AMAZON BATTERY - DON'T DO IT

Yeah I might not take the risk and just settle for a real DJI battery!!
Would be emotional seeing my p3p going down in flames!! [emoji17][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Just arrived.
That's more like it!
Happy now

Attachments

• 1457439358479.jpg
    1457439358479.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 362
How much if you don't mind me asking??

Hi Dave
Is the supplier PineApple Uk?
I have the replacement arriving from them today too...
This will be the third identical order from Amazon...3rd time luckey eh? lol
It was supplied and fulfilled by Amazon, it's the only reason I ordered it. When I go onto my account and go to buy another it then takes me to the Pineapple supplied battery though, at a very slight difference in price. I'll check it when I get home but will be p*ssed off if I don't get an original.

never buy any thing off of amazon inless it it is either sold and forfilled by amazon or atleast some thing that even if sold by an different vendor atleast make sure it says forfilled by amazon... Otherwise if you get it from a seller directly you are at there mercy for what ever return policy they have and also amazon can only help you out some but it can still be a real pain in the butt if you have a seller that just dont want to cooperate with you... BUT if the item is atleast forfilled and shipped by amazon then you only have to deal with amazon and there customer servis to do an easy return and get your refund. They even pick up the cost of return shipping and they are a lot easier to deal with then some random vendor who may or may not be cool.

Reactions: Thrasher
How much if you don't mind me asking??

£114 which is not the cheapest I have seen. Plus in my haste to order I somehow neglected to click the 'free postage' option, costing me a further £7.99, lol. Oh well, I'm just glad I eventually have a spare after over 2 months of messing around.
Incidentally, I have seen them around £102 from Ebay sellers, genuine and the sellers have good reps....so could be the way to go.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    35.1 KB · Views: 325
Just got my new one. Doesn't look exactly the same as my original, doesn't have compatible with on it though and came in a DJI box (pic below of the differences). So guessing I'm good with this one...

i-K9pFMJL-3196x1798.jpg

Ahh....... Looks like I might have fallen into the same trap!
Anyone had one of these? If so should I send it back or is it ok?

Amazon.com: Photive DJI Phantom 3 battery. Intelligent replacement Battery Compatible with Phantom 3 Standard, Phantom 3 Advanced, Phantom 3 Professional: Toys & Games

b9ce4427a117863b130694c467b45468.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I fail to see how someone could view this ad and think they were receiving anything but a 3rd party "compatible" battery. Nowhere in the ad does it state this is a DJI battery.

I fail to see how someone could view this ad and think they were receiving anything but a 3rd party "compatible" battery. Nowhere in the ad does it state this is a DJI battery.
I agree. If it says compatible, that means it isn't the real deal.

Alright, maybe I shouldn't of had a couple of G&T's before ordering it! However I was really asking if these batteries are ok with the quad?

That's not Amazon screwing up. It's the supplier. Good thing is Amazon will allow returns almost automatically for just about anything. I returned my P3A for replacement - no questions. All shipping paid by Amazon.

Well that's my mind made up! Took delivery of the Amazon battery and yes it's a crappy knock off!! Went straight out and paid a bit more for a real DJI battery from a shop!
Thought I'd attach a couple of photos to show the difference between them.
Main ones are packaging, battery labelling and the led lights at the top! The fake is awful!! Not to mention how it works, wasn't willing to risk it in my quad!!
On a plus note, Amazon have let me return it, (at the moment) with no problems! Just waiting for the refund!! [emoji15]
d40095276792882c02dadfe35e3d2b25.jpg
6c917f1967644d335180bca2cfcd7608.jpg
59a27962a675a627432757a5755fa54a.jpg
c32df2756e7c59e0dec50187abd515a3.jpg

Sorry, for some reason the top two pics are upside down! The DJI battery in the last two pics is on the left! But I'm sure you guys would have noticed that!!

Just out of curiosity, I would like to see how these fake batteries perform and see the healthy drones info

Hopefully with the latest DJI Go lock out the prices of the clone batteries will drop even more so I can pick one up cheap.

If I put the new battery in the P3P will it update the batteries firmware or do I need to plug it into my computer and update it like I did with the original batteries?
Thanks. [emoji4]

You need to put the latest FW (bin file) on an SD card, then insert to the gimbal as usual and insert the new battery. Turn on the P3 and it will update the battery. Takes about a minute.
I am assuming your P3 FW is already the latest, otherwise it will update both the battery and the P3, so be careful if you don't want to update the bird

Simple solution for getting genuine DJI accessories (and not having to wait for shipping), and this is what I do.... if you find a battery or accessory thats shipped via amazon (Prime or whatever) and its a great price, just go to Best Buy or Target and have them price match the item. Then you know youre getting genuine parts. Sure, youll have to pay taxes, but i think paying taxes is worth the peace of mind knowing you got genuine parts!
Like this:
Amazon.com: Powerextra 15.2V 4480mAh LiPo Replacement Battery for DJI Phantom 3 Drones DJI Phantom 3 Professional,DJI Phantom 3 Advanced and DJI Phantom 3 Standard DJI Intelligent Phantom 3 Battery: Camera & Photo
Unfortunately BestBuy will only price match if it's sold AND fulfilled by Amazon. There are no P3 batteries sold direct from Amazon that are any cheaper than BestBuy retail.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan