AMAZON BATTERY - DON'T DO IT

Reaction score
I thought I'd start a new thread to bring it to everyone's attention after commenting earlier in another thread about a battery I'd ordered.
I got home 15 mins ago to find a parcel.
My battery ordered through Amazon has arrived after a months wait.
Link to listing:
DJI Rechargeable 2,200 mAh Smart Battery Compatible: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

Note it is listed as Genuine DJI.

What I have just unboxed is not though. Its a cheap Chinese knock-off. I am complaining to Amazon and demanding a refund. These sellers need banning. I trust Amazon but this has really knocked my confidence in them.
I expect this kind of **** from Ebay, not amazon.

Buyer beware.
The cheeky f***ers have even upped the price since I purchased mine.

Pics attached of the battery I just received.

Attachments

• 20160301_145951.jpg
    20160301_145951.jpg
    583.9 KB · Views: 1,215
  • 20160301_145955.jpg
    20160301_145955.jpg
    630.9 KB · Views: 1,222
  • 20160301_150002.jpg
    20160301_150002.jpg
    544.8 KB · Views: 1,218
  • 20160301_150012.jpg
    20160301_150012.jpg
    634.7 KB · Views: 1,148
I'm confused. The link title you provided is says 2200mAh Smart battery... When I click on it, it links to the genuine DJI battery, the same actual item I have purchased back in Aug 8 according to Amazon. This is the real DJI battery sold by DJI. Did you not buy from DJI? Did you link the right item?

Here's what I'm seeing:
eOyNxvz.png

I bought some props from Amazon too, listing said genuine DJI props. When I received them they were packed and tags like genuine props but the props were not genuine

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

I'm confused. The link title you provided is says 2200mAh Smart battery... When I click on it, it links to the genuine DJI battery, the same actual item I have purchased back in Aug 8 according to Amazon. This is the real DJI battery sold by DJI. Did you not buy from DJI? Did you link the right item?

Here's what I'm seeing:
eOyNxvz.png
Link goes to the same battery I purchased which arrived yesterday as a genuine DJI battery as well.

Ok so this is the first one I ordered... This did not arrive and I was refunded

Attachments

• 1456848090549.jpg
    1456848090549.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 844
This was the second one I ordered, from BUTEFO via Amazon. This one arrived today, the copy.

Attachments

• 1456848162343.jpg
    1456848162343.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 797
Note BUTEFO marked as the sender.

Attachments

• 1456848246098.jpg
    1456848246098.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 828
Simple solution for getting genuine DJI accessories (and not having to wait for shipping), and this is what I do.... if you find a battery or accessory thats shipped via amazon (Prime or whatever) and its a great price, just go to Best Buy or Target and have them price match the item. Then you know youre getting genuine parts. Sure, youll have to pay taxes, but i think paying taxes is worth the peace of mind knowing you got genuine parts!
Like this:
Amazon.com: Powerextra 15.2V 4480mAh LiPo Replacement Battery for DJI Phantom 3 Drones DJI Phantom 3 Professional,DJI Phantom 3 Advanced and DJI Phantom 3 Standard DJI Intelligent Phantom 3 Battery: Camera & Photo

I don't know if this applies to your experience, but I've found that if I've put an item in my wish list, by the time I get around to actual place an order the vendor, and possibly the item itself, might have changed. For important accessories like props and batteries, I won't order through Amazon unless I can verify that the vendor is an authorized DJI dealer.

Strange, I bought the same thing. I got a real DJI battery. When I ordered my battery it came from Beach Camera. I see a different seller this time. While I admit it came through Amazon, the issue is with the seller. Still have to go through Amazon for the refund but if you can get one at the same price from a different seller you may get a good one. Good luck.

Amazon is great about returns, send it back. Also, if you run it through healthy drones you should be able to see the battery details like the serial number etc.

So this is where I'm at... And I may need someone's help, preferably from the UK.
Because the sale was via a Marketplace seller, Amazon don't refund. You have to deal direct with the seller. I have complained to them but I will be asked to return the item TO CHINA at my cost.
No way am I letting this cost me any more.
As the sale was paid using American Express they will perform a charge-back so long as I have something on paper from someone who knows it's fake stating so... Like a second opinion. On headed paper if possible.
Could someone assist me with this? It just needs to state that it is not a genuine DJI product as advertised. I want to pull the rug from under the scam seller.

So this is where I'm at... And I may need someone's help, preferably from the UK.
Because the sale was via a Marketplace seller, Amazon don't refund. You have to deal direct with the seller. I have complained to them but I will be asked to return the item TO CHINA at my cost.
No way am I letting this cost me any more.
As the sale was paid using American Express they will perform a charge-back so long as I have something on paper from someone who knows it's fake stating so... Like a second opinion. On headed paper if possible.
Could someone assist me with this? It just needs to state that it is not a genuine DJI product as advertised. I want to pull the rug from under the scam seller.

Can't you just provide pictures of the original and the fake to highlight the differences? That was enough with Citi card.

I thought I'd start a new thread to bring it to everyone's attention after commenting earlier in another thread about a battery I'd ordered.
Link to listing:

What I have just unboxed is not though. Its a cheap Chinese knock-off. I am complaining to Amazon and demanding a refund. These sellers need banning. I trust Amazon but this has really knocked my confidence in them.

Buyer beware.

O Man, I got a new baterry like 6 weeks ago and I use it just two times, now I think is a fake one, whats the difference? Just check with my phantom and says the same that the other one

Link to listing:

Buyer beware.

That is the same type of battery that I received and returned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK I realise now that although my link was directed to a listing on Amazon.co.uk, when you click it you are being re-routed to the corresponding Amazon.com listing from an entirely different seller.
The .com supplier is DDM Racing, the .co.uk supplier was 'BUTEFO', although now is being fulfilled by 'douself' who was the first supplier I ordered from which didn't even arrive and was subsequently refunded.
I'm not sending this battery back at my cost. The chinese can collect it if they so wish. I will just get a chargeback and remove the money from their account, the assholes.

OK I realise now that although my link was directed to a listing on Amazon.co.uk, when you click it you are being re-routed to the corresponding Amazon.com listing from an entirely different seller.
The .com supplier is DDM Racing, the .co.uk supplier was 'BUTEFO', although now is being fulfilled by 'douself' who was the first supplier I ordered from which didn't even arrive and was subsequently refunded.
I'm not sending this battery back at my cost. The chinese can collect it if they so wish. I will just get a chargeback and remove the money from their account, the assholes.
I don't know how to explain this but when I was going back to my orders and clicking on the battery I purchased a few weeks back that was a legit battery when it came in and the battery I ordered a few days ago, both links would go to the same page with the same comment a reviews but had a totally different seller then when I purchased from the first time I got my drone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan