Albuquerque, NM, phantom pilots.

got a second bat yesterday which doubles the PITA aspect of it...I need to get out of my yard. Go somewhere and fly two 10-minute flights. Maybe the city park a couple miles from me.

Are you doing the 10/10 routine? I.e. only fly 10 minutes, about half battery, let the battery cool, charge up, repeat for a total ot 10 times.
No I guess I didn't know about this either. Maybe that was in a manual somewhere? I will definitely do that for the next flight. I can see the PITA part of it. I dont have a place to fly close to my house.

No I guess I didn't know about this either. Maybe that was in a manual somewhere? I will definitely do that for the next flight. I can see the PITA part of it. I dont have a place to fly close to my house.

I am on the edge of Rio Rancho. If I go down 5 blocks, there is a trailhead and a few parking spots. It is on the edge of Corrales. There is an area where the mesa drops down to Corrales, like a natural dividing line. It is populated on top, on the RR side, but more open with a trail going down into Corrales. Otherwise it is about 2 miles to the RR Sports Complex.

i would pay more attention to the battery percentage than the actual time. if its windy it uses the battery much quicker.

I'm in the north valley, there's a large acequia behind my house. its like a huge runway , only down side to flying back there is the wind gets funky and it can act like a wind tunnel,

By trade im an engineer that works from home so its really nice to be able to take a quick break from work and go flying.

My new P4 has arrived !!
Ill get all the updates completed and review settings in the next few days,
Hope to fly Monday.
Congrats....btw, if you are going to fly from your place, maybe I could swing by and let you see my first crash :)

Reactions: TedN
I'm in the north valley, there's a large acequia behind my house. its like a huge runway , only down side to flying back there is the wind gets funky and it can act like a wind tunnel,

By trade im an engineer that works from home so its really nice to be able to take a quick break from work and go flying.

I am also an engineer who works from home :) I just went out and took a quick flying break at lunch. Ran for 10 min exactly, which was about 46% battery life. 8 more times I guess... Thanks for all the tips guys.

I am also an engineer who works from home :) I just went out and took a quick flying break at lunch. Ran for 10 min exactly, which was about 46% battery life. 8 more times I guess... Thanks for all the tips guys.

I guess theres a type that flies phantoms, its funny last year i went to fly with one of the guys on this forum who is also an engineer ;) if you guys want to take the trek down to the north valley sometime. id be glad to impart as much knowledge as i can!

I guess theres a type that flies phantoms, its funny last year i went to fly with one of the guys on this forum who is also an engineer ;) if you guys want to take the trek down to the north valley sometime. id be glad to impart as much knowledge as i can!
I guess computer and photography geek falls into that same category...I had titles like field engineer, networking engineer, etc. I think there is a type of person that tends to techy things, both in career and in hobbies. Some of these same people also see photography as a technical field, but with a way to at least have a modicum of creativity.

Isn't North Valley pretty crowded? Is there enough of a view for a rookie who wants to keep my baby in line of sight?

6a5f6cc7-c3f3-49f3-a6cc-98bb867ef4ea.jpg@!1200

Heres a shot of where i fly, the acequia or ditch is my runway :) about the width of a 3 or 4 lane highway.

There are a couple places like that in N. Valley...like east of Edith and along 2nd. I shoot 360X180s, but not aerial.

If my eyeball is right, you would have to be south of Osuna to be out of the NFZ? If there is no wind, then the people at the park get a sky full of balloons, and elsewhere gets nothing..but I have to assume no wind is the rarity and it will be blowing one way or the other.

I did something stupid yesterday and flew down to 1%.
I learned that below 10%, the bird will automatically decent. Had to hold the stick up to keep it at altitute while I was bringing her home.

Sent from my Notes using Tapatalk

I live here in the Duke City. I just got my P3S about a week and a half ago. I have done close to 30 flights with it already and have enjoyed it quite a bit. I fly over here on the NW side. It would be great to meet up with a few other Phantom flyers.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl