Albuquerque, NM, phantom pilots.

Our apps have got to be different. I'm running the newest update of B4UFLY on Android. I checked all of the settings and options, and there's nothing like what you described.
-------------------------------
I'm running it on an iPad, and I think it's the latest version, v 1.2 for the Apple stuff.

Pardon me for dropping in :) I found the string as I am an about to be Phantom crasher. I am glad to find there are some others in the are who might want to witness said crash :)

I tried to find the B4UFly app and couldn't locate it at the Playstore. Through Google I found a link and signed up for a Beta:

Sign in - Google Accounts

It had a link from there back to the store to get the app.....their link was broken?

Anyway, thanks for being there so to speak :)

My new P4 has arrived !!
Ill get all the updates completed and review settings in the next few days,
Hope to fly Monday.

Howdy. New Phantom Pilot here. Phantom 4 should be here today. Just wanted to stop in and say hello.

I live out in Ventana Ranch. Just curious if anyone lives out this way, and knows and good places to fly for a new pilot? The Double Eagle Airport is out this way, along with its associated Class D airspace. Anyone have any luck contacting ATC at that airport?

Welcome! I've never flown out that way, ive heard its a painless process, just call to let them know you'll be flying

Yeah, I will give them a call for sure before flying. Just was a little nervous, as a first timer ;)

hehe, i know the feeling, I still nervous at times and ive been flying phantoms for almost 2 years. id highly recommend going to a big wide open park for your first several flights. took a month or so before i felt confident.

Cool. Thanks for the advice. Any problems with flying in city parks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

only the constant questions from passers by ;) normally i don't mind but can get irritating if your really trying to focus.

Just got back from my first flight. Found some dirt bike trails off of Unser right before you get to Rio Rancho. Had a great time flying. Just need to figure out how to get sand out of the gimbal...

It is super addicting. I can't wait to get charged up and back out there.

Just got back from my first flight. Found some dirt bike trails off of Unser right before you get to Rio Rancho. Had a great time flying. Just need to figure out how to get sand out of the gimbal...

When I'm out in the desert filming our RZR rides I always launch from the top of the case and then hand catch. I do my best to keep it away from the dust.

When I'm out in the desert filming our RZR rides I always launch from the top of the case and then hand catch. I do my best to keep it away from the dust.
Yep lesson learned. I blew the gimbal out with a compressor and hopefully I got it all. Seems to function normally again. Before, it would get stuck and not move with the sand in it. Good idea on launching from the case.

same goes with the motors. be careful, I typically disassemble my phantom once every month or so to clean it, with the screened vents on the motors hopefully the P4 won't need it as often !

Are you doing the 10/10 routine? I.e. only fly 10 minutes, about half battery, let the battery cool, charge up, repeat for a total ot 10 times.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic