? I'm not familiar with antennas lol :)
I hadn't read all of that till now but the panel is not included . But that's one way to get the cable out without having to do anything .
Glad you pointed that out ! Gonna get one then just have to drill 2 holes for the itelite ;)

I hadn't read all of that till now but the panel is not included . But that's one way to get the cable out without having to do anything .
Glad you pointed that out ! Gonna get one then just have to drill 2 holes for the itelite ;)
I'm sure you've already saw this but I just came across this. As soon as I find a do it yourself video, I'm going for this.ITE-DBS01 STANDARD for Phantom 3 Standard

Their good . Put one on my P2V awhile back . Is what is going on this one :)
Is not hard to do bro...and you can see it being installed in this section .
All I need Is the video and they can have my money lol. I'm just curious as to where I can get that blue cap over the old antenna opening.

All I need Is the video and they can have my money lol. I'm just curious as to where I can get that blue cap over the old antenna opening.
Just use his other video's as a reference as it's not hard and the pictures in here with this one . That cap ya might can get from a auto part's house .
Thinking about doing it is way worse than doing it . :)
You just have to take your time .

Just use his other video's as a reference as it's not hard and the pictures in here with this one . That cap ya might can get from a auto part's house .
Thinking about doing it is way worse than doing it . :)
You just have to take your time .
Yea I've been looking for it. It doesn't help that I'm on my phone lol. I already have the original antenna wire disconnected. I noticed in the picture from the outside that there are two wires going into the controller. I'm assuming one of them goes to the antenna connection but I don't know where the second wire connects. I'm such a newbie lol.

Yea I've been looking for it. It doesn't help that I'm on my phone lol. I already have the original antenna wire disconnected. I noticed in the picture from the outside that there are two wires going into the controller. I'm assuming one of them goes to the antenna connection but I don't know where the second wire connects. I'm such a newbie lol.
You better get on a screen where you can see . There's 3 cable's . 1 5.8 which is the one that's broke and the other 2 are 2.4 . They will have to come loose also to hook up the itelite antenna panel .

You better get on a screen where you can see . There's 3 cable's . 1 5.8 which is the one that's broke and the other 2 are 2.4 . They will have to come loose also to hook up the itelite antenna panel .
Ok, I was thinking that there might be three. The antenna one I know and the other two are the red and black wires next to it. I'll still look up the pictures if I can find them. I got the antenna off but I stop there til I know everything else.

Ok. I found a thread with a bunch of pictures. Detailed and I don't think I can screw it up. I'll go ahead and remove the two square pieces (I don't know the name of these things lol) and prep my controller so it will be ready to assemble when I finally buy the kit. Thanks for everyones help. It must be a trip to train a newbie lol. I'm sure someday I'll be doing the same thing :)

Ok. I found a thread with a bunch of pictures. Detailed and I don't think I can screw it up. I'll go ahead and remove the two square pieces (I don't know the name of these things lol) and prep my controller so it will be ready to assemble when I finally buy the kit. Thanks for everyones help. It must be a trip to train a newbie lol. I'm sure someday I'll be doing the same thing :)
You won't need those antenna panels no more and is not a problem trying to help someone that will do some research themself's bro :)
Here's one thread Phantom 3 STANDARD antenna upgrade | Page 10 | DJI Phantom Forum
Just ask if ya run into anything your not sure of .The new kit DBS has everything ya need .
Do look at these picture's though on a bigger screen :D

You won't need those antenna panels no more and is not a problem trying to help someone that will do some research themself's bro :)
Here's one thread Phantom 3 STANDARD antenna upgrade | Page 10 | DJI Phantom Forum
Just ask if ya run into anything your not sure of .The new kit DBS has everything ya need .
Do look at these picture's though on a bigger screen :D
That's actually the same page I found lol. I'm on my laptop now. Thanks again for the help.

So the antenna wire on my Standard broke. Not sure how but I just noticed it when I went to open the antenna out and saw it. See picture below. I found an antenna part for the standard but I'm not quite sure if it's what I need. It looks about right but I'll let you check it out. Here is the link to the part: Buy Phantom 3 - Receiver Antenna 5.8G (Sta) | DJI Store
The same thing happened to mine, the guys at the hobby store where I bought it were nice enough to replace with an antenna from a Phantom 2 (its the same)....

Reactions: dirkclod

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl