I'm going from 1.6.8 to 1.5.7 and yes I downloaded the file from that link and its in the root of the SD card.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

This is good news, both times mine was screwed up it, it was only good for selfies, I also had a single finger bird in the air.

Mines working great since I got it back, haven't gone to 1.6.8 and staying the way it is. :)

When I turn on my P3S with the SD card it it and holding the link button, the P3S's back lights flash green and the P3S beeps for like 40 minutes until I just manually turn it off. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong??

I'm sure it has worked for others but I didnt hold the link button down at all (think I forgot that bit) and I was really surprised how quickly it went! My phone didnt show any fw update activity for a few mins then suddenly a red bar popped up showing 'Downgrade....50%' The number ticked upwards and completed in about five mins.

If you are still stuck, I would try repeating but without pressing the link button?

Should I unzip/extract the 1.5.7 file or no?

Just wondering. Are you putting 1.5.7 into drone itself, not remote ?
If so, how is that changing power levels for the remote ? RTH kicks in where drone looses signal from the remote.
Only remote is trasmitting at 5.8... not the drone.
Interesting.

If so, how is that changing power levels for the remote ? RTH kicks in where drone looses signal from the remote.
Interesting.

So the idea it seems that there was an issue with 1.6 and with using 1.5 on the bird it helps. For the most part, it seems to.

Interesting.

Also, im FCC already so I am not changing TX power anymore since mine jumps by itself by default. Maybe something the same is happening with 5.8 as with the linux hack we are not touching that?

Interesting.

Well.....good question! The drone gets 1.5.7 obviously but I haven't checked what happens to the remote....

The older FW seems to make everything on the drone a bit more sensitive perhaps? I noticed 2-3 more sattelites showing during my test flight! 1.6.8 had me seeing 6-9 most of the time but with 1.5.7 I am getting 8-13! just the occasional drop to 'low gps' but I do live in a deep valley!

Haven't turned it on since my test as it is still blowing a gale here :-( I will check what FW is showing on the remote

Well.....good question! The drone gets 1.5.7 obviously but I haven't checked what happens to the remote....

The older FW seems to make everything on the drone a bit more sensitive perhaps? I noticed 2-3 more sattelites showing during my test flight! 1.6.8 had me seeing 6-9 most of the time but with 1.5.7 I am getting 8-13! just the occasional drop to 'low gps' but I do live in a deep valley!

Haven't turned it on since my test as it is still blowing a gale here :-( I will check what FW is showing on the remote

Yes, please let me know as I'm about to put 1.5.7 myself hoping it improves 5.8 uplink.

Updated/downgraded to 1.5.7+ just, just put firmware onto card via link in this thread. Then turned on drone and remote connected to DJI go app(without card inserted) then inserted card and it started to update/downdate. Took only 7min tops. Then all seems to work fine. Test coming tomorrow!!!! Hopefully I'll get a range test with my dbs mod. Check my YouTube channel "1800BigRob" in a few days. Hope it makes a better distance. As I got before upgrade 1.5klm with windsurfer over water. Cheers

I've downgraded drone to 1.5.7
But the remote didn't seem to take any changes.
How do you know when your remote also gets downgraded ?

My RC shows
root@dji:~# cat /etc/firmware_version
hardware version:WM321-01
loader version:00.00.00.01
software version:01.00.09.56

I just flew with 1.5.7 and did not notice any difference at all.
The amount of satellites still same. BTW It's not a real measure since that number changes during the day... GPS satellites are not geostationary. you will see different ones throughout the day. Sometimes more sometimes less.

orbits.gif

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl