3d mapping for phantom 4 pro plus

Reaction score
Hi, I've just bought a new phantom 4 pro plus (built in screen) does anybody no if I can find a way to complete 3d mapping! I've tried a few apps like Drone Deploy and Pix4Dcapture but cant find a way to connect to my drone! as the Phantom 4 Pro plus automatically starts its own app!
I still have my old DJI phantom 2 vision plus, which I'm hoping can still achieve 3d mapping? hoping a few of you guys/girls have had experience in this field and can offer a little help and advice. many thanks Tom...

Hi, I've just bought a new phantom 4 pro plus (built in screen) does anybody no if I can find a way to complete 3d mapping! I've tried a few apps like Drone Deploy and Pix4Dcapture but cant find a way to connect to my drone! as the Phantom 4 Pro plus automatically starts its own app!
At the moment you can't load additional apps to the P4 pro+
DroneDeploy is a great product and the P4 pro is going to be a much better proposition than an old P2 machine for the camera and flight time as well as all the refinements that have been introduced since the P2.
Unfortunately DD have not released their Android version for the P4 pro (not +) yet but they have an apple version released already and the Android version should be released soon.
If mapping is a big thing for you, you could try selling the pro+ or the controller and buy a regular 4pro or controller.

Reactions: droneseyeview
I've tried using drone deploy with my P34k but when I do the preflight check list everything checks out except the controller flight switch and upload of waypoints. It doesn't make sense to me I've doubled checked everything to make sure it's in F mode and all my waypoint setting were correct. Any advice from anyone?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I have a similar question as we want to use Drone Deploy with the 4 Pro Plus and it won't work with the android screen. Is it safe/possible to link the aircraft to my other Phantom 4 controller and then run it off my iPad there?

I have a similar question as we want to use Drone Deploy with the 4 Pro Plus and it won't work with the android screen. Is it safe/possible to link the aircraft to my other Phantom 4 controller and then run it off my iPad there?
You could use a P4 pro controller but the regular P4 controller isn't compatible

You could use a P4 pro controller but the regular P4 controller isn't compatible
Thanks. I have found out my only good option is to buy a regular P4 Pro controller which I can use when using mapping software. Big oversight on DJI's part to not put a USB port on the Plus controller so you could overide the built-in screen.

Reactions: droneseyeview
I agree with the above comment in a big way now! I should have known Not to buy the P4Pro+, but the group at work that will be using this unit said they didn't want to fool with a tablet.

Short-Story...I'm sending this one back tomorrow and getting the P4 Pro and an iPad Air2 cellular for them to use.

Major Cons
1. Built-in Screen Too Small -
This model with the built-in screen is probably best for a recreational/hobbyist that will just fly around shooting manually, but for more serious users or professionals trying to use for an inexpensive mapping solution it isn't the solution. Need at least an iPad Mini 4 or the iPad Air2.

2. Built-in Screen Crashes - Nuff said! First two flights it crashed 7 times while setting it up and then once during the first flight and twice during the second flight. FUN PART is that you get to power-cycle the RC while your P4Pro is flying.

3. DJI Go4 App Only - Like others spoke about before...You only get to use the DJI Go4 app for now because the DJI GS Pro app isn't available yet for Android or any other apps be installed on the P4Pro RC like Litchi or AutoPilot. The solution DJI has for this is just not acceptable for users that won't have time to plan online because of changing job conditions. Even if it was the #1 & #2 Con would still be a problem! DJI shouldn't have rushed this for release!

Minor Pro's
1. Built-in Screen -
While it's convenient to have built-in to the RC and you don't have to deal with the issues of using a mobile phone with text notifications, emails and calls during a flight, I'd rather put the extra $300 into a tablet like the iPad Mini4 with Cellular and have all the usability that comes with the tablet.

2. Super Bright Screen - This screen's brightness blows away the brightest tablet with a good sunshade. The newer iPads do a decent job without a sunshade and even the NVidia screen is nice and bright, but still doesn't match the brightness of this one.

There are the solution for you
Now you can connect Phantom PRO+ controller using Lichi and Pix4d.

wow... great. Please inform us how to install these application into the controller (built in screen)? Do you the video tutorial for that?Thank you

Reactions: BeeLab
wow... great. Please inform us how to install these application into the controller (built in screen)? Do you the video tutorial for that?Thank you
Hi, thanqu for your answer.
It very easy to install Pix4d to controller:
1) turn onn your controller and go to settings devise, open application tab
2)run default internet browser set you have in your controller to download pix4d.apk file. you can google it, or use link that i give in my video describes.
3) after you download pix4d.apk, tap to install it.

Reactions: BeeLab

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl