Advice with P2 Software /Firmware

Reaction score
Was hoping the group could give me some direction....

It has been some time since I've flown my P2 (or anything at all for that matter). I know back then, DJI was updating software at a pretty good rate. I just fired up the Assistant software and it looks like I'm running version 1.8. I tested controller input from within and all looks good.

My question is do I *need* to upgrade at the level I am at? I know new software / firmware may open up a can of worms I don't want to get into if everything is running fine the way it is. But, having been out of touch for so long, I'm not sure which updates are crucial and which are optional.

I do not use the stock controller, but do use the original receiver and the H3-2D gimbal. Any advice for moving forward with flying again would be greatly appreciated!

In my opinion, if it's working fine for you, you don't need to upgrade the firmware. I'm not aware of any crucial updates for the P2.

Muddie said:
Was hoping the group could give me some direction....

It has been some time since I've flown my P2 (or anything at all for that matter). I know back then, DJI was updating software at a pretty good rate. I just fired up the Assistant software and it looks like I'm running version 1.8. I tested controller input from within and all looks good.

My question is do I *need* to upgrade at the level I am at? I know new software / firmware may open up a can of worms I don't want to get into if everything is running fine the way it is. But, having been out of touch for so long, I'm not sure which updates are crucial and which are optional.

I do not use the stock controller, but do use the original receiver and the H3-2D gimbal. Any advice for moving forward with flying again would be greatly appreciated!

Up to you... There have been a lot of bug fixes in the firmware upgrades... And some performance improvements. I can say that at the moment... The most current firmware seems pretty stable and judging from the boards hasn't been causing many people heartache...

But there's certianly something to be said for the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" thinking :). I just havent seen any significant downside to the updates... And the battery self draining function (after log periods of storing fully charged batteries it drops the batteries to a proper storage level) was a cool enough thing for me to want that :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl