Aircraft unable to connect

Reaction score
I unfortunately crashed. I was required to replace the gimbal and camera assembly. I am able to control the aircraft with the remote module; however, on my phone it tells me "UNABLE TO CONNECT TO AIRCRAFT".
I have deleted the app and reinstalled it.

Please Advise.

Thank you,

Joe

Assuming you have a P3S (unless you're in the wrong forum), did you remember to connect your phone to the Phantom wifi? I've forgotten to do that and had the same message.

More info.. drone type, crash details, display device.

Assuming you have a P3S (unless you're in the wrong forum), did you remember to connect your phone to the Phantom wifi? I've forgotten to do that and had the same message.
Yes, I have connected to the wifi and received the wifi connected message on my phone.

More info.. drone type, crash details, display device.
Phantom 3 Standard.
Was filming a Fire Dept drill and I walked under power lines (drone was in clear area). My assumption is that the drone lost contact with me and went to the 200ft mark to find me, unfortunately it ascended into an oak about 75 ft up. fell to ground hard. casing intact but gimbal (not so much).
Replaced the gimbal and cable. No connection. figured more damage occurred to camera then was visible.
Replaced the gimbal and camera assembly and still no connection.
I can fly without my phone connected so the controller works, but I receive the message "UNABLE TO CONNECT TO AIRCRAFT".
I am using my LG android. Have had no issues prior to crash.
Joe

Re-link?

Warning to all, If he re links and it fails, he may not be able to fly.
I have been part of at least three of these threads.
Camera gimbal problem. If you cant link the remote to the bird, it won't fly.

Some have re-attched a working gimbal temporally, re-linked the remote, removed the gimbal just so they can fly again, still of coarse no telemetry and live image.

@sandstromjm
You still have a problem, and remember on a P3s your Mobile connects to the remote, not the phantom, the Telemetry and live feed comes from the Phantom to the remote on WiFi on two separate channels. The remote sends this to your mobile.

I will look for some of these threads.

Rod

I have taken the aircraft apart and reassembled. Looking for loose or broken wires or the motherboard. No issues found.
Aircraft is linked to the controller.
Green light is on and I am able to fly the aircraft and operate the gimbal.
Message on my phone says "controller signal weak".
Unable to view camera and aircraft status.
On home screen tells me "remote connected" "connect aircraft".
New sd card.
No firmware update for standard unless connected through the app.
DJI offers update via website for advanced and professional not standard.
Now what???????

Sent from my VS986 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: madara

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl