Albuquerque, NM, phantom pilots.

I am up in Angel Fire, so if any of you guys ever get up this way, shoot me a note...plenty of great places to fly up here. Right now, I am putting together b-roll of all of the Fall color changes. That video will be a couple of more weeks before I start putting it together, but here is one from the area.

Im in Rio Rancho,
This is my first distance flight following 528 North.

Cool, I live in Rio Rancho. I know the area you've flown well.
I'm just to west of you; 1 block west of Idalia, between Kim and Iris

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Im at Sonora and Carson.
So much room at my house I fly from my driveway.

Been doing a bit of searching and haven't found anything. Does anyone know about Albuquerque ordinances that restrict the flight of our aircraft?

Been doing a bit of searching and haven't found anything. Does anyone know about Albuquerque ordinances that restrict the flight of our aircraft?
I haven't heard of any restrictions in ABQ. I live up in Angel Fire, so I am not a up-to-date with what all is happening down south - but I haven't heard of anything yet.

last summer when someone crashed into the crowd at summerfest two weekends in a row, the city council suggested a ban at public events. I don't believe any thing came of it, but i can't find any details to confirm or deny either.

Reactions: SunsetCatcher

It should be interesting to see how this plays out in the future with municipalities vs FAA. I don't believe local municipalities can restrict flights, once its in the air its up to the FAA

I've only been flying the P3S for about two weeks now, but have flown the Rio Grande, a few random parks, the foothills, and near Piedras Marcadas Petroglyphs. I have a few cool flights planned for this weekend too. Still trying to get the hang of things.

i saw your flight in downtown very cool, how did you set up the flight since its in a no fly zone?
Call KABQ ATCT/Flight Op days in advance to schedule. Give location, heading, distance, and approximate times.
Also, a big thanks for watching!

I've only been flying the P3S for about two weeks now, but have flown the Rio Grande, a few random parks, the foothills, and near Piedras Marcadas Petroglyphs. I have a few cool flights planned for this weekend too. Still trying to get the hang of things.
Looks good.
My only suggestion would be to go into controller settings and slow down the pan (side to side) speed.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl