Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

abnormal signal input

Discussion in 'Phantom 1 Help' started by aaronChip, May 8, 2013.

1. aaronChip

my phantom just beeps at me when i plug the battery in, the manual says it is an "abnormal signal input" I;m trying to get help but nobody has given me any answers. please help

2. Darrell1

Did this problem just start occuring after the firmware upgrade? It did that to me. I had to remove the USB, plug it back in, install firmware again and everything was fine.

3. jumanoc

Try these steps in order:
    1) Download and install DJI Naza Assistant and Download and install Phantom Driver from:
    http://www.dji-innovations.com/download/phantom-downloads/
    2) Open Naza Assistant,
    3) Power your TX with left stick full down.
    4) Connect Phantom with USB port in PC
    5) Power your phantom with battery. In assistant do Upgrade Firmware if available.
    6) Go TOOLS menu and do Advanced Calibration (Read Pop Up messages when you move mouse over options)
    7) After 5-10 minutes calibration end. Disconnect battery
    8) Disconnect USB. TX still on !
    9) Repower Phantom and see what happended. It must be OK.

4. aaronChip

i tried all that, no dice, the software is not communicating with the drone, and nothing works.

5. Audaciter

Is this a brand new Phantom that has never run before, or did it work for a while, and then develop a problem ?

If it is new, just return it, unless you live somewhere remote, and had trouble getting it shipped to you.

Does the Phantom radio work at all ? If not, then you may have to remove the top shell, and push the little button on
    the teeny tiny receiver, to bind the receiver and radio.
    Make sure the radio is on first, with the throttle lever all the way down, before you plug in your battery, even if you are connecting to the Naza Assistant.

Unable to connect to the Naza Assistant ? Did you download the drivers for your computer first ?

What is the L.E.D doing ?