Sorry, Thanks for clarifying, I followed the beginning one for a while till I say about 3 rc messed up. Had not followed the new ones (FIX my) very far.
Rod

Sorry, Thanks for clarifying, I followed the beginning one for a while till I say about 3 rc messed up. Had not followed the new ones (FIX my) very far.
Rod

No worries, I helped on both sides and trying to downgrade my bird right now.

Well, I put the 1.5 FW on the SD card and held the sync button for about 10 seconds and starting to get the firmware upgrade sounds. I currently have a Red/Green light blinking and lots of beeping.

Well dam! That seem to have worked!

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:14 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: P3C_FW_V01.05.0070.bin
Upgrading ...
Result: Success.

OK so yeah, can confirm that after forcing a downgrade that it did work.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160628-194732.png
    Screenshot_20160628-194732.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 983
I also just took it out for a test flight and was able to get more distance then I have yet here in my suburb. I never could get over 1600ft without losing signal and RTH happening. I just got 2k before it happened.

I also just took it out for a test flight and was able to get more distance then I have yet here in my suburb. I never could get over 1600ft without losing signal and RTH happening. I just got 2k before it happened.
Between steps 5 and 6 did you connect the rc to the ac?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I had been pondering on doing this for a while but the OP convinced me and just now I went ahead. Used the method detailed but I did NOT hold the link button while turning on; five mins later it was done and back on 1.5.7

Terrible wind here today but I couldnt resist.....took off and went straight up to 120m.....perfect video even directly overhead!! then shot out 250m distance before hitting the limit I had forgotton was set but still, good enough to prove my video is back even at 120m alt and 250m distance and that was through a mass of thick trees too!! Brilliant! Proof I think that it was a firmware issue and not the hardware one put forward by DJI!!

Cant wait for some better weather!!

Reactions: dirtybum
The back lights on my quad flash yellow. Is that a problem?

Just tested this and range is much better! Maxing out at 720 meters (2,360ft) before downgrading, got 930m (3,050ft) after.

Just tested this and range is much better! Maxing out at 720 meters (2,360ft) before downgrading, got 930m (3,050ft) after.

When I turn on my P3S with the SD card it it and holding the link button, the P3S's back lights flash green and the P3S beeps for like 40 minutes until I just manually turn it off. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong??

There's a little light (very small, pinhole sized) just above the camera that went green when it was complete (think it was red or blinking red while downgrading). During the downgrade it beeped 4 times every few seconds, then a longer beep followed by 2 shorter beeps (again, repeating itself every few seconds) to indicate that it's done. It took me about 15-20 mins.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

My light blinks green then turns green at the beginning.

My light blinks green then turns green at the beginning.

At 6.10 this is the lights/noises it made when the downgrade was in progress, and 26.10 when complete:

Do you have the file in the root of the SD card? Also, which firmware are you going from and to (I went from 1.6.80 to 1.5.7)?

Also, this is where I got the file: Manual Downgrade Phantom 3 Standard (for FW 1.6.80 issue), and from there I followed these steps (I think there the same as post 1, but I can't check this at the moment, writing from my mobile).

Hope this helps!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31