AMAZON BATTERY - DON'T DO IT

I think this is managed by Amazon and who the preferred vendor or lowest price is. Not sure how it chooses but I noticed for some items I've purchased it may have been the lowest price but since it was not shipped/fulfilled by Amazon, it would have taken longer to arrive. I've caught these in the past and changed the merchant who I bought from to make sure it was Prime.

Yes I realised this myself. Amazon chop and change marketplace suppliers constantly for the same item. The first one I ordered was from this 'douself' outfit in Germany, the second was this Chinese mob. I won't be using Amazon a 3rd time that's for sure. I'll be ordering direct off a DJI retailer. I expected better from Amazon, this has muddied the water for me.

I've bought a battery from that same Amazon listing and it was genuine. Now, if it had some Chinese writing on the battery it doesn't necessarily mean it's a knockoff (as even the official DJI batteries are Chinese-made).

You need to check your seller, their ratings, and where its shipping from. There are too many sellers on that listing and you need to be vigilant.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Am I missing something here? How did you determine that this is a knockoff battery?

You did see the photo?
Original batteries don't have "compatible with" etched on the side.

If I go shopping for Energizer batteries I don't want the ones that look the same but without "Energizer" printed on them.
This Battery was listed as Genuine DJI, not "like a DJI".

Please tell me this is an attempt at Chinese humour...
Less than half the money back lol.
No thanks I'll have all of it dear.

Attachments

• 1456940895556.jpg
    1456940895556.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 423
Note BUTEFO marked as the sender.

that is in same city and area as DJI corp hq

may be oem supplier is now going direct market,
maybe a magic sales number was hit , freeing the no compete..

it was around feb/march last year(15)that the p2 limefuels hit the market place.
and they were solid.

*UPDATE*
- Seller offered half the money back if I kept the battery.
- I refused and demanded full refund.
- Seller says ok send the battery back.
- I got Amazon to make the seller agree to all return shipping charges.
- Found that all UK couriers refuse to carry batteries! Even if I resubmitted as 'electronics' they wanted further detail, warning of legal action should it be in the "list of prohibited items" which this battery definitely is (god knows how the retailers get by this rule).
- Seller again offers a 50% refund (basically a duplicate of the earlier offer). At this point I refused further communication with the seller.
- Informed Amazon and said the Chinese supplier is welcome to arrange collection of the offending battery but rules are preventing me from posting it.
- Email this morning from Amazon stating full refund and keep the battery.

If the seller had supplied what they claimed they were none of this needed to happen.
Case closed.

Reactions: randykahl
I got the same battery when I ordered an authentic DJI battery from Amazon.
I am an Amazon Marketplace seller and the issue is somewhat caused by Amazon. They do not want sellers making up new listings for the same item as already listed on Amazon. If a seller was to make a new listing for a knockoff battery Amazon will often combine the ASIN (Amazon's item number) to the original battery and delete the other listing. This is how knock off items end up being unwittingly purchased by buyers.
We fought with Amazon for months trying to get them to stop doing this with people listing knock offs of an item we manufacture. Basically they just ignored our complaints and we gave up and stopped selling many items on Amazon.
The up side is that Amazon has a liberal return policy and you can send it back and order another one, from another seller.

Reactions: LWC1496
I got the same battery when I ordered an authentic DJI battery from Amazon.
I am an Amazon Marketplace seller and the issue is somewhat caused by Amazon. They do not want sellers making up new listings for the same item as already listed on Amazon. If a seller was to make a new listing for a knockoff battery Amazon will often combine the ASIN (Amazon's item number) to the original battery and delete the other listing. This is how knock off items end up being unwittingly purchased by buyers.
We fought with Amazon for months trying to get them to stop doing this with people listing knock offs of an item we manufacture. Basically they just ignored our complaints and we gave up and stopped selling many items on Amazon.
The up side is that Amazon has a liberal return policy and you can send it back and order another one, from another seller.

Yeah I kinda figured this was going on with the listings due to the photos and description remaining identical but the suppliers changing regularly.
So do you think the Chinese supplier wanted to list this as a 'compatible' battery and it is Amazon who forced the listing to be seen as the genuine product?
Or was the supplier knowingly misleading buyers?

I was in the exact same position . Purchased what I thought was a genuine batt from Amazon (listed DJI as the make etc), knew it was coming from China but assumed that's why it was cheaper (£109.99). Arrived in a box with pink bubble wrap as per the OP, was a blatant copy- dull/different LEDs, slightly different button recess, different writing etc. BUTEFO was the seller aswell, but to give them their dues- they responded to every email promptly, agreed to refund me on the first email, gave me a UK return address (in Bicester I think? Probably just a half way warehouse address), and also agreed to refund postage if sent via Royal Mail. Post office didn't have a problem or query the package- even had the LiPo warning label printed and stuck on the jiffy bag too. Sent it tracked and provided them with the tracking details. Once delivered I had the refund processed and credited back to my account within about 5 days. They said they'd paypal me the postage- which they did after another email. My only gripe was that I had to pay fees on the paypal refund so lost out 40p an it all. But overall I was impressed with their customer service as I was half expecting them to really mess about and refuse the refund or say that it hadn't been delivered etc.
Learnt my lesson anyway and bought a genuine one for full price from a local shop.

Glad you got sorted in the end.

I've got a battery being delivered today from Amazon. Stated supplied and fulfilled by Amazon. Ordered it Sunday along with a few other bits. I'll report back what I received when I get home...

Dave (UK)

I've got a battery being delivered today from Amazon. Stated supplied and fulfilled by Amazon. Ordered it Sunday along with a few other bits. I'll report back what I received when I get home...

Dave (UK)

Hi Dave
Is the supplier PineApple Uk?
I have the replacement arriving from them today too...
This will be the third identical order from Amazon...3rd time luckey eh? lol

Ahh....... Looks like I might have fallen into the same trap!
Anyone had one of these? If so should I send it back or is it ok?

Amazon.com: Photive DJI Phantom 3 battery. Intelligent replacement Battery Compatible with Phantom 3 Standard, Phantom 3 Advanced, Phantom 3 Professional: Toys & Games

b9ce4427a117863b130694c467b45468.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Yes mate...the clue is in the word "compatible"
Unless of course that is what you intended to buy. But for that price you can buy a genuine battery.

I'm picking it up in the US.
Do you reckon I'll be able to send it back?
Also how do you tell if it's Amazon market place over Amazon itself?

Not saying this is the case, but it is very possible that dji compatible battery is actually the exact same as those sold from Dji with different branding/outlet.

It's hard to tell as you are able to choose to create a new ASIN or use an existing one. In my case, the Chinese supplier was definitely trying to scam people as I got the same "we are sorry for the mistake, keep the battery and we will give you 50% off" as others have been offered. I thought about it to have a spare but within a day or two of receiving that email I started getting strange battery errors on both my P3 Standard and Professional and decided it wasn't worth the risk of a $500-$1000 piece of equipment over a battery.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan