3d mapping/imaging

So how do you handle trees near the building? I would use my house as an example, but I have several large trees nearby (one tree hangs over one corner of my roof). Just careful flying?

So how do you handle trees near the building? I would use my house as an example, but I have several large trees nearby (one tree hangs over one corner of my roof). Just careful flying?
When I did my test flight for Betterview I used my house which also has a couple of trees up against it. I just skipped over those sections. Not much else you can do. Got as close as I could on either side. So far none of the real jobs have had trees against them. Betterview gives their number and email with each job so if you have questions or concerns they can advise. They even provide you with a weather map calendar on the order so you can see the best weather day to schedule the flight.

When I did my test flight for Betterview I used my house which also has a couple of trees up against it. I just skipped over those sections. Not much else you can do. Got as close as I could on either side. So far none of the real jobs have had trees against them. Betterview gives their number and email with each job so if you have questions or concerns they can advise. They even provide you with a weather map calendar on the order so you can see the best weather day to schedule the flight.
Cool - do you know if you are covered by their insurance or are you on your own for insurance?

Do you think there is an app out there that you could put a polarizing filter on, and get a bathymetric (mapping of lakes) map done using a drone?
Or would even be possible?

Do you think there is an app out there that you could put a polarizing filter on, and get a bathymetric (mapping of lakes) map done using a drone?
Or would even be possible?
Even in the clearest water you're not going to get enough penetration to pick up points for photo alignment and depth reconstruction. I've had it work in a couple of feet with clear water, but that's about all. The Riegl BathyCopter uses a laser detector and claims depth measuring up to 1.5 Secchi depth, so there are some shallow water tools out there, but they're expensive.

I've tried using drone deploy with my P34k but when I do the preflight check list everything checks out except the controller flight switch and upload of waypoints. It doesn't make sense to me I've doubled checked everything to make sure it's in F mode and all my waypoint setting were correct. Any advice from anyone?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Even in the clearest water you're not going to get enough penetration to pick up points for photo alignment and depth reconstruction. I've had it work in a couple of feet with clear water, but that's about all. The Riegl BathyCopter uses a laser detector and claims depth measuring up to 1.5 Secchi depth, so there are some shallow water tools out there, but they're expensive.
Yeah, takes a blue-green laser for maximum penetration and even in the clearest water, your limited to a few meters. Been there, done that.

8d7ba94fa3c6d024efd5bd74de3e02f4.jpg

This is the problem I keep running into

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka